Well well! Look what the Big Brown Truck Just Dropped Off!

A new Benjamin Bulldog .357
I have been wanting one of these for a long time.
My first Big Bore.
I also got from Pitbull Airguns:
Depinger
Barrel Supports
High Performance Breech O Rings
For ammo to start off:
81gr Preadator Polymags
109gr Pro Slugs
.358 NSA 110gr HP Slugs
I ordered some 145gr bullets from GT Bullets, but those might take a while to get here.
Right now I'm running a 3-12x40mm Athlon Talos Mil Dot scope I will upgrade later.
I also plan to upgrade the cocking lever to a steel one from Pitbull.
I really like the look and feel of the Bulldog so far.
I'm going to install the depinger, barrel supports, and breech o rings and take it out to sight it in this weekend.

RpvOpKLl.jpg

eBG3Ifyl.jpg

Depinger and barrel supports are installed. Easy peezy.
The new breech o rings are another story. Stiffer than the factory one. They are a real bear!
I got the new one in, but I had to remove the barrel and wrestle with it. I ran out of cuss words before I was finally able to get it in.
After taking the Bulldog apart and putting it back together a few times I have to say it is very easy to work on. Except for installing that o ring.
The new one will seal better and last a lot longer than the factory one.

I have been looking at these for a "big bore" for when I get to Arizona for hunting. I saw the full blown pitbull, but not sure if I need all those bells and whistles ....Please keep posting I can't wait to see how it shoots and what you think about how loud it is.

Tony P.
Well, I'll tell you this, it's loud! So much so, I run the DonnyFL Emperor on on it.

20211010_173320.jpg

Someday I'll get a big bore... Curious, when you get up to big bore in an air gun what is the recommended lead alloy? I use heat treated wheelweight allow for my PB handguns and linotype alloy for rifles up to 2,000 fps. Can get up to 2,500 fps with a copper or aluminum gas check. I would think pure lead for better obturation at the lower airgun pressures.