• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Well...... That sucked

Seller told me the bolt was loose. And that it needed a specific part. 

Looled it over before i bought it without taking anything apart. 

Got it home and popped it out of the chassis. Pulled the hammer spring retainer. And its so jacked. 

Hammer is chipped. Bolt is bent like it was dropped. Deep grooving in the carrier. Deep grooving in the bolt lock ledge. Metal dust everywhere. 

Texted him. He offered my money back. Texted him again a couple hours later and essentially got told to kick rocks. 

Anyone got a brown flashpup laying around? 😆

Buying used guns is like buying used cars. If you know the driver you know the car. Else wise, it's used and who knows. Really keeps me away from used. I live where airgun shows don't exist. The opportunity to lay hands on used is RARE. Good luck.

OH-OH Like buying a USED CAR... You don't know if anythings amiss or if it's been marked by the cops... OR EVEN WORSE YET...YOU KNOW THE REST... 😉 Yo!

Wait a moment. The gun was in beautiful condition, have pics to show. This dude was at my house for over an hour looking at this gun and shooting it. I did pre warn him of one issue and which part i felt it needed and gave him the hatsan part number. The first time he text me i offered him his money back and he said " no sir. I inspected it and agreed to the deal. Im pretty versitile. Ill either fix it or live with it." Have the text to show. Then he text me 2 hrs later after stripping the gun completly wanting his money back. I was in bed already so i did not text back until the next day, which above, the buyer again misrepresents, says he was told to kick rocks the same night. No mention of metal shavings except in this thread. He didnt tell that to me. Bent bolt? Bs dude. Literaly beat to death? Really? Then, since it needed the part i dropped the price a bit to cover the part cost. Did you forget about that? 280 is what was paid. Not 300. Sellers beware.

Sounds like someone gambled on a purchase and lost. It happens. Sometimes we think something will be an easy repair and it turns out to be more then we thought. Seller is not to blame. When you buy a project with known issues it's all on the buyer. Cant change your mind after you have disassembled the thing and then want your money back. This isnt walmart.

Im not sure how 2 screw out of the stock to pop everything out of the chassis is stripping the gun down. Literally took it as far apart as the seller told me he did. Took one more screw out than he did.. Sorry. 

And yes. The bolt. Knock catch. Both bent. 

The hammer. Chipped. The bolt housing worn down to the point that there is metal dust in everything. 

So. No. Nobody stripped anything then came back demanding a refund. 

I inspected it. And the hour i spent at your house was shooting the poop with a fellow airgunner. 

But. It's fine. I got burned. Won't happen again. 

It did suck. It still does. Because i drove 3 hours for a gun that's sitting in my closet until i can get parts for it. 

As i have said in a text and verbally several times, i have never had the inner mechanics apart or whatevere you call them. I have made 1 adjustment on the gun when i owned it. I pulled the stock screws, lifted the back of the rifle out of the stock just enough to put the 4mm long alan wrench into the hammer spring hole, loosened the stop screw on the side of the hammer, turned the hammer all the way in, then back out 2 turns. Then i snugged the stop screw on the side of the back up, set the rifle back down in the stock and put the stock screws back in. By looking at the parts diagram, reading what you've looked at and the details of your desciption, you stripped the gun.

Im sorry it didnt end up meeting your expectations, it is a used gun after all. I did offer the money back and you said no. How many times am i supposed to offer your money back? You shot the rifle at my house, it shot, it wasnt broke, you were informed of the issue that i knew it had. You didnt go into this blind. I was up front with you 100%. 

So go on, write what you want about how i beat the gun to crap. I know better and thats what matters to me at the end of the day.