• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Western Airguns Rattler .357

i ordered one getting it next week. i also saw LCS post that they will also be coming out with 35cal version. no mention of full auto. will followup after i go shooting!

btw does anyone know the differences/improvements made on this rattler? i know it has better magazine for slugs, but i also hear it has improvements over LCS since same designer?

Last edited:
As I thought, Western rattker and LCS are a company, which are used to fill the market where SK19 has no 9mm gap, but WR adopts a new design and hopes to produce 25cal version or new version of LCs 25CAL
I was at AOA on Thursday and was told they no longer sell LCS because of their choice to sell the Rattler. So obviously, it's not the same company.

Reactions: Asher
I was at AOA on Thursday and was told they no longer sell LCS because of their choice to sell the Rattler. So obviously, it's not the same company.
So for all the LCS owners that bought from AOA and have the warranty, are we SOL for service?
Hopefully AOA still services the LCS and parts are attainable.

Does the rattler come in the 22-30 calibers? Wish I were the fly on the wall when those decisions were made

Reactions: CyberDyneSystems
Watch us as we run down the road to Government regulation! The first time a human is killed with an automatic airgun we will rise up into the anti-gun radar. If folks have trouble shipping airguns via FEDEX, UPS and the USPS, what do you think will happen when the headlines read “Man killed by automatic air rifle shooting .357 slugs that had a legal silencer”. Wake up!

Those speaking of regulation hear this, consider what's involved financially in buying and shooting high end airguns. This is usually a deterrent enough for most that are even casually interested in Airguns. Most of us true airgunners are to the rest of the world completely nuts for spending that much on bb guns. Things will evolve regardless, I think we just have to educate people and set a good example for what airguns are. The truth is these are wonderful hunting tools and only getting better.

Those speaking of regulation hear this, consider what's involved financially in buying and shooting high end airguns. This is usually a deterrent enough for most that are even casually interested in Airguns. Most of us true airgunners are to the rest of the world completely nuts for spending that much on bb guns. Things will evolve regardless, I think we just have to educate people and set a good example for what airguns are. The truth is these are wonderful hunting tools and only getting better.
Absolutely correct!

“Things will evolve regardless.” Yes they will, and it on all of us to behave responsibly AND call out irresponsible behavior when and where we see it!

Reactions: Removed
owners chime in! just got mine today!

shooting 35 JSB exact 81g 1inch clusters at 25 yards.

what do you shoot?

also the reviews say power wheel maxes at 12 clicks counterclockwise but i can keep turning mine 25+ clicks so is it redundant after 12?

i did notice some very small amount of air brushing my right cheek which is basically pressed right up next to the magazine. no where near the amount of air blowback coming from the S45 but I can feel something there. not on every shot like 1 in 10 shots it happens.

Last edited:
If this rattler is anything like the LCS in barrel installation, the barrel when reinstalled (say you want to pull it out for a cleaning on a padded vise) has to go back in exactly as set from the factory, or you will get jamming(if too tight) o air blow back(if too loose). Too tight will risk jammed pellets and big damage, too loose loss of velocity and it will affect the cycling.

Maybe the barrel wasn’t set up correctly from the factory? I get no blow back from my LCS

Reactions: unpollo2
Hello unpollo

The Rattler loves 860 Fps with 81 grain pellets. 145 to 150 bar reg set. 1 to 1.5 inch groups at 100 are common. With the 172 grain slugs, Leave reg at factory set use the power wheel and expect to max out at factory reg set at 250 ft lbs. don’t remember the speed. They shoot same groups as pellets or better. Please keep in mind the TJ barrels lead up when new after 60 or so shots. After 200 to 300 they start to behave. Don’t be afraid to use firearms grade cleaning materials. It’s a firearms grade barrel. I hope this helps. Have fun.

Rob.

Reactions: tibor
Hello unpollo

The Rattler loves 860 Fps with 81 grain pellets. 145 to 150 bar reg set. 1 to 1.5 inch groups at 100 are common. With the 172 grain slugs, Leave reg at factory set use the power wheel and expect to max out at factory reg set at 250 ft lbs. don’t remember the speed. They shoot same groups as pellets or better. Please keep in mind the TJ barrels lead up when new after 60 or so shots. After 200 to 300 they start to behave. Don’t be afraid to use firearms grade cleaning materials. It’s a firearms grade barrel. I hope this helps. Have fun.

Rob.
Heya, Rob.

What 172 grain slug have you been using?
Also, does the power wheel stop at min and max, or does it freely spin either/both directions? How do you get a bearing as to what power you are at if not shooting through a chrono?

Cheers!

If this rattler is anything like the LCS in barrel installation, the barrel when reinstalled (say you want to pull it out for a cleaning on a padded vise) has to go back in exactly as set from the factory, or you will get jamming(if too tight) o air blow back(if too loose). Too tight will risk jammed pellets and big damage, too loose loss of velocity and it will affect the cycling.

Maybe the barrel wasn’t set up correctly from the factory? I get no blow back from my LCS
i will email the company. it isn't anything dangerous i just feel a little puff of air because my mouth area is literally half an inch away from the rotating magazine. if you could test something on LCS can you cup your hand over the left side of the magazine as you fire a few rounds and tell me if you feel any air escaping after each shot?