Western Pennsylvania airgunners?

Nothing to be sorry about.

I started the thread to just see how many people from western PA there were.
Hello,
I am very new to the seen, originally grew up in North East, now living in Millcreek. I am looking to purchase a PCP but haven’t made up my mind yet. Plus I need to figure out where to get air in town or to save my money and get a compressor. Feel free to message me… I have a lot to learn.
Cheers
Jack

Hello,
I am very new to the seen, originally grew up in North East, now living in Millcreek. I am looking to purchase a PCP but haven’t made up my mind yet. Plus I need to figure out where to get air in town or to save my money and get a compressor. Feel free to message me… I have a lot to learn.
Cheers
Jack
Hi Jack,
I’m actually still pretty new to the pcp world myself. There are a number of websites/forums and YouTube channels that are all wonderful resources.

The people on this site as well as all the others in the airgun world are the most friendly people you can ask for.

I retired in 2015 and wanted to plink in the back yard and try my hand at squirrel hunting. I’m left handed so my choices were limited. I bought a Benjamin Marauder .22 pkg with a compressor from Pyramid air. And loved it. However, I’m a small guy and not that strong and tore a rotator in my right shoulder so. What was an already heavy gun felt like a ton.

I myself decided to jump in with both feet and $$$$. And decided to get a Daystate Deltawolf. After waiting for EVER like over a year (Covid etc etc). I cancelled and bought a FX Impact M3.

I guess my best advice would be, like you’ll hear everywhere, is, decide what you want to do with it and what fits your budget.

I’m happy to answer any questions I can and anything else I can do to help you out.
Jay

Altoona Area.......trying to start a once a month or more if you are interested springers only paper shiloutte match next month. It will be at the Double Tap range in Altoona in their Archery range. Springers only or piston is ok. Beautiful facility. If your interested call me at 814_932_ 1390. If I don't answer leave your name and number, I WILL call you back. Jeff Gates

Reactions: peaceful_ruler
Altoona Area.......trying to start a once a month or more if you are interested springers only paper shiloutte match next month. It will be at the Double Tap range in Altoona in their Archery range. Springers only or piston is ok. Beautiful facility. If you’re interested call me at 814_932_ 1390. If I don't answer leave your name and number, I WILL call you back. Jeff Gates
Hey Jeff,

All I have is my FX M3 .22 (pcp). So shooting for me wont be an option.

I may still come just to watch though!

I really hope you get a bunch of participants and this grows in our area. Not sure if I can help in some way but if there is something I can do let me know. - too bad one of the local sportsman’s clubs don’t do something

My wife and I use to shoot pistols there before it was called Double Tap. It is a VERY nice facility for sure.

I’ll try to give you a call this evening…

Reactions: HubenK1Sniper92
Hey Jeff,

I really hope you get a bunch of participants and this grows in our area. Not sure if I can help in some way but if there is something I can do let me know. - too bad one of the local sportsman’s clubs don’t do something

My wife and I use to shoot pistols there before it was called Double Tap. It is a VERY nice facility for sure.

Thanks for the response Jay. The new group at Double Tap is way beyond the 2 previous owners. I hear they are talking about a significant exspansion. Get a springer and come join us. Took me anout a month to figure out the springer but I am amaz3d at the acvuracy . When I post the first date I will of course have it on here. Come over and shoot your pistol , let me know when, I will be there. You and your wife can try out my tuned TX200, you might be surprised.

Thanks for the response Jay. The new group at Double Tap is way beyond the 2 previous owners. I hear they are talking about a significant exspansion. Get a springer and come join us. Took me anout a month to figure out the springer but I am amaz3d at the acvuracy . When I post the first date I will of course have it on here. Come over and shoot your pistol , let me know when, I will be there. You and your wife can try out my tuned TX200, you might be surprised.
Hey Jeff,

Sorry I didn’t call you, was playing with my granddaughter and completely slipped my mind.

I’d love to come down and meet/see everyone shoot.

Hope to see you soon!!

If I don’t get to meet you in person before, Christmas/New Year’s, Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year’s.

Jay

Hey Jeff,

I second that, hopefully it gets big enough to allow pcp’s I don’t have any springers and really don’t mess with them… would be nice since Altoona is only 45 min from me

I’m between Johnstown and Ebensburg. Sorry, not looking to be part of a group or any shooting buddies.
Why wouldn’t you want to shoot with local airgunners? Just curious, I can’t convince any locals powder burner friends at my sporting clubs to try airguns, they are interested until I say how much it costs lol and it sucks not having any local airgun friends.

Reactions: JEFFPPC
I don’t talk any airgun stuff around any PB guys except my absolute closest friends. Especially at my local gun ranges. I will never be seen there with a shiny toy silently shooting tiny groups. Why? Because every hobby I’ve been involved in, when it got too big it got ruined. PB guys and their mentality can bring any shooting hobby to it’s knees. I know, I was a PB guy and still am, but always split my gun interests between the two my whole life. Fortunately all my load development is done and all my guns are dialed in. I only go to a range now to check zero before I hunt with a particular gun. I don’t even like being around those guys anymore. I shoot out to 200 yards off my dining room table on my range and have great places to hunt with my airguns when I’m not hunting big game. My almost lifelong pursuit of trophy class animals is probably why I enjoy hunting alone the most. It’s just what I’m used to. I shoot from time to time with my buddies son and my whole family shoots. We always have pellet fest at my sisters in Virginia every year. That’s good enough for me. There are probably some really cool guys here to hang out with so it’s nothing personal. It’s just how I am.

Altoona Area.......trying to start a once a month or more if you are interested springers only paper shiloutte match next month. It will be at the Double Tap range in Altoona in their Archery range. Springers only or piston is ok. Beautiful facility. If your interested call me at 814_932_ 1390. If I don't answer leave your name and number, I WILL call you back. Jeff Gates
I’m in Fulton County…this sounds interesting.

I don’t talk any airgun stuff around any PB guys except my absolute closest friends. Especially at my local gun ranges. I will never be seen there with a shiny toy silently shooting tiny groups. Why? Because every hobby I’ve been involved in, when it got too big it got ruined. PB guys and their mentality can bring any shooting hobby to it’s knees. I know, I was a PB guy and still am, but always split my gun interests between the two my whole life. Fortunately all my load development is done and all my guns are dialed in. I only go to a range now to check zero before I hunt with a particular gun. I don’t even like being around those guys anymore. I shoot out to 200 yards off my dining room table on my range and have great places to hunt with my airguns when I’m not hunting big game. My almost lifelong pursuit of trophy class animals is probably why I enjoy hunting alone the most. It’s just what I’m used to. I shoot from time to time with my buddies son and my whole family shoots. We always have pellet fest at my sisters in Virginia every year. That’s good enough for me. There are probably some really cool guys here to hang out with so it’s nothing personal. It’s just how I am.
Really? Stereotyping powder burner shooters saying they will ruin the sport with their mentality? Sound to me like you have some paranoia issues and just like being alone, to each their own though..

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JEFFPPC
Not paranoid at all. I just don’t live in a state of bliss. I’ll drive out to Cabelas and try to buy a box of 45/70 ammo. Not happening. Then I will have to check 5 places to find .30 pellets. Didn’t used to be that way. All caused by one group directly or indirectly. I’m rarely alone so maybe that’s why I don’t mind it when it comes to shooting or hunting.