• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Western Airguns Rattler .357

Those speaking of regulation hear this, consider what's involved financially in buying and shooting high end airguns. This is usually a deterrent enough for most that are even casually interested in Airguns. Most of us true airgunners are to the rest of the world completely nuts for spending that much on bb guns. Things will evolve regardless, I think we just have to educate people and set a good example for what airguns are. The truth is these are wonderful hunting tools and only getting better.
Well said Dana

Reactions: mercado
apparently they've sold over 900 units and i know of only 3 that people have posted about leaking air. mine was an early build #24 so maybe they've worked out the kinks. i'll detail when i get the unit back in a month they've extended the warranty as well till i get it back working properly.

i don't have many airguns so while the price is very high i see it as several guns in 1, a lower power pellet plinker with 40 shot capacity and a full power slug hunter with 15 shots, all semiauto. the accuracy is very good with pellets and slugs with the 1:26 twist barrel. there really isn't a need for another airgun for me except maybe a lighter option something around 6 pounds. i will probably buy that pump action AEA MAX 6 shot arrow conversion from gogun when it is available that thing looks super fun and lightweight.
My Western Airguns Rattler .357 leaks also. 25 bars within a couple of days. My first air rifle was an LCS SK19 .25 cal. Was fine for a couple years sitting in storage mainly. Sold it to upgrade to the .30 Cal LCS Sk19 and it had a slow leak also. I replaced the o-rings of the power dial and the screw adjacent to it. I sealed them with teflon plumbers paste on the o-rings and threads.

Reactions: unpollo2
My Western Airguns Rattler .357 leaks also. 25 bars within a couple of days. My first air rifle was an LCS SK19 .25 cal. Was fine for a couple years sitting in storage mainly. Sold it to upgrade to the .30 Cal LCS Sk19 and it had a slow leak also. I replaced the o-rings of the power dial and the screw adjacent to it. I sealed them with teflon plumbers paste on the o-rings and threads.
i've sent mine back 2 times now for leaks. send yours back too. if they don't get it right this time i'm refunding and waiting for next gen.

Anyone find a Goldilocks pellet(s) and slug(s)? Think I’m gonna order some 125 from NSA and some Mai Tai & round nose from Lucky Seven (I like to support local business and he’s in my neck of the woods).
i had good results with these:
Proslugs
.357 156g Puncher Hollow Point Airgun Slugs 100ct Box

i would look for NSA in the 150's grain as that is the sweet spot for FPS and FPE

Reactions: Bernie7
i'm suprised there aren't more posts/reviews/videos on this gun. nothing on the market like it. there are tons of edgun leshiy2 and FX impact stuff but this gun is better in nearly all ways except maybe accuracy which it is very very close.
Advertising for Western Airguns isn't allowed on this forum, probably part of the reason you don't see much.

• Wow
Reactions: tibor
unfortunately i had to refund my rattler they couldn't fix the leak in an appropriate time. it was and still is an amazing pcp and i look forward to the future versions with the kinks worked out. mine was #24 so it was very early production and i have only heard of 3 other people out of hundreds having this slow leak issue so maybe it was bad luck.

ideally i would like to see it 2 pounds lighter... there is no reason for an air rifle to be 9 pounds. some of the frame could be slimmed down.
the accuracy was amazing even out to 100 yards with slugs... so a shorter version might be considered with minimal impact on accuracy and power.
they seem to have the ability to swap out the magazine as indicated by the Sidewinder model news so that should also be engineered into the Rattler later.
power wheel needs to have a max stop setting.
finally i wish the internal valve seals where my gun was leaking could be user replaceable.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Has anybody had the rattler not cycle correctly. I just took mine out in cold weather an it would shoot the first trigger pull the the second trigger pull no bullet the third it would fire. This cycle happened for for several magazines. Just wondering if it needs lubed or out of time or????? This is a new gun, that cycled ok while testing at the gun shop, and worked for about half a magazine and started this every other shot a bullet coming out.

Has anybody had the rattler not cycle correctly. I just took mine out in cold weather an it would shoot the first trigger pull the the second trigger pull no bullet the third it would fire. This cycle happened for for several magazines. Just wondering if it needs lubed or out of time or????? This is a new gun, that cycled ok while testing at the gun shop, and worked for about half a magazine and started this every other shot a bullet coming out.
Did you lay it down in snow/ice? Either way I’d reach out to AoA with a detailed description of the problem. Please let us know the outcome/resolution.

Their slug picky. I either shoot pellets or make dam sure the slugs are not to tight or stick out. Also if you shoot below the reg it will not cycle properly.

this is true. even though it is very well balanced i personally wish they could reduce the weight by 2 pounds.

why interested in the Skout? i watched many videos of it and i couldn't see any true benefit. it is essentially an electronic FX Impact. it's not semi-auto and it won't reach the power of the Rattler. what benefits did you see for it?
Remove some parts.