• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

West Coast vs East Coast

Interesting....I think almost opposite. Wonder why that is.
At least in the hunting threads on lots of the forums.....it seems like most of the guys are east coast. 
I live in Orange Country (zillions of people here) and I don't know a single person outside of forums that own a PCP. 
Not counting JoeB and the guys at his shop (I do live only a few miles away and shop there). But other than that I have yet to meet a local that shoots pcp.
I have been looking for a hunting buddy around SoCal for awhile.

Maybe just different perspectives?

That's why forums like this are popular. I don't know many people in my area who are into air guns. I wish I had more people to shoot with but I really wish there were more outdoor places to shoot air rifles in my area.

Other than forums, the place I found where I am most likely to run into other airgun users in the range. When I joined my local range and asked if air guns were allowed, They told me about a bunch of other members who used air guns there. I met a few. One was into PCPs and he's now an acquaintance, the other went there to shoot air soft guns for some unknown and ungodly reason. I made a point of not making friends with the airsoft guy. 

I live in Central California and didn't see any other hunters using pcp airguns this squirrel season. After my hunting partners saw the accuracy and how a .25 cal takes small game down. They're buying pcp rifles for next season. Seeing is believe when you take down one squirrel and the ones near by didn't take off running. Cost was no longer an issue when the performance speaks for itself. I think a lot of power burn shooters still think pcp airguns are toys and just haven't gotten a chance to see them in action. 

I think some airgun owners hide! 

I've beeb eating breakfast with friends every Saturday morning at Martine's (a local Tex-Mex restaurant) for about 10 years. Until last spring, I didn't know that one of my breakfast partners was into airguns. And PCPs at that! He hunts with them only occasionally, preferring to use a crossbow. Imagine going squirrel hunting with a crossbow? 

PCP Airgun Ownership could be more closely tied to areas of persons with larger disposable income than other "regional" factors. You find large concentrations in areas where large 5 or 6 figure incomes exist while you will find they are practically nonexistent in areas where mean average income is under $40K a year!

Thurmond 

"Vudongthoai"I see a few guy are really like the way my gun shoot. I let them shoot mine whenever they call "pellet gun or BB gun". I think they would love to get in the hobby if this stuff cheaper. They almost felt off the chair when I told them price. 
Vu
You should explain that the high price pcp guns are the equivalent of high price precision firearms. In that context, they are far less expensive than powder burners. 

A mid to high-end pcp gun is $1,000 to $3,500. If you wanted to buy a precision bullpup firearm, you can easily pay $3,000-$10,000+. The FX Impact is like the air gun equivalent of a Desert Tech SRS A1 except the barrel / caliber kits are significantly less with the Impact. Plus, you aren't firing $5 bills in the air rifle. Even an original brand name AR 15 is $2,000. 

You can buy low end powder burner rifles for $300 but you can buy entry level PCP guns for the same or less. Precision is always going to cost more.

Also, you can use air rifles for many more days of the year than you can a powder burner (for most people). If they worked out how much they pay per day of use, even a cheap power burner would look very expensive by comparison. 

The real issue is their perception of the value of air guns. Before I got into PCP guns, an air gun was that $80 break-barrel from Walmart, or that $40 co2 bob pistol that broke after a week. Most firearms enthusiasts I have shown my air guns to have changed their minds and some bought their own air guns. I find it a lot of fun changing their minds (as someone did for me).

TN is the place. Great airgun hunting laws ( though for NO reason last year they outlawed airgun/hog?????).
I have shot 2 National FT events and one FT World event in TN. Met many dealers, manufactures , reps, president of Steyr, team ( everyone) Hawke scopes befoire they were sold, March scopes, airgun folks from SA, UK, Itally, all over the U.S. . Multiple shooting clubs, mostly FT but some 10m and NRA. 
Championschoice is in TN. Airgunwerks, Paul Watts, Rapid Air Weapons, Pilktons airguns , more.
Many times I have shot 3+ shoots per month and met 100's of airgun folks from all walks of life, all skill levels and ALL nice people.

Now just above the 49th, not so many airgun folks. I have met people very interested ( "I saw one the shoots bullao" , which is okay I'll convert em) and now have an air supply. Good Ole Northport may one day be another airgun hub. 

John

Hi Zebra, 
I'm learning from YouTube by Ted, but I started with a Gamo from Walmart. First one was $50 and jump up to $250...still not happy until get one of the FX or PCP. Ohh trust me, even with my broken English, I always trying to explain or help anyone to get in airgun hobby. I show them Ted video, AGN forum, anything they asked that I can help. I took me a long time to get most of the airgun accessories. To be honest, I'm lost with your power burner...hahha like I said, I'm still a newbie. I know how you feel to help anyone in to the hobby. I'm not gonna stop trying though. 
Vu

"spysir"TN is the place. Great airgun hunting laws ( though for NO reason last year they outlawed airgun/hog?????).
I have shot 2 National FT events and one FT World event in TN. Met many dealers, manufactures , reps, president of Steyr, team ( everyone) Hawke scopes befoire they were sold, March scopes, airgun folks from SA, UK, Itally, all over the U.S. . Multiple shooting clubs, mostly FT but some 10m and NRA. 
Championschoice is in TN. Airgunwerks, Paul Watts, Rapid Air Weapons, Pilktons airguns , more.
Many times I have shot 3+ shoots per month and met 100's of airgun folks from all walks of life, all skill levels and ALL nice people.

Now just above the 49th, not so many airgun folks. I have met people very interested ( "I saw one the shoots bullao" , which is okay I'll convert em) and now have an air supply. Good Ole Northport may one day be another airgun hub. 

John
It sounds like you're in PCP heaven down there. Any tuners with Scott's ( Motorhead ) skills in your neck of the woods ?

I feel bad for you guys that don't have a shooting buddy. I agree, here on the west coast...Airguning is a very quiet thing here. it's sad really. but we don't have the AG hunting seasons like back east have. also, our main target around here are starling, HOSP, rock/collard doves, and Ground Squirrel depending on where you live. It isn't legal to do anything other than paper punch or pest with a AG here in Washington State. Thats why there is so many pesting videos from the west coast. PBGuns, you have BWalton, Nappy, and a few others around you down there by you. Oxnard isn't to far from you is it?