• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Western Airguns VS LCS Air Arms (in Court)

A little inside info: An employee at LCS Air Arms stole a Laptop from the LCS office when they left. LCS believes that is how the Rattler was developed, as a direct result of the Laptop theft. They are pretty mad about it and also mad at the main Western Arms seller because they felt betrayed by them as well. I'm pretty sure they are going to court with the new gun company.

Obviously, someone can dissassemble an SK-19 and reverse engenier anything they want. It's not rocket science. But LCS alledges what I stated above.

....crazy world.

A little inside info: An employee at LCS Air Arms stole a Laptop from the LCS office when they left. LCS believes that is how the Rattler was developed, as a direct result of the Laptop theft. They are pretty mad about it and also mad at the main Western Arms seller because they felt betrayed by them as well. I'm pretty sure they are going to court with the new gun company.

Obviously, someone can dissassemble an SK-19 and reverse engenier anything they want. It's not rocket science. But LCS alledges what I stated above.

....crazy world.

Not that I am into drama as we are supposed to all be adults in airgunning but it would be cool to post a source....

Reactions: harrymoreland
From what I hear, the engineer that came up with the original design moved to western because of the wanting for big bore styles that LCS did not want to Perdue. Again, here-say, but I’m willing to bet a company backed by AOA, isn’t going to risk lawsuits without knowing what they’re doing.

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
Nobody wins in a Lawsuit except the Lawyers $$$$$$$!
If this is true both Companies would be far better off spending the Time&Money to improve thier product and Customer Service. In the end they will have spent far less $$$$ and Frustration and will have improved their Market Position.

Negotiate don't Litigate, it is a very expensive lesson to learn!
Hopefully Cool Heads will prevail

Nobody wins in a Lawsuit except the Lawyers $$$$$$$!
Couldn't help myself and started laughing when I read this.

In all seriousness, when I found out that AoA removed the LCS line from their inventory and introduced the Rattler, it seemed kind of sketchy to me given the similarities. For me personally, it's something I would have to pass up on pending the outcome.