• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Well so much for brand new BSA mk2 .....

Follow up, I just filled to 3000 psi and it’s definitely leaking from the fill port area, I can hear it when I put my ear right on the pressure gauge. What’s the most likely culprit? I’m really split here between sending it back or trying to fix it myself. PA really shouldn’t be selling these if there are this many common issues.

Sounds like gauge or fill port o-ring.

Are the camos new-old stock too? If so, same problem I'm sure. 

When I spoke to PA - it was the day after rwsmike got approval to ship his back - , they thought only one guy had had a problem before me (I assume rwsmike). I think this is 6 on this thread including myself. Seems like they all leak form the fill port area. PA should be made aware, even if you fix it yourself.

Important question: who has told them? I know I have, and rwsmike, anyone else?

Got my molykote 111 yesterday, just waiting on the seals from the UK. 

I'll bet when these few hit the refurb section they will be the same price - $100ish below regular-.

All of these latest rifles just came into pa in July. Not sure where they sat before that but it's not like they are 7 years old/nib. Someone somewhere introduced a contaminant.

PA certainly does somewhat/how monitor the forums.

John

When I called today the lady i spoke with said doesnt matter where it leaked because pA will not be fixing any of them...not sure what that ment.

It sounds like that there is more than one or two of them. I think that they will just unload them back to the importer. I have a feeling that you will be getting a refund. I doubt that they will be replacing them with brand new walnut stocked versions.

Kingston - I used denatured alcohol to clean and degrease. It worked well and evaporates quickly without leaving residue. Just make sure that all parts are completely dry before reassembly because it would not mix well with hpa. I also read that Simple Green works well to remove the corrosion. The green crud on mine was not hard to remove. I would put money on your leak being at the fill port check valve. It is not a difficult repair nor is it hugely time consuming. You will want to watch the XTX Air videos. Two short videos for the fill valve: 1- remove the regulator block, 2- cleaning the fill valve. If you do decide to make the repair, I highly recommend doing the full strip, clean, lube and o-ring change to get the best results from these R10's. The results that I have gotten after doing this have been great.

Rswmike - The predicament that you found yourself in just plain sucks. It stands to reason that there is a limited supply of these reduced price R10s and who knows if more will be coming. If you have any inclination to fix yours yourself then try to get it back. The units returned to PA will most likely get sent to a BSA/Gamo repair facility. Then MAYBE Pyramyd would get the back. (wind up in the refurbished section?)

Kenc - You bring up s good point. I did not contact PA about the leak issue with my gun. Maybe I should have. I do wonder if PA gets a bunch of calls about issues with these rifles; will they even try to get more? Seems to me that they would not want the headache of dealing with the potential returns. That would be a shame because with a bit of time and effort these become a great gun especially for the price. Maybe more will come but after a tech at BSA gives them a once over. This could take awhile but would be great for the end user.

Reactions: davecole
Hooray, just got back after a long weekend in Canada and look what was in the mail....

1534720507_746269435b79f9fb927c39.33214146_IMG-1476.JPG

Been up since 3:30AM though, so it isn't happening today........but should be done in the next few days

I have my fill valve body apart, and I have the same green gunk.

Also my bottle o-ring was quite hard and split when I removed it. I think Rodeo had the same deal?

Two questions for Rodeo:

1) did you remove the plunger from the fill valve body? It looks like it should come out with the spring but I don't want to assume that without confirmation. There is green gunk on the fill valve internals so I would like to get it apart.

2) Did you remove the nut and set screw on the end of the bottle valve to clean inside there?

Thanks!