• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Western Airguns Sidewinder

This gun is much more than a CAD drawing, I can promise you that. Enclosed is a photo of the fully functional titanium magazine. It's a bit concerning that some important comments have been removed from this post hence reason I no longer hang out here.
Screenshot_20230203-224342~2.png

This gun is much more than a CAD drawing, I can promise you that. Enclosed is a photo of the fully functional titanium magazine. It's a bit concerning that some important comments have been removed from this post hence reason I no longer hang out here.
To be fair, you can't really blame people for calling out poor communication. The official website still says "Fall 2022" despite the fact that we are well over a month into 2023. I get that WA doesn't have the PR manpower of say, FX or EdGun, and Im sure these projects take a lot of time and focus... but a little communication goes a long way. At the very least keep the website up to date or post a news update once in a while. Heck, even a crude YouTube video would suffice, like BinTac does. I can't imagine that would take up a lot of time.

I mean this with all due respect. I am not an airgun engineer, and don't want to sound like I want to "speak to the manager", haha.

View attachment 329409
Titanium mag sounds fuc*ing serious! But when FX sells a plastic mag for $70 to $80 a piece I'm wondering how much this one is gonna cost!!!

Titanium mag sounds fuc*ing serious! But when FX sells a plastic mag for $70 to $80 a piece I'm wondering how much this one is gonna cost!!!
I was told additional mags will b e around $140 a piece. I myself wonder why they chose titanium for the magazines. While titanium is very light weight, it's also quit brittle, and fragile. I had a titanium ring once. It shattered like glass by simply dropping it on the concrete.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Non-sponsored vendors are not allow to promote their products on Airgun Nation, which includes pricing, availability and product updates. This has always been our model.

I was told additional mags will b e around $140 a piece. I myself wonder why they chose titanium for the magazines. While titanium is very light weight, it's also quit brittle, and fragile. I had a titanium ring once. It shattered like glass by simply dropping it on the concrete.
I think you have watched too many Terminator movies! :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Sung
Titanium is pretty strong, a large part like a magazine would never shatter. You would have to put it in a vice and slam it with a sledgehammer to break it, it wouldn't shatter it would crack and snap off. Simply dropping it wouldn't do the job as it doesn't have enough weight. The biggest downside over steel is really the cost of material and machining. Titanium is lighter, a good choice as it won't rust or wear like treated steel components and has less rotating mass for this particular part that turns at high velocity.