• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Well I went to the doc today

After two weeks in pain I decided to see the doc today, I was told I broke my ribs. I thought that I bruised them bad but the pain wouldn't subside so decided to go in. I for one like to do things myself and I paid for it. I was getting a air tank ready for hydro. I was leaning over the bottle with my hand and arm on it and my other hand trying to twist the valve off. The valve was tight so I put my body weight into it, it let go resulting me throwing my chest into the tank. I was in so much pain I almost passed out. Just thought I'd give a little warning two people are sometimes better than one. I wasn't going to mention this but it might help someone from doing the same thing. Yes sh** happens and I did it

Never been much of a DOC person, so i have sown in myself a couple of times in the old days.
I have for sure also fractured this and that, and just hobbled along as best i could, my last injury i am sure was in 2006 when i was thrown off my quad bike and landed on my ass, pretty sure the tail bone broke, took a few weeks before i was lying on my back or sitting in a chair in front of my PC.

Fortunately i have a kick ass computer table that can elevate so i can stand at it, it did take quite a few years before i did not get pains when sitting too long in front of the computer, or at least if i was slouching in the chair.

Also have something that some times get pinched in my foot, feel worse than stepping on a nail and have it pass all the way thru your foot, something i have also done a few times as a kid,,,,,, even both feet at the same time in a maximum clown event.
Fortunately that un-pinch again in a minute
And then there is the reason or one of them i am retired, the back, where i have something falling out of alignment some times if i exsert myself too much, first time i had it i was sure i was about to die, GD that is painful.

GWS buddy.

Reactions: kayaker
my broken rid story,.this guy was beating this girl at the auto movies,I pulled him off her, and when he stood up it seemed he was a foot taller than me, anyway he started beating on me,I did what all smart guys would do ,I ran, right into the speaker pole. anyhow I ended up under a parked car and the big dude got arrested.I suppose many of you do not know what I am talking about, auto movies ,speaker poles and such,it was a place where many of us older guys first got some nooky,:p

my broken rid story,.this guy was beating this girl at the auto movies,I pulled him off her, and when he stood up it seemed he was a foot taller than me, anyway he started beating on me,I did what all smart guys would do ,I ran, right into the speaker pole. anyhow I ended up under a parked car and the big dude got arrested.I suppose many of you do not know what I am talking about, auto movies ,speaker poles and such,it was a place where many of us older guys first got some nooky,:p
aka the Drive In Movies… Lots of “backseat action”🤓

@kayaker I can relate. They may not heal for months. Coughing, sneezing, yawning, laughing, and taking deep breaths are all painful. Tender to the touch too. It may take months to heal. Take care of yourself and try not to get hooked on pain meds.
I think I found where every bump in the roads were today going to the doc, not only that but every footstep no matter how soft you step radiates the pain, guess it's time to work on some guns at the table lol

Last edited:
Yeah, ribs break pretty easily. Similarly the collar bone.

Breaking your ribs near the front is the best place to break them, though. So unless you got a crazy complicated fracture you should be fine. Breaking your ribs near your spinal cord is about as bad as it can get (without them popping out of your chest). Lots of nerves spaghetti-noodle around the ribs back there.

@kayaker I can relate. They may not heal for months. Coughing, sneezing, yawning, laughing, and taking deep breaths are all painful. Tender to the touch too. It may take months to heal. Take care of yourself and try not to get hooked on pain meds.

But you'll never be more conscious of your breathing. Great time to practice deep breathing (where the ribs don't move).

After two weeks in pain I decided to see the doc today, I was told I broke my ribs. I thought that I bruised them bad but the pain wouldn't subside so decided to go in. I for one like to do things myself and I paid for it. I was getting an air tank ready for hydro. I was leaning over the bottle with my hand and arm on it and my other hand trying to twist the valve off. The valve was tight so I put my body weight into it, it let go resulting me throwing my chest into the tank. I was in so much pain I almost passed out. Just thought I'd give a little warning two people are sometimes better than one. I wasn't going to mention this but it might help someone from doing the same thing. Yes sh** happens and I did it
Ice is your friend

Sorry to hear about your accident kayaker. Had some broken ribs when a driver fell asleep at the wheel and T boned my minivan. Couple broken ribs, slept sitting up for a few weeks. Dec 2019 had my entire sternum removed during open heart surgery for a dissected aorta. Coughing and sneezing was exciting. It will heal and normal life will return. Just let it heal.

Sorry to hear about your ribs. I slipped on ice a couple winters ago and broke 3 ribs. Not much can be done, just take it easy, do what you can to avoid getting any respiratory bug, and don't watch any comedies. Coughing, sneezing, laughing, and breathing deeply are going to really hurt for awhile. The pain subsided for me a bit after about a month. After 6 weeks I was feeling much better, and after two months I was good to go.