• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Well one answer ....

I was wondering why I haven't seen any squirrels or rabbits recently...This may be the answer, well one of them, there are two. I was only 15' away with a 250mm lens. edit: I'm pretty sure it's a Coopers Hawk. A few years back we saw a fledgling,

1689302073709.png

Last edited:
I'd be un-american to shoot one of these, such a beautiful bird. A couple of years ago, someone in my country shot an owl with a springer and then proceeded to finish it off, by bash it with a tree branch or maybe it was a post of some kind, because it was hunting his hens; The police got to him and I think he went to jail for that...

Reactions: N2 Shooter
My thoughts on punishment for people that kill birds of prey are a little more medieval than what is viewed as acceptable today.
Come on. Tell us how you really feel!
;)

We have all kinds of Birds of Prey around here up to and including Bald Eagles.
There's many nests with in a mile or so and We like to sit out back and watch them.

IMG_0047.jpegIMG_0052.jpeg

Young Redtail visited our deck and hung around for about 45 minutes. Flew from one side of the deck to the other and finally left. Between these guys
and the fox, they make an efficient cleanup crew for the squirrels shot off the bird feeder. It was only about 15 feet away, but the window between us kept it from seeing me because of the angle.

Cool picture! Love birds of prey. Such magnificent animals. We have a bald eagle that comes around usually in winter and I once got about 10yds from it. Was a cattle fence in between us which I'm assuming why it let me get so close. Amazing to get so close to those big birds.
Yah need to go to Alaska, the Anchorage garbage dump, they are as prevalent as sea gulls.

Reactions: Dairyboy
A year ago a hawk started hanging out on our street and the squirrels were noticably more scarce when squirrel season started. The doves were even more decimated. I haven't see one this year so I am hoping for better. I had several chances to shoot the hawk but I will not. I still prefer killing squirrels myself, however. I occasionally see an eagle flying around but I don't think it hangs around enough to make much difference. The hawk was often sitting in the trees in my yard and seemed to always be somewhere on the street. There was a bit of a fight or something between the hawk and an owl. They were flying kind of at each other.

Most of the things don't spin all of the time, thusly the part of the farce.
The day I started at the space ship company aka Virgin galactic 1 of the people who was starting at the same time previous job was supervisor for the maintenance of the wind mill farm north of Mohave. He said the transmissions were always breaking down along with numerous other problems kept them from running. I can't remember who he said as to the percentage of down time but it was a lot.

that is not what has been reported around my area - My abode is apx. 1500yards from one of the windmills. Course that comes from the electric co. so I guess I should take that with about a ton of salt Eh? High tension wires do not affect anything either, more smoke and mirrors as I was picking up low level RF signal of some sort in the vicinity which got stronger as I approached the lines. different area than i now live in. There were complaints lodged regarding cattle in the area becoming less than docile when in that vicinity, circa early 1980's

I'd be un-american to shoot one of these, such a beautiful bird. A couple of years ago, someone in my country shot an owl with a springer and then proceeded to finish it off, by bash it with a tree branch or maybe it was a post of some kind, because it was hunting his hens; The police got to him and I think he went to jail for that...
Well, technically I did shoot it....with my Canon.