• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

well...a pigeon and a starling and turkeys

Today we had off for Columbus Day and so I cruised around and through the rain travels I believe I have a potential new permission with some surrounding organic farmers.

On the way home I drove past my permission and thought what the heck and pulled in. I checked in with the farmer and his wife and went to work, it was raining, and of course, right when I got there it was full of pigeons and starlings. Second I am ready for action "crickets" or "rain drops". It wasn't raining hard, but I noticed my Uragan needed some air, and luck had it I had the portable GX compressor with me. Nerd stats: AFT Uragan Compact 177 cal JSB Heavy at 845 fps.

I pulled Ghost into the, now empty paddock, more to come, and pulled out the compressor. I set it on the cargo case I had and hooked it up to the battery, from 160 bar to 270 in about 5 to 6 minutes.

IMG_0519.jpeg

IMG_0510.jpeg

After fill I headed back out, and a starling made an appearance I was able to take one at about 30 yard. Any day you get a starling is a good day.

I started doing the rounds and cross towards the fields and then I see turkeys, and a lot of them, maybe 30. Not sure if NH has a fall turkey shoot, but I do have permission to get them on this property.
IMG_0499.jpeg

As I worked my way back I saw a pigeon on one of the barns and so I got a good rest and 35 yards later, and a pool of red blood, one pigeon less.

IMG_0512.jpeg

After I got the bird one of the brothers who owns the farm came up and we had previously spoke. We talked about hunting and well, they are just getting to sell of the last of their cattle, or close. They are raising beef now. He said 5 local farms sold out to live stock to larger farms in New York. I am not sure when, but some of the other cattle are heading to be with Bernie in Vermont. Signs of the times for small farms, however, I still get access and even if the cattle aren't there the birds will be for a while. I also am lucky enough to have access to the property for this fall and winter season (need to decide on a shotgun).

After the pigeon I got a sparrow on a walk around off hand using one of the JSB knockouts. I plinked for a bit, missed another starling and then packed up headed home with the sad news of the dairy fully shuttering its doors, but it is still an active farm.
IMG_0520.jpeg

@Im_Jarrett thanks it is a fun place, just wish it wasn't on its last dairy days.
@douger yes, I enjoy the Uragan and I like the shot count, and with the Tatsu the gun is nearly silent minus the spring twang.
@SoulSniper I am happy with the car, it is 4 (5 weeks it was the Subaru dealer getting fixed) months old and is actually pretty quick and decent off-road, but I want to get some rock sliders and actual body armor for underneath.

Reactions: SoulSniper