Welcome to AIRGUN NATION - please introduce yourself here!

Hi, I am Odie as my NM based friends call me. I'm living currently in southern Finland, where hunting with airgun is unfortunately banned. I got into PCP hobby some time ago and love it for its "flexibility", with same gun you can do all types of shooting with very low costs after the starting pains as gun, scope, silencer and scubatank etc. since center fire gun shooting is pretty f***in expensive here when the shot count comes to thousands per year. I'd like to hunt also...but...hhhmmm.....!!!!! I have Evanix max-ml bullpup in .25 cal. which I have been modifying for my likes and needs, those who know the gun can notice external changes, if I manage to ad pics of my PCP.

Hi Folks, this is Paul here and have been in love with airguns from my young days. Those days, all I had access were to Springer's and had never ever heard of a pcp.
Thanks to the world wide web where info started pouring in as time passed. Bought my first pcp 10 years back and have been tweaking and tuning them ever since. When I had purchased my pcp, didn't have the machines to perform the mods. Had to request machinists and wait for months to get what I wanted, my way. Not the sellers fault as he had to mass produce and would not give ear to those minute changes or the way I wanted things. So I came up with my little custom shop (pcptunes) where I could customize jobs to my needs and peers preferences. Goal has always been to perform the mods and manufacture accessories at a competitive price, without compromise on quality thereby promoting the hobby. Obviously have a family to take care so margins are in place but yeah as I said, competitive prices :) Have not reached my milestone yet as volumes are low and so the production cost stays higher. Someday !!! Great to be with all you folks who share the same interest of airgun shooting. I have had my hands on most of the pcp's in the market except some of the new ones. Hope to share as much info I can for the welfare of the forum members and to learn more as technology evolves. Have been a silent follower of Ted's videos as I have found them to be fun and very informative.

My name is Danny. About eight years ago, I purchased a spring gun in .177 and had it next day shipped to me. This was in response to my new deck furniture being destroyed by some nesting tree rats. That spring gun has sent quite a number of the pests to chew up God's deck furniture over the last few years. Recently, I took an interest in higher end air guns. One thing led to another. I stumbled onto Ted's videos on You Tube and then onto Matt Dubber's in SA. Finally onto The Squirrel Hunter's in the UK. Wow...watching those guys can certainly inspire a lad - such that yesterday evening I took delivery of my brand new Daystate Woverine B Hi Lite ordered from AoA. Something tells me I have just begun with another of my expensive passions. I am already hankering for a bull pup to do some drive by dispatching of the local of cottontails.

Best gun for the dollar. IMO.
have 2 of them and have shot 10k plus rounds in each.in fact today went dove shooting at dairy. 3 longest shots 130 ,128, and 158 yds.

I also have 30 Boss and had a bobcat .25 that i just sold to Noah(great Kid and very good shooter))just purchased today a Daystate wolverine B hl-ilte .177 All guns sport Hawke optics SR Pro reticles.

Hello folks, I am 69 years old live in South Bend, In. and have been trying to really get into PCP's for a couple of years. Bought a shoebox comp., couple of tanks, (large and small), Prod and Cricket .22 both. Cricket tuned by Ernest, Prod by Ronnie Easton. (currently) Looking for a 3rd but can't decide which one yet. Kind of looking at the FX Wildcat or FX Wolverine b. Would have bought the Air Arms S410 tdr but the U.S. Model gets the crappy moderator and not the Q-tec they get in Europe. Have to admit I do not post a lot but I do READ a lot.

Hi my name is Nick
in in England and am 45 . I started airgunning at 14 years of age and spend hours shooting tin cans out in the garden with my cheap Chineese air rife ( can't remember make etc)
when I started too get into girles and motorbikes the airgun was forgotten :(
fast forward too about 3 and a half years ago when I decided I needed a hobby and after listening to my Dad and his friend talk about there airguns they had as children with such fondness I remembered how much time I had spent with my own rifle all those years ago .
so I got some mags and did some research (wow! Things had changed in the airgun world ). I decided to take up airgunning again and after shouldering some rifles I settled on a Daystate mk4is .177. I have 3 farms to shoot on now and this hobby is taking over in a big way , I love it!
the mk4 is my main hunting rifle and I also have a HW 77 . I have just sold my Daystate Wolverine Forester to fund a FX Impact wich is due in the UK in early 2016 
thanks for letting me join and happy Halloween :)

