Well, I did it - bought me an FX Wildcat .25

I already have two PCP air rifles - Marauders, in .177 and .22, but I figured it was time to move up, Both my Mrods are Gen 1.

I bought the FX Wildcat .25 from AoA, the same place I bought the 2 Mrods. Watched many YouTube videos on both the .22 and the .25 Wildcats.

I was real close to dropping a dime on the FX Streamline or the FX Royale, but the Wildcat drew me like a magnet.

I already have a Shoebox High Pressure Compressor and a 66 cu.in. 4500 psi carbon tank that I bought from Joe Brancato back in 2012, and man it sure is nice not having to use a hand pump. I'll be using the carbon tank on the Wildcat, too.

I waffled between a .22 FX Wildcat and a .25 FX Wildcat. But, since I already have a .22 Mrod, I decided to add a .25 Wildcat to my stable.

For pellets, I've ordered some JSB Match Diablo Exact King 25.39 gr Domed pellets. I've read that they perform really well in the .25 Wildcat. If you can recommend any others, I'd appreciate it.

I'm looking forward to getting the Wildcat - It'll be my first bullpup rifle of any kind. AoA said to expect it in 3 days - or was it that it would ship in 3 days, can't remember, doesn't matter, because I retired and home all the time to sign for it

Bobby

"Kitplanenut"Great choice. The Wildcat is my go to gun. My 25 really likes the jsb 25.39 grain. Just hole on hole accurate. Tried shooting the 33 grain in standard and Mark II, but my groups open up slightly. I think it's pushing the heavies just a little slow, but smoking with the 25 grain.
Thanks for the reply. I'm looking forward to getting the Wildcat.

"Smaug"I wonder, did you consider the Bobcat? It's not as good-looking as the Wildcat, to me, but it has a couple advantages, like being power adjustable on the fly. I think they cost more though.

Or a Galahad? or Cricket or Mutant? Just curious how you finally decided on the Wildcat.
Actually, I did give a close look at the Bobcat. I passed on it and bought the Wildcat, because the Bobcat was heavier, and to me, not as good looking. And it was more expensive. The fact that the Bobcat gave me the ability to adjust power, didn't sway me away from the .25 Wildcat.

I never did consider a Galahad, Cricket or Mutant - I wanted that unique barrel (the Smooth Twist barrel) that FX makes.

"Nueces"The only thing wrong with a .25 Wildcat is that its so good you won't have much craving for another air gun for a loooooooong time.
And that is a good thing for me.

When I got my first Mrod, I was tickled silly, and now, I'm feeling to same way about this .25 Wildcat. And I've never had a large caliber air rifle like a .25.

I'm sure looking forward to it arriving.

Bobby

Well I did too. I'm a newbie and I've been lurking for a couple of months trying to decide on which way to go. I took the plunge and have ordered the Wildcat .25 Synthetic Stock from Tony @ Penchentta Pen and Knife.
So I should receive it next week :) I can't wait. I was looking to get the Impact but I needed to get a companion rifle for my son. So I'm going to be picking up a Kral Arms puncher Breaker .22 for him. It's seems like a good value PCP to work alongside the Wildcat.

Anyway, Now to find a good optic for short to medium range hunting. Maybe some night vision too. Any recommendations from anyone?

Cheers
Chris

"Mousefart"I'm a week behind you, and this will be my first PCP. Fingers crossed that we both have trouble free and rewarding times ahead :)
My FX Wildcat 25 arrived last Friday. I thought my Mrod was a great shooter, but this Wildcat is something else - hole in hole POI.

I chronied a few JSB Match Diablo Kings, 25.39 gr pellets and they were hitting an avg of 905 fps.

FastEddie - I also ordered some AirArms Diablo Field, 25.4 grains, but haven't shot any of them yet.

I'll make a video of me shooting it sometime in the future.

I'm happy,