• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Well, I did it......got the RTI Prophet Performance!!

Like the title says, after tearing my brain apart watching countless videos and chatting here and there on multiple posts trying to decide between this gun or that gun......I got the Prophet performance from AOA! It was weird cause I called earlier today and the sales person said they only had the compact(wanted the standard for higher shot count). Then I saw the website showed in stock. Called back and they DID have them. He actually said they just received 100 assorted guns and JSB pellets!!!!!! Guess it was my lucky day, got pellets and the rifle!!! They limit sales to 5 tins at a time so I did there buy 4 get 1 free with the King heavy's. It's cool at AOA no tax!!!!! He recommended them for straight out of the box shooting. So I'm going to dive in to the tuning aspect soon too. Thank you to all for chiming in on my posts and thread hi jacks!!!!!! Any advice on what to do when I receive it as far as cleaning? I have a patchworm to run through. What about things to look out for or maybe things to tighten? He said the gun runs hot from factory, should I tune down? Maybe I'll run as is to break in and see how it goes. Will this thing shoot slugs? I should have my tracking by Friday.....fingers crossed! Thanks for reading! -Gold

Congrats on the fine weaponry. 

Never thought PCP could be so addictive but I'm in the midst of the clutch. Lol

Have a stable shooting platform and experiment with several pellets and grains. YouTube usually has great reviews and pellet recommendations. Many of my guns start to produce strays when their dialed up but that may not apply with the prophet. 

So...just got a call from AOA saying that they were gonna put a .25 barrel on a .30 for me but the .25 got sold to somebody else!!!!!!!!!!! First off why are they selling me a .30 with a .25 barrel installed? If I'm buying a .25 it should be a .25 from the factory don't you think? Then he told me he won't see the .25 until September! Kinda pissed but my car just threw a knock sensor code and that could mean a new engine so I'm not totally bummed but still disappointed AOA would change barrels like that. I would obviously see the .30 stamped on the breech! What do you guys think of this practice?

So...just got a call from AOA saying that they were gonna put a .25 barrel on a .30 for me but the .25 got sold to somebody else!!!!!!!!!!! First off why are they selling me a .30 with a .25 barrel installed? If I'm buying a .25 it should be a .25 from the factory don't you think? Then he told me he won't see the .25 until September! Kinda pissed but my car just threw a knock sensor code and that could mean a new engine so I'm not totally bummed but still disappointed AOA would change barrels like that. I would obviously see the .30 stamped on the breech! What do you guys think of this practice?

I think they're trying to help you get the gun you want in the caliber you want. You can always say no thanks. 

Guys, the problem was they sold me a .25 but didn't actually have one. But when they called to tell me they didn't have the .25 he said he was going to put a .25 barrel on a .30 but the .25 barrel was sold. Why would you sell me a .25 and ship a .30 with a .25 barrel on it without asking me first. I did say no and they refunded my $ but that's a weird thing to do!

Pretty sure all of the breeches are the same, and are not marked. At least the Priest 2 I have is not marked.

Bigtin,

Hmmm...that makes it a little better. I guess I wouldn't have known that they switched barrels to make the sale. I don't know, still seems like a weird practice to say" yeah we have 'em in stock" and then go get a barrel kit to make the caliber ordered...... maybe it's just me but I want what I ordered from the factory not one that someone took apart and put back together. It's like ordering a corvette with the biggest engine and the dealer has a 6 cylinder and swaps in the bigger engine and says here it is! Maybe I'll just get the Uragan from Charlie LOL

Well good luck on what ever you end up getting. I have a Priest 2 and they do not have the caliber stamped on the breach.

Anyway, you shouldn't have to replace your engine because of a knock sensor code. You simply need to replace the knock sensor (many vehicles have a bank 1 and a bank 2 sensor). I had the same code. Unfortunately some engines have the sensors mounted on the exterior of the block and some have them located beneath the intake manifold. Pray that yours is located on the exterior of the block.