• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

West Hunter 3-12x44 IR FFP A big thumbs up…

I’ve been using this scope for a couple of month on my Atomic XR and it has proven deadly and capable out to 51 yards on pests. And I plink with it regularly out to 64 yards. I have it mounted in a set of Warne Mountaintech rings, great thing is it retains zero when removed and remounted. Today I put the West Hunter on my Spikes Tactical AR15 .22 LR setup and with no adjustments. Was immediately busting clays at 105-110 yards using 1 mil of hold under, sending Remington HVHPs. Even took out two shotgun shells at 100 yards. Then I got home, put the West Hunter back on my Atomic XR, no change to my zero, first round hits from 25 to 40 yards in my backyard. The West Hunter and the Atomic XR are a sweet combo. I will be picking up another WHT for my AR setup.

Reactions: Senor Ramon
That's awesome Luis! Great lil compact and tough scope! Been eyeballing those for my Prod which has a beast Discovery scope on it now, want to trim some weight down, it's on my list of scopes to ponder for it.
It has proven to be a very effective scope for my pestling needs. The sweet form factor is a big plus, just the right size for smaller PCPs. So easy to “over scope” a small PCP.

clarity is good .. the 3-12 has kindof a smallish reticle, works fine but the 4-16 is the really nice one, still has a nice compact form factor ... the only other issue ive found with westhunters is the turret range is limited, they need to be kept closer to optical center for best function so shim if needed, other than that best bang for the buck around imo .. i got 6 of them now ..

Reactions: L.Leon
It has proven to be a very effective scope for my pestling needs. The sweet form factor is a big plus, just the right size for smaller PCPs. So easy to “over scope” a small PCP.
Ain’t this the truth. I’m running a 4-16 Midas tac on my dreamtac compact right now, and it feels like it doubled the weight of the gun. lol
i need a more compact, and lightweight scope for it. It’s my low power rig, so I won’t be using it past 50yds for the most part.

Reactions: L.Leon
Ain’t this the truth. I’m running a 4-16 Midas tac on my dreamtac compact right now, and it feels like it doubled the weight of the gun. lol
i need a more compact, and lightweight scope for it. It’s my low power rig, so I won’t be using it past 50yds for the most part.
It’s a great little scope for hunting or pesting out to 50 yards. I look through mine almost everyday. Consistent, consecutive hits, from 15 to 50 yards, on small pieces of sidewalk chalk (cut into four pieces). None of those pieces bigger than a chipmunks head. Like I said above mine has proven quite effective on pests.

Reactions: madeintheuk