• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Western Airguns Rattler .357

The only thing that concerns me is the slow leak but it's something that they have to fix or replace with a new pcp so I'm not worried about it that much. As for mark2 versions since this is essentially a redesign of the LCS SK19 it's technically a mark2 version of that pcp.

I'll update when I get it back and ask exactly where the leak was.
luckily mine doesn't seem to have a leak but will keep an eye on it. for a couple more hundred i could have bought the new Skout that's coming out.

another thing rattler is so heavy with scope only thing it's good for is target or sitting in a hide all day and waiting for something to shoot, can't imagine walking around with that much weight all day.
this is true. even though it is very well balanced i personally wish they could reduce the weight by 2 pounds.

why interested in the Skout? i watched many videos of it and i couldn't see any true benefit. it is essentially an electronic FX Impact. it's not semi-auto and it won't reach the power of the Rattler. what benefits did you see for it?

this guy shooting 152g slugs at 850 fps for 244 FPE and his 100 yard groupings are comparable to the Skout below

Skout shooting 50g pellets at 850 fps for 80 FPE with similar groupings. They are better but he's also using JSB match pellets vs slugs.

finally the Skout is shooting at 1400 PSI to achieve its results. the Rattler is regulated to 15mpa=2175 PSI and it is pushing ammo 3x heavier at the same FPS. if the Skout ever did make a 357 model what PSI do you think they would have to use to get those same results?

Reactions: mercado
Hi guys it’s me Song (AirSniper) I have been shooting a lot of rounds through mine Rattler 357 for the pass 4 weeks and still learning how to shoot this gun. The Rattler has a lot of potential, powerful and very accurate. I have a lot of confident hitting my target out to 200 plus yards. Gun do have few weak point when it come to airs leaks. However just like any PCP there always going to leaks sooner or later. I has about 5000+ rounds with this gun and still shooting strong. Here is my latest video on YouTube shooting soda can at 200 yards.

I also have a few hunting videos shooting ground squires, but I can’t post those videos on YouTube. Imagine what those slugs can do a 🐿, just look at the soda can that I destroyed at 200 yards.

Last edited:
That may be a reasonable conclusion to draw from the potential event, but lets get real: If people are being killed by airgun toting idiots then of course there will be a reaction. It will not matter one bit if it is a semi automatic Rattler, or an Impact, or a Texan, or a Daisy.

This is a behavioral issue, not a “Powerful”, “Fully Semi-Automatic” (!) Airgun issue. It is why WE must be responsible in our actions and our behaviors, and not tolerate irresponsible behavior. Complaining about the tool being too powerful is irrelevant. The “Tool” doesn’t make one do stupid or dangerous things. If a .357 airgun is too powerful for your suburban backyard then DON’T SHOOT IT IN YOUR BACKYARD!

”The (air)gun made me do it” ain’t ever going to be a good excuse or defense.

Chris
FACTS! (Is this not still America?) GOD told me: "Don't take a knee to anyone but me"
My behaviors don't change to accommodate others if I'm living righteously and legally. I don't cower to ANYONE if I'm not doing anything wrong. To conclude that we should not bring attention to ourselves because, it might make "The powers that shouldn't be" come down upon us - is LUDICROUS!
(That's how slaves and lazy cowards live out there lives.)

"This is a behavioral issue, not a “Powerful”, “Fully Semi-Automatic” (!) Airgun issue. It is why WE must be responsible in our actions and our behaviors, and not tolerate irresponsible behavior. Complaining about the tool being too powerful is irrelevant. The “Tool” doesn’t make one do stupid or dangerous things. If a .357 airgun is too powerful for your suburban backyard then DON’T SHOOT IT IN YOUR BACKYARD!"

Reactions: AirGunShooter
Well, I bought my placeholder for one with AOA. They say mid October is when they'll be in. Id like to get close to the 270 FPE claimed power, but I'd rather do it while maintaining at least 900 FPS. Those 174 grain high arc hunters have to go at least 836 FPS to achieve 270 FPE but I think I'd prefer less weight and more velocity, so long as accuracy doesn't suffer. Anyone on here get any noteworthy results with something in the 130-150 grain range? 150 grains going 900 fps or 130 grains doing 950 fps is where I think I'd like to be. If it's anything like my huben k1s I assume longer slugs will work better.

