Went to Alkin Compressor today

My wife and I are in New York right now. She let me stop in at Alkin Compressors today. I knew Aydin would not be there, but Matt answered all my questions. They have a pretty large warehouse area and a good size shop area. I would have liked to meet Aydin, but Matt was up to the task. I am so glad I have the Alkin 31 Vertical. No doubt with Aydin and Matt I will be well taken care of if I ever have an issue.

With the Covid issues it took 1 month for my compressor to make it from New Jersey to CA. This was close to a year ago. Now they ship everything by FedEx, and today would take a week or less.

Yes the compressor is pricey, but with the cost some of us are paying for our guns, they are well worth it.

Reactions: Frank@Alkin
Locked in is correct Bigragu lol, but it makes the filling fast and really easy. Thanks again for telling me about Alkin compressors.

I just completed the yearly maintenance on mine, and that’s very easy to do. And very important too, my compressor has 47 hours on it and the oil was getting dirty. Not a single problem over that year of use though. 

As already mentioned they fill quickly, I’m topping off a great white carbon fiber bottle with it. I fill the bottle to 4500 and shoot down to 3700 or so if I remember correctly, and believe it or not it tops off the bottle in about 7 or 8 minutes! Don’t quote me on that time, but it tops off the bottle so quickly you need to be close.

And since it’s topping off the bottle so quickly, the compressor doesn’t ever get very hot. Mine doesn’t have auto shut off. The auto shut off lets you walk away and not be near the running compressor. But it’s safe even without the auto shut off, it would blow a burst disk though scaring you half to death and needing a repair.

I have to say that Aydin at Alkin is very helpful and patient with customers. He has answered every call or email quickly and right away you can tell that they have your back if your compressor needs anything. Great compressor backed up by good people for certain!