• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Western Airguns Western Rattler 357

This gun hovers on the border between forum guidelines for big bore and PCP so thought I would post here and hope for better response.

Now that this gun has been out for a bit, I am wondering how the folks who have them like them. How are you using it? Heavy slug slinger, lighter slugs? Maybe someone is using it for pellets. Has the gun held up well? How is your accuracy?

I am contemplating purchasing one but am on the fence and am not a big fan of YouTube reviews. Rather hear from users with no dog in the fight other than their out lay of money and how they perceive the value.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Normally, I do not respond to posts for things I do not have personal experience with. I will respond, because while I do not and have not owned the Rattler, I do own a .30 Sidewinder which is very similar (removable magazine) and have considered the Rattler (non-removable magazine).
FWIW, I have owned 2 Huben K1's (.22 and .25) and the LCS SK19 in .25. After owning those guns and realizing the issues of cleaning the barrel and making the gun safe, I decided on the Sidewinder with its removeable magazine, which solves both those issues. I use mine to shoot the 44.75 grain JSB pellets and 44.75 Hades pellets. My hunting ranges are short, (25-45 yds) so I knew I'd be happy with pellets. Mine has held up well. The accuracy is phenomenal. One of the most accurate out of the box guns I have owned. AGN member Emu has numerous posts on the Sidewinder. Based on my experience with the Sidewinder I would not hesitate to get a Rattler. The only reason I have not is, I have a Veradium Air tuned .357 Bulldog that is super accurate and gives me around 120 fpe. I find its 5 shot magazine sufficient, and at that power level and the ranges I shoot, a follow up shot is almost never required. I like the Sidewinder enough that I purchased a second magazine (@$150-and worth it). I may purchase another Sidewinder in the new mini version, and if I needed another .357, the Rattler would be it.

@cmatera What did you mean by “I have a Veradium Air tuned .357 Bulldog that is super accurate and gives me around 120 fpe?” Do you mean your Veradium Air tuned .357 Bulldog gives you 120 fpe more than what a .357 Rattler produces?
No, it just means I get 120 fpe with the Bulldog, which was all I wanted, but if I want more, I can send it to Brian Thurman at Veradium Air and he will make it a Taurus for +$850

@cmaterab Getting what you want is what’s really important. I was curious because I’m looking at some shot string data and my stock .357 Bulldog is pushing lead producing more energy than 120 fpe with certain projectiles. I’d have to do some digging to see what my numbers look with pellets. I was wondering why until you said it was setup by Brian to perform that way.