Hello, Andy here from MN. Been lurking here for a few weeks now. Anyway, I am no stranger to Airguns. When I lived in the UK prior to 1993, I had my own Weihrauch HW77k and had a permission on a farm in Harefield northwest of London that backed onto Holland and Holland shooting ground. It was a blast having 300 acres to shoot on with the Airgun and shotgun. In 1994 I emigrated to the US to follow the IT tech boom, and was allowed off the leash so to speak with all the rimfire and center fire opportunities over here. I am still living in Eastern suburbs of St. Paul not far from the Wisconsin border. I shot competition Highpower match shooting for a few years, and made it to Sharpshooter rank before family commitments got in the way. I shoot, (gun and bow), hunt, fish, photograph, and love the out doors. As less and less time became available, due to work and family stuff, I shot less but still hunt when I can. I had a Beeman R9 that I started to use to keep my eye in and ended using it more and more with a pellet trap in the garage. I just converted it from .177 to .22 also. This last summer I was intrigued by PCP and CO-2 guns, and picked up a Crosman 2240 pistol. I have now configured it as a short 16" carbine quasi 2250 rat catcher with some hopped up parts from Alchemy Airwerks, and a few others. It now puts out an average 580 FPS and with a Deben moderator, is VERY stealthy in my yard when I need to remove tree rats and gophers. Two weeks ago, I acquired a BSA Scorpion SE in .25 which is a new Airgun calibre for me. Now the steady stream of packages continue to my door, 90 cu ft carbon tank, pellets, scopes.... Sigh!! I am hooked. I am already looking at adding a regulator to the scorpion, and maybe an FX Wildcat or Impact if the funds permit.... Not that I really need one, but they just are too cool for words! I am seeing the light that the PCP options available now, are really opening up opportunities for those wanting to shoot in more populated areas, and even in the basement offering year round capabilities. What can I say? I am succumbing to the addiction, and will likely need another gun safe if this keeps up. My wife will roll her eyes, and say I am taking up more of the basement!! At least she understands and realizes, I could be out in the bars, and up to no good!! Any rate, great forum, glad to be here.

Hi all,

I'm an airgun addict and it's been about 2 hours since my last shot ;)

Another airgun nut here from Victoria, Australia.

I've been enjoying the content of your fine forum for some time, so thought I'd join in and say G'day to you all.

I have an FX Royale 400 .22 cal and enjoy shooting pest birds, rabbits and the odd fox, don't mind putting holes in paper either.

All the best

eco

I think it's interesting that on the map there's less than 10 of us in Georgia and I get to introduce myself right after a fellow Georgian. We should have a Georgia meet-up sometime!

My name is Glen Giles and I got my first Daisy BB gun around '69 or '70. I enjoyed shooting and wanted to step up so I saved my paper route money and bought a Diana .177 break barrel around '73. It was stolen in the late 80's and I wasn't shooting that much anymore anyway.

In the recent past, say 10 -12 years, I've purchased a couple of cheap Chinese break barrel .177's and the trigger is so bad on the one I still have left it's no fun to shoot at all. So in poking around youtube I came across some British ratting videos which lead me to PCP's which lead me to some of Ted's videos and here I am. Unfortunately I don't know anyone that has a PCP that I could try out and none are for sale locally. I'm interested in a .25 like an FX Wildcat. If I could ask Ted one question it would be 'since you've gotten your Wildcat, does the Marauder get any action?' I'm also looking at the Armada but there's not a lot of info on it yet. I'm in no hurry so I'll read more than I post since I have no PCP activity to talk about.

Hello, my name is Dinh and I'm from New Hampshire.

I was a bit into air guns back in the late 90's and had a small arsenal of springers, with my main gun being an RWS model 48.

Then life happens and we come today. Well, a few weeks ago to be more precise. I rediscovered the 2 springers, I still owned, in the basement. Figured it'd be fun to take a few shots. I was right.....it was a lot fun!

Since then, I've been shooting pretty much every day, every time I found a little time to sneak it in. Starting doing more research on the internet and discovered PCPs. Wow, some of these guns are like works of art! I really wanted to try pcp. So, I figured I start small and went ahead and picked up a .22 Discovery with hand pump. A week later replaced the trigger and added a TKO. Love the weight difference between the Disc and the RWS!

So, in the coming days I'll be receiving, in the mail, an 80cf scuba tank and accessories to easily fill my Disc.........to stretch out my shooting time. I also have a rifle rest and chrono coming as well. Planning to acquire a .25 Wildcat really soon!

I guess its safe to say that I've been bitten by the air gunning bug lol

Hello folks 1kshooter here ...or Jonathan ...I am from Ontario Canada and I am an avid outdoorsman I am 41 single father of two awesome children one special needs and have just got back into air gun hunting after about 10 years off ...sold almost all of my stuff to pay bills that pulled up with son's medical issues ....anyways I am very glad to be back in the game and I am enjoying using my new Crosman NP Trail. 22 1100 XL I would love to one day get a PCP in .22 cal but it's a bit much right now for my single dad budget but I will get it one day lol.....I have an extensive background in long range shooting and compitition and shot F class for 4 years as well as competition in the military.
Very glad to be back in the game and also here on this site qith like minded folks thanks for having me
Jonathan

Hi people, name is Peter and I am from the Kawartha Lakes in Ontario, Canada. I was looking an alternative to using a 22 or 410 to get rid of unwanted varmint on the farm and found the land of airgun. Recently purchased an Air Arms s510 .25 cal and I am having a great time plinking targets and learning as I go. My biggest problem was 4500 psi air supply without driving all over the country side so I have a shoebox coming and that will solve that problem. Airgun Nation and the various youtubers out there certainly help with the learning curve, thanks all.

