N/A Were there any other rifles that had a falling block style bolt mechanism like the S&W 77a?

Just curious if there are any more examples of rifles with a falling block action in a spring or pump platform?

I know when Mac1 had his old website there was a custom 9mm rolling block PCP rifle listed for a few years that ALMOST dragged me into the world of air tanks numerous times. Though with the website now defunct, I may be safe from temptation LOL.

There where several PBs that did. Not sure about a airgun. Sure like my 77A

20230720_135430~2-1.jpg

Reactions: TheBrickyardKid
How does the 77a compare to shooting a blue streak or 312?
It shoots as good as my silver streak or blue streak. It has a very large hammer spring so you do hear it's noise. I don't normally pump it to 20 but you can. It will shoot at around 700 with twenty. I've heard of guys pumping it 30 times.

Pumps
Pumps……..Velocity
4…………….417
6…………….511
9…………….576
10……………593
11……………604
12……………621
13……………629
14……………632

It shoots as good as my silver streak or blue streak. It has a very large hammer spring so you do hear it's noise. I don't normally pump it to 20 but you can. It will shoot at around 700 with twenty. I've heard of guys pumping it 30 times.

Pumps
Pumps……..Velocity
4…………….417
6…………….511
9…………….576
10……………593
11……………604
12……………621
13……………629
14……………632
Seems I could get away with 5-6 pumps at the fps range I generally shoot in for plinking. There’s one on eBay but they’re asking upwards of 700 after shipping and taxes lol.

Reactions: Septicdeath
One thing about the 77A, it is a b#%& to disassemble and reassemble. That clamshell design has about a dozen springs, pins and mechanisms that all need to line up perfectly for it to pop back together. It's an order of magnitude harder than a Crosman 2100.

I got mine mostly apart and back together, but I didn't try and disassemble the air chamber while I was in there, (getting into it is also challenging), and it turns out that I'm going to need to do that next.

One thing about the 77A, it is a b#%& to disassemble and reassemble. That clamshell design has about a dozen springs, pins and mechanisms that all need to line up perfectly for it to pop back together. It's an order of magnitude harder than a Crosman 2100.

I got mine mostly apart and back together, but I didn't try and disassemble the air chamber while I was in there, (getting into it is also challenging), and it turns out that I'm going to need to do that next.
I took one apart back in 1977-78...when I was a young man...Would never attempt it today...NIGHTMARE!!!