• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Well, I did it - bought me an FX Wildcat .25

Well, not only did my new Wildcat not arrive, receipt date is now 4//20/17.
UPS sent the package East instead of North to Nevada from AoA. Tracking this morning showed it was turned around at Shreveport,La and is now in Texas????
I guess Ups has some individuals working for them that need U.S. Geography lessons. Anyway, although disappointed, I have no choice but to wait.
You all go shoot up this weekend for me!
Regards,
Gary

"gman1951"Well, not only did my new Wildcat not arrive, receipt date is now 4//20/17.
UPS sent the package East instead of North to Nevada from AoA. Tracking this morning showed it was turned around at Shreveport,La and is now in Texas????
I guess Ups has some individuals working for them that need U.S. Geography lessons. Anyway, although disappointed, I have no choice but to wait.
You all go shoot up this weekend for me!
Regards,
Gary
The wait will be worth it. I have been enjoying my .25 Wildcat and you will like yours.

Do you have an 4500 psi air compressor and HPA tank as a way to air it up?

I have a 30 min 4500psi Scba tank, a 3500psi 80cu/ft scuba tank, and a new 75cu/ft 4500psi tank is on BO from AOA. Here in Nevada we don't get taxed for our air like they do on the other side of the hill. It's about $8 to fill a large tank.If you know a Fireman it's even cheaper. I've looked into compressors, and also HP nitrogen tanks(6000psi) all too expensive for now. When and if I get one it will be of the higher end variety. Would be nice to find a military surplus unit for around $400.

I started with the Hawke Sidewinder 3x14 scope and just switched over to my new ATN 3x14 X-sight II. The ATN is heavy, 2 lbs, a battery hog but it solves my night rat shooting and camera needs. The picatinney rail was $105 from AoA. There is also a Weaver dovetail to picatinney rail adapter available for budget folks for $8 on ebay but it raises the scope about 1/4". The blind pic is taking care of ground squirrels in a citrus orchard. Every once in awhile a gopher sticks half his melon up out of his hole for a tough shot. Only popped one of them so far, they dont come out of their holes hardly ever.

497077cb75953bf006315ed0db599ab8.jpg
24c647aa1836a7979b0fbcb863813b93.jpg
48c8ce549bbea6367b22f3e5582faf24.jpg

"spectr17"I started with the Hawke Sidewinder 3x14 scope and just switched over to my new ATN 3x14 X-sight II. The ATN is heavy, 2 lbs, a battery hog but it solves my night rat shooting and camera needs. The picatinney rails was $105 from AoA. There is also a Weaver dovetail to picatinney rail adapter available for budget folks for $8 on ebay but it raises the scope about 1/4". The blind pic is taking care of ground squirrels in a citrus orchard. Every once in awhile a gopher sticks half his melon up out of his hole for a tough shot. Only popped one of them so far, they dont come out of their holes hardly ever.

497077cb75953bf006315ed0db599ab8.jpg
24c647aa1836a7979b0fbcb863813b93.jpg
48c8ce549bbea6367b22f3e5582faf24.jpg
Nice orchard set-up.

I have a 4-16x40 CP with Mil-dot. I had it on a AR15 I sold. Get this...... I was just at Hatsan USA's new web site and I got a FREE Optima 4-12x40 scope for free. Only payed the shipping, $5. Maybe a new website promotion. Like my father in law said, "when it's free it's very delicious".
And, by the way, my Wildcat is OUT FOR DELIVERY! Hooooray!
Eight days to travel 750 miles! That's real Snail Mail!
Everyone have a great day! And thanks for your comradery.
Gary

"gman1951"I have a 4-16x40 CP with Mil-dot. I had it on a AR15 I sold. Get this...... I was just at Hatsan USA's new web site and I got a FREE Optima 4-12x40 scope for free. Only payed the shipping, $5. Maybe a new website promotion. Like my father in law said, "when it's free it's very delicious".
And, by the way, my Wildcat is OUT FOR DELIVERY! Hooooray!
Eight days to travel 750 miles! That's real Snail Mail!
Everyone have a great day! And thanks for your comradery.
Gary
Well, did you get it, Gary? If so, how do you like it?

Bobby

Bobby,
I did! I took it out, sighted it in, and ran a few rounds over the chronograph. Accuracy at 50 yards was under a dime. Average velocity is 895fps, SD 5. I think the altitude here (4500ft.) might affect the valve pressure which was set at almost sea level, I'd like to be shooting at about 910fps, which is what I have seen from others. Or, I may be having visions of grandeur, and it is what it is regardless of altitude.
It is surprisingly quiet out of the box with only the mod adapter and end cap. I ordered 2 center mod sections today and they will be here Tuesday.
Only problem that arose was that the probe leaked badly and was not able to fill with it. I had my AT-44 with also and the Hatsan probe worked with the FX with no problem.
Will be taking my 8 year old son out to shoot his Chipmunk tomorrow and will put my scope cam on the Wildcat and let him shoot it.
Overall am very pleased!
Regards,
Gary

"gman1951"Bobby,
I did! I took it out, sighted it in, and ran a few rounds over the chronograph. Accuracy at 50 yards was under a dime. Average velocity is 895fps, SD 5. I think the altitude here (4500ft.) might affect the valve pressure which was set at almost sea level, I'd like to be shooting at about 910fps, which is what I have seen from others. Or, I may be having visions of grandeur, and it is what it is regardless of altitude.
It is surprisingly quiet out of the box with only the mod adapter and end cap. I ordered 2 center mod sections today and they will be here Tuesday.
Only problem that arose was that the probe leaked badly and was not able to fill with it. I had my AT-44 with also and the Hatsan probe worked with the FX with no problem.
Will be taking my 8 year old son out to shoot his Chipmunk tomorrow and will put my scope cam on the Wildcat and let him shoot it.
Overall am very pleased!
Regards,
Gary
Sounds good, Gary.

Your gonna love it man. Mine was shooting 905fps out of the box. I dialed it back to 860fps using the HS adjustment. Easy peazy, and now I get 50 shots @ 42ftps. And extremely accurate​ with JSB 25 gr pellets.
I wanted to keep mine as light as possible, so I mounted a Leupold patrol 1.5-4x20 with green dot, mill dot retical. Scope weighs just 12oz.

have fun!!!
Scott

9fcb8444155eb00d8d7f8c1552889a5b.jpg

"scottblair"Your gonna love it man. Mine was shooting 905fps out of the box. I dialed it back to 860fps using the HS adjustment. Easy peazy, and now I get 50 shots @ 42ftps. And extremely accurate​ with JSB 25 gr pellets.
I wanted to keep mine as light as possible, so I mounted a Leupold patrol 1.5-4x20 with green dot, mill dot retical. Scope weighs just 12oz.

have fun!!!
Scott

9fcb8444155eb00d8d7f8c1552889a5b.jpg
Beautiful!!!