Western Airguns šŸŗWestern Rattler .357 for Coyotes

Hi everyone, Iā€™m a regular on Snipershide, looking forward to this forum for some air conversation. šŸ˜Ž

My buddy and I have been patiently waiting for air systems to come up with a solid heavy-hitting solution for coyote hunting. Our area has big coy-dogs, they are tough 45lb animals. We are not head shooters, we target vitals and we want enough power to go completely through the animal with a decent exit wound for either good tracking or DOA results. ā€¦. well that day has come, with the western rattler .357. Its been in the marketplace for a year or so now and it has some history so weā€™ve decided to jump in and give it a go. We have a pair coming in from AOA, (our preferred dealer mostly because of our history together w FX rifles of the past).

Hereā€™s the question ;

How many guys out here have this rifle and what percentage of shooters are dealing with air loss while rifle sits. How bad is your air loss?

Iā€™ve seen a few negative posts, and I see about 5 guys with complaints ( from 2022), but thats not to bad considering the number of rifles that I sense are being sold nationwide.

Iā€™d love a vote of confidence from users who have owned this rifle and have history with it, it might make hunting commitments easier to make, book and travel for. We arenā€™t backyard shooters, we drive and go all-in on hunts and I have no true life existence w this rifle (yet).

IMG_0434.jpeg

Last edited:
I bought one about 6 weeks ago. It gets shot once every week. Until last week when other ventures diverted me. Two weeks and not a bit of air loss.
So far I have to say this is the funnest air rifle I own. It wonā€™t replace my small bore guns but it is Consuming more of my air gun time than I had anticipated.

I bought one about 6 weeks ago. It gets shot once every week. Until last week when other ventures diverted me. Two weeks and not a bit of air loss.
So far I have to say this is the funnest air rifle I own. It wonā€™t replace my small bore guns but it is Consuming more of my air gun time than I had anticipated.
@Chukar60 Are you casting slugs for it?

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Thank you for your input.
I just got my rifle today. I also spoke to AoA and they said the air loss issues I found online are such a small sample size after thousands of rifles soldā€¦. Itā€™s been a solid gun for them so far.
Iā€™m gonna guess this was either largely a first batch problem or thereā€™s a lot of people who just sorta accepted a certain amount of leakage because it seems like thereā€™s a LOT of people who report this issue and thatā€™s only the ones on this forum

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Wester RATLER .357 VS Coyote
142g NSA

The .357 Rattler throws a bolt of lightning on coyotes. The one shot drops still amazes meā€¦
.357 Rattler is the PCP coyote killing ā€œKINGā€ šŸ˜
Iā€™m running the 145g Griffin BTHP LDCā€™s with the same results. Longest to date 176y
Thanks for posting šŸ‘šŸ»

Last edited by a moderator: