WESTHUNTER HD GEN2 6-24X50 FFP

just received this scope to try out. bought from westhunteroptics on ebay for $128 shipped !!
30mm tube
sunshade
parallax side wheel
throw pin and rings.
very impressed with clarity from 6 to 24 power and quality of build
tracks just as good as my MTC cobra F1
very smooth side focus and power adjustments.
i believe it will be a nice hunter.
i like it and it didnt break the bank....time will tell (y)

just received this scope to try out. bought from westhunteroptics on ebay for $128 shipped !!
30mm tube
sunshade
parallax side wheel
throw pin and rings.
very impressed with clarity from 6 to 24 power and quality of build
tracks just as good as my MTC cobra F1
very smooth side focus and power adjustments.
i believe it will be a nice hunter.
i like it and it didnt break the bank....time will tell (y)
I bought myself two about 3 days apart, one 4-16x44 and the 6-24x50. The 4-16 that came in at $105 shippped from amazon had better clarity all throughout, a nice and big parallax wheel, magnification knobs, sunshade and scope ring (the rings are trash), this one outshide the 6-24x50 I must've got a lemon haha. But these are things are on the money for the money!

I got the 6-24x50 a couple years back but it failed the box test miserably and had a bad halo around the glass.

Glad they fixed those issues.
Ditto for me. Occupying scope drawer now, tried on several guns, bad halo put me off each time. Scope, and the Wildcat MK3 .30 Sniper, accounted for many crows, too bad about the halo. WM

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
My Westhunter 6-24 gen 2 doesn't have halo issues, although have not tested with box test. I scored it for about 89$ shipped, couldn't beat that deal.

It's glass is clearer than my Athlon Argos 6-24 Gen l

-Matt

I'll look at the Gen ll, I need a knock-around scope for my .25 hunter.

My Westhunter 6-24 gen 2 doesn't have halo issues, although have not tested with box test. I scored it for about 89$ shipped, couldn't beat that deal.

It's glass is clearer than my Athlon Argos 6-24 Gen l

-Matt
Hmm, I just double checked my return snd I definitely got the gen 1 it doesn't say gen 2. I may have to check the gen 2 now.

The 4-16 I got is a gen 1 and I've taken iguanas out to 100yds with it so I assume the box test is good to go.

Hmm, I just double checked my return snd I definitely got the gen 1 it doesn't say gen 2. I may have to check the gen 2 now.

The 4-16 I got is a gen 1 and I've taken iguanas out to 100yds with it so I assume the box test is good to go.

Gen 2 also focuses down to 5-7 yards. My only gripe with it is the reticle is thin, and not IR. But for the price it is more than enough scope for the rifle its on.

-Matt

Gen 2 also focuses down to 5-7 yards. My only gripe with it is the reticle is thin, and not IR. But for the price it is more than enough scope for the rifle its on.

-Matt
How thin it is doesn't bother me too much, the gen 1 also focused down to under 10yds. I primarily use it on a 177 so that small dot and fine reticle is perfet for me. I got the arken LH 6-24 on my katran currently and it's a great scope, but idk if it's that much clearer than the westhunter. It definitely has much better turret feel and clicks. But the parallax in the Westhunter gen 1 is unbeatable imho.

How thin it is doesn't bother me too much, the gen 1 also focused down to under 10yds. I primarily use it on a 177 so that small dot and fine reticle is perfet for me. I got the arken LH 6-24 on my katran currently and it's a great scope, but idk if it's that much clearer than the westhunter. It definitely has much better turret feel and clicks. But the parallax in the Westhunter gen 1 is unbeatable imho.
the reticle is thin on the gen2, but the dot is perfect size, just like the ep5