• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Well, I did it......got the RTI Prophet Performance!!

RWC,

Hopefully it is the sensor. Mine is located in the intake so it's gonna be pricey but if it's the rod bearings then I'll end up buying another car. It's my commuter so luckily I have my truck to drive in the meantime so I consider myself lucky. Didn't want to buy a new car but maybe the AOA deal falling through will be my down payment haha!

WM,

Agreed. He didn't really offer me anything but said he had the .22LR if I wanted it but I'm set on the .25 as that's what I have already and don't want to have to have two sets of calibers. We'll see what the future holds!

Pretty sure all of the breeches are the same, and are not marked. At least the Priest 2 I have is not marked.

This is correct. They are not marked. In fact, I was the guy that got the AoA 25 cal Prophet. It was a swapped barrel gun. The serial number on the breech was the same as the sticker on the gun case. The sticker had 7.62 circled. I called AoA and spoke to Darrin (I think). He told me that they had one 25 cal barrel kit in stock and installed on my gun, That wasn't mentioned on any of the paperwork though I sort of thought that it might be the case.

I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. Just got it on Wednesday. I'm going to keep it. What the heck! What could go wrong?

Ace,

Don't you think it's weird that they do that? I mean, they should at least ask if it's okay with you first. I guess if you don't know you wouldn't know but still. Let us know what you think of the gun!!

Personally I don't get what's weird about it. The complete guns as well as the barrels all come from the same place. What if it were an FX and it came with a 300cc bottle. You want one with a 480cc bottle. Should the dealer wait for a new order to come in? Or would they just remove the 300 and put the 480 on? What's the difference? It's not like the barrel is welded in, indexed or adjusted at the factory. They are DESIGNED to be able to easily change caliber. What about Edgun? The original Leshiy came with a caliber designation. Then they realized how much more efficiently they could change a gun to a different caliber without waiting for another order. No more caliber designation on breech.

All of the other parts interchange. They all come from the same place.

It's not like you are buying a Pick up truck and having them install a 6 cylinder where an 8 cylinder was.

In the name of full disclosure, I think it's good for a dealer to be upfront about those types of changes. On the other hand, in a gun that is multi-caliber capable, I always buy the biggest caliber I think I will ever run the gun at, then move down if that's the plan. My Maverick started life as a .30, but has been run as a .25 since I got the caliber change kit, and my M3 started life as a .357, and will be used in .30, .25, and .22 most often. This way, any heavier hammer, springs, etc that would be necessary to run a larger caliber are already in place, and moving down is easier than moving up.

Don't have a Prophet, but I want one, and if I ever get one, I'll start with a .30 and work my way down...although from the reading and watching I've done, that gun seems to kick ass as a .22.

Hoping your car situation works out, and you're back in the market for a sweet gun soon.

mtndragon,

Agreed about the disclosure. I never thought of it that way, to get a .30 and then move down. Definately food for thought! I probably get word on my car today so fingers crossed it won't be too much$$$. I'm not feeling good about it though.

Darkskyy,

I know the Uragan is a set and forget type of gun which is a good thing. What caliber and what distances are you seeing from it. That one is still on my list along with the Maverick compact and the Kalibr tactical.

Ace,

Don't you think it's weird that they do that? I mean, they should at least ask if it's okay with you first. I guess if you don't know you wouldn't know but still. Let us know what you think of the gun!!

Personally I don't get what's weird about it. The complete guns as well as the barrels all come from the same place. What if it were an FX and it came with a 300cc bottle. You want one with a 480cc bottle. Should the dealer wait for a new order to come in? Or would they just remove the 300 and put the 480 on? What's the difference? It's not like the barrel is welded in, indexed or adjusted at the factory. They are DESIGNED to be able to easily change caliber. What about Edgun? The original Leshiy came with a caliber designation. Then they realized how much more efficiently they could change a gun to a different caliber without waiting for another order. No more caliber designation on breech.

All of the other parts interchange. They all come from the same place.

It's not like you are buying a Pick up truck and having them install a 6 cylinder where an 8 cylinder was.

I agree here. I think your overthinking it. It's a multicaliber gun that's designed for swapping barrels. They were trained to work on them by the factory also. I think they were trying to think of the customer by getting the gun they ordered out to them quicker than having to wait. But hey if you want to get worked up about it that's your call. I just don't see the reason.