• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Went to our local brick & mortar airgun retailer in Colville WA today (pics)

And wouldn't you? originally opened just before covid ( as a Cafe and airgun store) and I dont go to town much so ..... . A neighbor who I had let try the AF Escape with shogun and he still thought airsoft but "did that just put a hole in that frying pan?" so I took off the shogun he tried again said nice reduction and almost fled. Showed back up last week and said "I figure out airguns, no powder" and we talked and talked. He asked if I knew of Jennen's Backwoods in Colville. I had but thought they had closed. Had to go there today and drove by the sign said OPEN, so.
Ya buddy! Walked in and spoke with Scott. Told him I wasn't buying a thing just looking for a friend. At one point even the wife said "I have the bank card", haha. Darn airgunners.
Got to handle a few newer rigs I had never seen, the Hammer, MUCH nicer in person than any picture I have seen, well balanced. pretty nice actually if that's your thing. They may (?) have land they run hunts on so lot's of big bore & ammo and.... . Believe -if you are buying- they have an indoor range 20-30 yards? (didn't go in). Hadn't seen the Avenger either and we had spoken of trigger so he said "hey try this one" and we stepped outside just to dryfire it a couple of times. Set up as a nice single stage 5-6oz and extremely crisp. And again better balance than I had expected, not a bad rig at all in person. They had the sig look alike Co2 (ugh) not my thing, but, Scott was smart enough to put on in my hand. Hum. I passed it to the wife, hum, "feels right". Did not know you could drop the clip and bleed the pistol yet save the Co2 cart and thus the pistols seals! I informed the wife I will not be needing one of these for Christmas. (clears throat)
We've both be into pre-charged since the late 80's fired most every older airgun around and (thought) I didn't think too much of some of the newer offerings, but the Avenger and that Co2 sig have me rethinking things. And airgun friends let me tell you, either take money or DO NOT walk into one, esp. as well stocked a Jennen's.
Would this help you decide your next purchase? "Take it our front".
17.jpg
And just a bunch of pictures so thumbnails I believe one can click on for full size.
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg15.jpg16.jpg18.jpg19.jpg
20.jpg21.jpg
DFL, JSB, Buckrail, Javlin slug, BKL rings, RAW, AF, FX, Benjamin, compressor was on commission, they sell SCBA and fill tanks, on and on. And great prices. Darn. I will back there next week. Dont need anything but Scott said yes-tried it- the buckrail will hold up on your AF .25 and I only need hearing protection as the backyard goes for miles, then I could sell the Shogun and but a ........ "see honey".
Believe they are open Tuesday to Saturday (might be wrong), no web site but you could call 509-685-7284 if you are or might be in the area. I have nothing to do with the place but DO recommend it.

John

7.jpg

11.jpg

13.jpg

Last edited:
Very impressive, especially for such a small town. I was in Colville years ago, bringing up a load of drinking water to donate during forest fires. I hope the store can stay in business - combining with a cafe to share the bills is smart. They certainly have a lot of cash tied up in their inventory.

thecurtster , NO it's awful , 6 month's ago it was decided I needed to sell pretty much all but one (sort of part of estate planning) but got involved with a scammer and said to heck with it if need be the Wife can just call an old friend or two and offer them for the price of shipping-nothing to fancy-, delt with. Only purchased one since then (and I can stop anytime I like said the airgun freak). BUT being able to handle some of the newest stuff I thought I had NO interest in, awful I tell you. I now "need" at least three more. Very cool being able to buy ammo local though. And the Buckrail mod was hard to leave, liked the hollow FX unit a lot also and the Avenger want bad at all and ............ .

Willy . Colville (pop 4,600) is our closest Big City but your right big crime here is someone taking their life in their own hands and stealing a lawn trailer. And they DO get caught even if they came from 100 miles away. We have several neighbors who leave a key in a truck just in case someone has an emergency and they aren't home.
Also believe they do have a small indoor (25-30 yard?) range but didn't want to make him unlock it.

SteveV . Yes sir, bless her heart. It was HARD to stick with my " I am NOT buying anything today" SO many little things like the $25.00 buckrail mod, the .45 pure lead pellets, .177 NSA slugs and Tammy standing right there saying "you can do anything you want with my AA. I WILL be going back but ONLY with my allotted funds in pocket. Those Avengers really are nice. Tammy say's "Tell Steve HI! & We miss him".

TN_Yankee . Originally they only had the AF rigs but hey really have stepped up their game. Thinking one can book a hunt on private ( and prime) land in my mind doesn't hurt at all. And their customer service is excellent, and they can from personal experience answer any question a person might have, THAT is a great selling point. I only went in because my neighbor who just recently cant drive (medical) asked me if I thought it with the trip. I will be headed up to his place today and offer to drive him anytime and assure him it IS worth the trip. Not only selling airguns but the real knowledge of just everything in the place impressed me.

But, I must not go. Must not! And I wont! Unless the neighbor needs a lift, or, unless it is next week.

Did change having to go to the City to a very nice day.

John

Cool shop in a small town, more power to 'em. On the west side of the state, Adventure Sports in Lynnwood has (had?) a nice selection of higher end airguns. I bought a couple of nice FWB match guns ( FWB 65 & FWB 300) from them, years ago. I haven't been in the store for quite some, I have to admit. I assume they still are stocking airguns.

Certainly wish I had an airgun store local to me! I would give it as much business as I could. Even if I had to pay a little more than online prices just to be able to hold "things" in my hands before buying. Not to mention getting to know the people, etc.

If you are close/local to a B&M airgun store, consider yourself VERY lucky as most of US(A) don't have that luxury. (smile)

All my best!

Kerry

Certainly wish I had an airgun store local to me! I would give it as much business as I could. Even if I had to pay a little more than online prices just to be able to hold "things" in my hands before buying. Not to mention getting to know the people, etc.

If you are close/local to a B&M airgun store, consider yourself VERY lucky as most of US(A) don't have that luxury. (smile)

All my best!

Kerry
Yup, it's a problem. Prices were fine, pretty much online price minus shipping. NSA ammo same cost as ordering without postage added. Makes it TOO easy to try just 1 box of .177. Well and 1 box of .45 pellets. Same with just about everything, buckrail, donny, JSB, Air Arms, good deal on a Blue Laminate RAW HM1000x 30, good price on a Hammer .... .
At least now the wife knows where it it (Christmas is coming).

John