• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Western Airguns Western Airguns Rattler .30

Just got my new Western Rattler and I noticed at the base of the barrel there seems to be a crushed O-ring...is that supposed to be seated like this???

WAR2.jpg

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
This is a brand new gun? Look at the marks under the scope rail, the gauge condition and the o-ring you point out. Looks like SOMEONE has USED it before.
Dropped 4K at airguns of AZ on this outfitted for slugs at 100 yards for Coyote shaped targets including the scope and Hardcase mounts etc.....

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
I just got the phone with them, they offered to send out a new rail, which I wasn't interested in.
They claim it is a new gun and the damages are from a "test scope".
They said to watch the video online for detailed instructions on how to reset the O-ring.
I hope the gun is as good as they make it seem. This is kind of a rough start to the whole experience of Airguns of Arizona.
I plan on shooting it next week and after about 1000 rounds combined slugs and pellets, I will share my thoughts in this thread for those who might be interested.

• Wow
Reactions: tibor
This is a brand new gun? Look at the marks under the scope rail, the gauge condition and the o-ring you point out. Looks like SOMEONE has USED it before.
I was going to post this same thing earlier. This is not a "new" gun.

The claim those marks were made by a test scope would be unacceptable to me. There are too many other marks and thing wrong just in this picture. IMO you got a returned gun.

AoA sold me the sidewinder that hard air magazine did their demo with as "new". .22 serial #4.
Thank you, This is very telling. I'm going to try and give them the benefit of the doubt, and hope this is an easy fix.
I have stopped purchasing from a couple of major airgun retailers/brands due to similar practices. I hope this will not be the case with AoA.

So far the best experience I have had as far as giving money to Airgun companies has been Utah Airguns, That's the kind of company I'm glad to pay top dollar for.
But like I said before, for the time being, I will give them the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully, this gun will meet the advertised expectations.

AoA sold me the sidewinder that hard air magazine did their demo with as "new". .22 serial #4.
Same here, FX sent MK3 Wildcat .30 to my dealer as new. After acquiring, zero accuracy, removed stock, gun internally trashed. (See thread, "Ever See a Butchered Wildcat?") FX would not admit anything but repaired, as best as possible, under warranty. Suspect gun was loaned to reviewer, damaged while tuning, returned to FX who placed back in inventory, without internal inspection. No plans for future FX purchases. WM

I would find that completely unacceptable on a new rifle in that price range. That's the kind of thing one might decide to just deal with on a Hatsan closeout sale, but for a new Rattler from a "reputable" dealer they should be both disclosing the damage and reducing the price to compensate for it. At the very least profusely apologizing for and offering to take it back.

Same here, FX sent MK3 Wildcat .30 to my dealer as new. After acquiring, zero accuracy, removed stock, gun internally trashed. (See thread, "Ever See a Butchered Wildcat?") FX would not admit anything but repaired, as best as possible, under warranty. Suspect gun was loaned to reviewer, damaged while tuning, returned to FX who placed back in inventory, without internal inspection. No plans for future FX purchases. WM
Was that from FX USA?

Was that from FX USA?
No, dealer acquired gun as part of shipment from Sweden. Paperwork shows "new" designation, don't agree that guns used as store demos or sent to air gun reviewers, and returned, should be considered "new," guess FX does. FX USA did warranty work. WM

I would find that completely unacceptable on a new rifle in that price range. That's the kind of thing one might decide to just deal with on a Hatsan closeout sale, but for a new Rattler from a "reputable" dealer they should be both disclosing the damage and reducing the price to compensate for it. At the very least profusely apologizing for and offering to take it back.
Agreed. If you cant get great service, then what is the point of giving any business your money if they cant take responsibility? . The most honest people I have bought air guns from, are the people selling their safe queens for a lot less on the classifieds of Airgun Nation. i cant say enough how much I love Airgun Nation website and all the forums. So many great people here who will chime in and help you fix via internet and posts, just about anything. Learning how to fix your own air guns is a must have skillset if your really going to shoot a lot.