Well so much for brand new BSA mk2 .....

I think I might just put it back in the box. Call them and tell them it is on the way and let them fix it. You paid for a new, perfect condition gun. It should have come to you that way. 

Personally, I know I gripe about how long it takes to get a new gun from say AoA, but that is one thing they do before sending it out. They put it on the shelf and do a leak test. That is the very LEAST I expect from a brand new gun. It should hold air.

Crusher

The strange thing is the gun came filled to roughly about 2000 which I thought was strange because a few yrs ago I bought a gamo urban and bsa scorpion when both arrived the gamo had air and scorpion empty. Maybe someone can chime in here and tells us if there bsa mk2 came with air in it ?? I suspect a lot of these were sold during this sale.

The strange thing is the gun came filled to roughly about 2000 which I thought was strange because a few yrs ago I bought a gamo urban and bsa scorpion when both arrived the gamo had air and scorpion empty. Maybe someone can chime in here and tells us if there bsa mk2 came with air in it ?? I suspect a lot of these were sold during this sale.

I'm assuming this was the PA sale? The MK2 is going away, replaced by the SE. At these prices i'd imagine a BUNCH were sold. Not hard to fix but still a major PITA.

I was at the range the other day practicing and mine went from 3000 to zero in two shots. Bottle was loose. Totally different scenario I know but this might help shed some light on your problem.

Bottle guns are slightly different, therefore fewer points where air can leak.

Something to try....

First, check to make sure the bottle is not loose. Not sure? Loosen the bottle slightly then retighten. You don’t have to gorilla tighten the bottle. Just make sure it’s not loose. Snug is good.

Or.... 

Fill the gun/bottle. Unscrew the bottle. DO NOT REINSTALL. Let it set overnight. Screw the bottle back in,

(lubing the bottle o ring prior to re installing. This is important to do each and every time you remove the bottle)

Compare pressure reading to original pressure. 

Pressure is significantly lower? Problem obviously lies in the bottle. Return just the bottle to Gamo. 2 year warranty.

And....

The bottle pressure didn’t change? Leave the bottle in the gun overnight and recheck. Pressure loss? Problem lies in the valve stem. 

Let me know what you find. I love mine. Selling my two marauders to fund a second R10.?

Mike, I had the same issue when I bought my Scorpian. I got it on Amazon for a similar amount of money you spent and couldn’t pass up the deal. When I got it, the gun had no air in it and it felt loose, the air tube literally jiggled. I didn’t buy it from Pyramid Air like you did, so I decided to try and fix it myself. You should send it back to Pyramid Air and let them replace it in my opinion. My gun was in good shape but it was obviously not going to hold air. I did a quick search online for a schematic detail of the gun and was able to figure out how remove the air tube and regulator. This is where my guns air leak was and the o-rings were compromised. There is a local shop that I get o-rings from and was able to replace them easily enough. The gun holds air forever now and shoots like a dream. Really powerful, but a bit loud without a moderator. A Donny FL Sumo quiets it right down to a whisper. Best of luck with the R10, Pyramid Airs customer service is excellent, I’m sure they will make it right.