Reactions: Hornclayton
Well, I bought my placeholder for one with AOA. They say mid October is when they'll be in. Id like to get close to the 270 FPE claimed power, but I'd rather do it while maintaining at least 900 FPS. Those 174 grain high arc hunters have to go at least 836 FPS to achieve 270 FPE but I think I'd prefer less weight and more velocity, so long as accuracy doesn't suffer. Anyone on here get any noteworthy results with something in the 130-150 grain range? 150 grains going 900 fps or 130 grains doing 950 fps is where I think I'd like to be. If it's anything like my huben k1s I assume longer slugs will work better.
this guy shoots 156grain slugs at 850fps which is about 244 FPE
this is probably as close as you're going to get

Reactions: Asher and ram2jeep
ive got my rattler 357 back today shoots just like it did before sending it off for leak repair.

specifically they said they replaced a "hat seal" that was causing the slow 3mpa per week leak. remember the usable range of air on this is 15mpa to 25mpa so even though it was slow within 1 month it would be below the 15mpa recommended pressure.

i know a few of you also had leak repairs chime in?

Sent it in for leak repair and came back still leaking. Just sent it back for a refund. There's a lot of upside to the gun, but if it leaks I can't use it for my intended purposes. At this price point I would expect that, at a minimum, the gun would be leak free after no more than 1 servicing.
that sucks man i totally understand especially at this price point!

mine holds air fine now tested it 1 week. shoots just like before. with 156g slugs i turn the power wheel 19 clicks counterclockwise from starting point and get 15 full power shots, then i switched to 81g JSB and turned it down 18 clicks and can get around 40 full power shots.

at 20 yards i don't have to adjust the red dot + laser combo at all for slugs or pellets using this power wheel method they're all shooting around 875 fps.

it does worry me in the future about leaking and the warranty is only 1 year. i may contact them to see if they offer something longer about leaks.

I'm having some second thoughts. I watched a video that said there is no limiter on the power wheel and it's possible to open it up too much. I also don't really like how it is positioned. Can resting it on a bag cause it to turn? My huben power wheels are limited and counter sunk in the stock, very nice. I will be in Phoenix soon and may stop in to see one in person and test it if they allow

I see Absolute No reason for full auto . NONE .
I see no reason for a .72, or maybe even a .357 here in commiefornia. That said, I have an LCS that I quite enjoy. I satisfy my own desires, not those of others. I welcome giant bores, full auto, semi auto, silencers complete in the belief of free choice as a reason for that individual. Once after asking my dad IF he was concerned about one his choices in a personal matter he said "do you think I give a poop about what other people think?" Everyone loved and respected him, they knew exactly what they got. I got a LCS SK19, 22. A 22 slug barrel, a 25 magazine and a 25 slug barrel, trying to get a 30 setup for it also......no matter what anyone else thinks, lol.

I'm having some second thoughts. I watched a video that said there is no limiter on the power wheel and it's possible to open it up too much. I also don't really like how it is positioned. Can resting it on a bag cause it to turn? My huben power wheels are limited and counter sunk in the stock, very nice. I will be in Phoenix soon and may stop in to see one in person and test it if they allow
it is a very hard click to turn. no way to turn it by accident. more pressure than a 16oz plastic coke bottle top turn. there are probably 6 clicks to make 1 complete turn of the wheel. there is a starting point where it won't turn in anymore but i haven't reached a stopping point on the opening up of the air chamber i just dont go past 25 clicks.

The more I read on the Huben the more I like it, Nothing seems bad about the gun, The SK 19 never heard a lot about the gun but I think the sidewinder is going to be a knockoff of the SK19 The grape vine says a lot of improvements but not sure where. I am a pellet shooter no slugs for me, Now if I start pushing my guns past 100 yards slugs my be my ticket to little holes