Western Airguns Western sidewinder 22cal best light weight ammo

Has anyone else with a sidewinder have any luck with lighter ammo? I have recently received a sidewinder 22cal, and does well with the 25g but I tried the 18gr and have immersive results. The 18gr @850 at least for my gun does outstanding out to 75yrds ,didn’t try any further yet. I have shot the 18gr at various speeds but it’s seems to group best @850. Has anyone else tried any other amm ot than the 25&18gr pellets?

Reactions: Bravo1956
I have tried all sorts of ammo out of mine, and have not found anything that equals the 25.4 redesigned pellets, although the JSB 18.1s are decently usable (not as good, but acceptable. None of the other usual suspects by JSB, H&N, Crosman worked well.

Sadly, mine also seems to shoot best over 900 fps. I'd really like to find something that shoots well at around 25 FPE or under as the gun's action is so loud on it's own at the higher power levels. I have it well moderated, but that does nothing for the noise coming from the action. I find the Huben to be much quieter, even at higher power levels. A quieter action would make shooting it much more enjoyable.

Reactions: Bravo1956
I wanted to check all my options with ammo that I have, and increase shot count plus reduce noise. The noise of the action loud however the sto falx moderator works well for the blast ,and it’s as quiet as it can get. I did notice shooting a row of targets adjusting the power wheel that one turn more or less did make a noticeable difference in the groups @50&75yrds . I did not believe that the gun could shoot the 18gr so good,because I have not seen any others talk about it. I can always turn the power wheel up and shoot the 25gr if I choose but for now the 18gr are extremely accurate and I get almost 100 shots with a 250bar fill.