Well I managed to shoot myself last night.

Sorry to hear, and glad it wasn't worse. Most of our pcps are capable of triple or more of that power level. 

One thing that people got right in bringing me up. Gun safety.

Treat every gun as if it's loaded.

Always point the barrel in a safe direction.

Never point the gun at anything you do not mind destroying.

Finger off the trigger untill you are ready to shoot.

I treat every gun as if the safety is useless. I've seen too many where it was! I also don't like having a cocked gun sitting about or even a gun that isn't cocked with one in the tube! Too easy to forget there is something in it and "dry" fire it.

Sorry to hear, and glad it wasn't worse. Most of our pcps are capable of triple or more of that power level. 

One thing that people got right in bringing me up. Gun safety.

Treat every gun as if it's loaded.

Always point the barrel in a safe direction.

Never point the gun at anything you do not mind destroying.

Finger off the trigger untill you are ready to shoot.

I treat every gun as if the safety is useless. I've seen too many where it was! I also don't like having a cocked gun sitting about or even a gun that isn't cocked with one in the tube! Too easy to forget there is something in it and "dry" fire it.

Yup! I never trust the safety. I also never leave the gun with a round on the chamber, no matter if its an airgun or a firearm. With my airguns II always fire the gun before putting it away. That way it is both uncocked and no round in the barrel. With my semi-autos, I NEVER leave them with rounds in the magazine.

in any event, glad the OP is fine!

I did the same thing, an inch below my heart. Trip to the emergency room!
Screenshot_20220320-211412_Gallery.1647828956.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Smitty911
yep .. working on them or cleaning them is when it usually happens, we're all extremely experienced with handling guns, just not so much so when theyrr apart .. luckily ive never got myself, blasted one off in the house a couple times in the past though . sounds like a painful spot, just good thing it wasnt something more potent, coulda been alot worse right ..

Wait a minute. What? Man some of these responses are eerie man. 

I’d say the origins post, @dizzum’s, whomever shot themself in the finger with the Huben, and @bckyrdsniper52’s post are probably going to prompt me to use wooden dowels more frequently. Another reason why I love coming on this forum, we help each other to hold ourselves accountable. 

yep .. working on them or cleaning them is when it usually happens, we're all extremely experienced with handling guns, just not so much so when theyrr apart .. luckily ive never got myself, blasted one off in the house a couple times in the past though . sounds like a painful spot, just good thing it wasnt something more potent, coulda been alot worse right ..

I’d say the origins post, @dizzum’s, whomever shot themself in the finger with the Huben, and @bckyrdsniper52’s post are probably going to prompt me to use wooden dowels more frequently. Another reason why I love coming on this forum, we help each other to hold ourselves accountable.

Wooden dowels?

Wooden dowels?

Yes, they're great for replacing breech o-rings and pushing pellets back through the breech. They are affordable, easily replaceable, and can be found in an assortment of diameters. Can't see how one would damage their crown or barrel with a wooden dowel.

I have a feeling that this post will touch many memories. While I have been shot more than once in my lifetime what comes to mind is the time in 1958 when standing next to my hunting partner he slid the safety to off position while pointing his Crosman M-160 Co2 22cal rifle downward. His rifle was defective and it fired while my foot was under the muzzle. It hit the large toe joint and my foot is still ugly to look at.

A reminder to all that you can’t call one back.

I believe that most of us avid airgunners are more susceptible to a ND compared to powder burners if we're not careful. I treat them the same way in regards to safety. Think of when was the last time you shot your powder burner and compare it to when was the last time you shot any of your airguns. I just shot 3 pellets from my Evol 30 to confirm zero right before I typed this. The last time I shot one of my firearms was maybe 4 months ago.