Well I sent a message

to the maker of the rifle I keep staring at telling him it means the best rifle in spring air I had ever experienced in my life.

I had lost my Great Dane yesterday at the hospital.

It was the time in my life I felt and did feel I HAD THE BEST DOG in the universe and couldn't have him anymore so he had to go back to god who made him.

The other thing is my wife is totally broken up too and his name was Marmaduke like the comic strip Marmaduke a Fawn Great Dane Puppy Boy doing things like eating up all the snow in the backyard--you know what I mean!

I loved him most and above most human beings in the short time he was here for 6.5 years.

He would come outside anytime I shot an air rifle and I have not been shooting one yet after he went.

I think I will step out onto the porch and honor him again with the usual shooting at 35 yards off hand. He'd watch me and he'd wander around the entire yard feeling he was home with me shooting any air rifle including the Hector Special in .20 Sidelever D54.

I looked at Hector's Diana Air King .20 he made for me and the tradition of marksmanship concentration meditation carries to make the rifle a bigger thing than what others or most do not desire in their lives today for the sake of cost.

But the cost in getting it right the first time beats all the draining repeats to replace anything.

I can't replace Marmaduke.

I can't replace anything made so specialized to the world and I will never try.

The springer or sidelever or break barrel where the air tank is IN FRONT in action during air and spring release is like SENDING A ROCKET TO THE MOON.

Everything has to be aligned and set right.

All other air rifles with PCP or stroked PCP or pumped air are NOT the solution to accuracy. PCPs require constant air pressure for consistent accuracy. Stroking a sheridan or benjamin or crossman to 12 or 8 pumps is just wearing out the joints of the thing before it has the time to wear in with internal pressure and pellet choice.

Get the springer air rifle from the beginning and buy all the rest alongside it and see for yourself if what I am saying about a quality springer is wrong in investment over the china pump syndrome.

Sorry about Marmaduke & your pain. I had my Dane for 7 years & it tore me up when he died. My best dog (& pal) EVER! (Pic is from 1978, STILL miss him) 

Gerry  Sam.1619302129.jpg

I have lost so many loved ones lately and been spending a lot of time at the side of hospital beds,holding hands and trying to make them smile,it hurts to see others hurting and facing the unknown,at these times I really don't give a fook what pellets shots the best in what gun ,I just what to make a lot of holes with any and all of them .....pain, sadness,loss.....loss is the worst feeling,I think most of us have felt loss and can relate to yours,in time and many pellets down range you will remember the good times and a smile will come across your face,until then grieve and do what you have to.....get a hug and give hugs...with your wife with your rifle....

Sorry about Marmaduke & your pain. I had my Dane for 7 years & it tore me up when he died. My best dog (& pal) EVER! (Pic is from 1978, STILL miss him) 

Gerry  Sam.1619302129.jpg

Jerry thanks for your picture and story it made me feel others understand what having a Great Dane is like.

They end up loving you.

You end up hopelessly in love.

But Marmaduke would always come out from the back reaches of the house when I picked up the D54 and started cocking the ratchets to the place where the safety comes out on top. He'd be up and at em with me as I reached for the 500 pellet can of HEAVY .20s in Hector's Rifle.

Bless you all here!

I used to be an army chaplain for 21 years all over the world.

I took care of people and soldiers mostly I guess that's almost all except for what my t shirt says:

"I like Great Danes and maybe three people."

I had gone to a physical therapy appt and showed it to my PT instructer Cassie and Cassie (yeah there are two Cassies in PT here in Maryville, IL).

So I said the "safe" thing to both Cassies who helped me through a lot of pain without narcotics and keeping me away from the OR table"

You and you Cassie are the "other" two people for now that I like and they both cracked up and graduated me from PT until I may come back.

So,

No longer the chaplain in the army but the chaplain in disguise to say all of you are blessed not only with my side but when anyone touches a human life with a pause or note like these I know there is a god.

Kindly,

John (MAJ) USA Disabled and Retired 56 Alpha MOS.