Peter

Hello everyone,

I've been posting on the forum some time but haven't gotten around to introducing myself until now. I've been into guns and hunting for 64 years (still have a photo taken by my parents of my first trophy, a gray squirrel, taken with a single-shot .22 when I was a mere 4 years old). I've been primarily a pistol shooter and have hunted with handguns successfully from the Carolinas to Alaska. Have published articles in American Airgunner, American Handgunner, Gun World, Colt Handgunning Digest and Sixgunner. But like most my first "real" gun was a BB gun, and I got more serious with airguns at age 12 when I purchased a Crosman 140 pump-up pneumatic which I used with great success on squirrels and rabbits. Have also been interested in archery (NAA Certified Instructor), scuba (NAUI certified), martial arts (nidan in karate plus spent over 3 years in various kwoons trying to learn the softer Chinese forms) and cycling (you might have already guessed that from my handle; I own 12 bikes and put more miles on my bikes each week than I put on my Jeep).

Have worked as a farm laborer (grew up on a tobacco farm in rural NC), construction worker, carpenter, teacher, and adjunct college professor (have a PhD in ed psych from Duke University); but spent most of my career as an Human Resources executive in a variety of for-profit and not-for-profit organizations in NC, NM, MT and CO. Have done consulting work in the areas of quality improvement, strategic planning, management development and stress management in companies and organizations across the US including Fortune 100 companies. Currently retired and enjoying the good life in Colorado.

Looking forward to sharing ideas and our passion for the sport with you all.

GBGUNNER here Nov/11/15. Began shooting in secret a BB daisy air pistol in dad's basement when 10 yrs. old. DAD was dead set against guns. WWII did it. Shoot as much as I can which sometimes isn't much. Got into long barreled revolvers shooting 50 ft to 100 yards. At 66 my eyes won't do it any more. Switched to a target barrel Ruger 10/22, 6X scope at 50 to 100 yds. I have a hunting rifle. No easy place to shoot them. Back to air guns due to a necessity to control tree rats, raccoons, pigeons, ect. Began with a Diana springer which would only take raccoons with an eye shot at close range. Needed more power. switched to Airforce Arms Tallon SS .25 with high power valve and modified hammer for 50 ft/lbs energy, a laser dot sight, plus a shoe box compressor and then added a FX Bobcat with 3-9X scope in .22 with 24" barrel & 470 cc air tank and an extra .25 barrel and probe. I have ordered a FX Impact. Playing the waiting game. I have a problem. A sighting system good for day and night from 10 feet to 100 feet for my pest problem. Using the Diana 36 springer in .22 with open sights a mounted flash I did well with Night time raccoons so tame they watched as I knocked them down with "eye shots". Now with the laser dot sight close shots 10 to 20 ft have become misses. Gun is sighted for 60 ft and max power for raccoons. I have missed some dead on shoots at 8 to 10/20 feet with a steady rest. Back to my range and check the sights at 60 ft and they are good. I feel I should invest in a scope. Perhaps 2 to 7X power with the best possibly parallax adjustment Raccoon at night with a light and tree rats and pigeons and starlings by day. My eyes find I need the scope for one shot kills. I have the patience to wait and pass on shots that are not sure. The raccoons try to get into the attic to nest and do other damage including small live stock including pets and show no fear of man. Living on less then an acre and having neighbors who either feed them or just leave pet food out creates a never ending trail of raccoon scat with the possibilities of raccoon round worm and rabies. Killed and eaten ducks, geese, chickens, rabbits, pet injuries to large dogs and again the danger of rabies. My goal is the FX Impact in .25 with the best suited sighting system possible. I enjoy distance shooting (100 yards plus ). I may need 2 scopes with the quick detach mounts. I feel it's best to set power levels at the highest level possible and still maintain accuracy and not make changes to that to get the best consistent accuracy. Now where best to post my question. I know I have hit my targets day or night with the old springer and a mounted flashlight but my vision seems need a scope and mounted light. A lot of raccoon work is close up and that is my biggest problem with the laser dot sight. My thought is a low power scope with a 50 mm lens and large diameter tube to gather light with a mounted light and max parallax adjustment. I was hoping for a 2 to 7X with these capabilities and only have one scope. Haven't seen any scope with parallax adjustment better then 10 yds ( 30") I don't think thats going to work. And there is always the money factor. Looking for ideas. GBGUNNER

Hi! I'm Neil and I'm from the Philippines. I grew up in a farm here and spent most of my no-school days since childhood either hunting (with an air rifle) or fishing. I'm the amateur Airgun addict who owned this YouTube Channel: 
https://www.youtube.com/user/oretxua/videos
and who posted this amateur video: 

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GtTew9tOtgA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

For the last 2 years I became skeptical about the hobby due to some personal reasons. It did take a bit sometime of soul searching on my end until recently that I realized I just love Airgunning and that this is my Passion so I cant turn my back from it. And so here I am, I'm glad to have found about this new site.

I will definitely enjoy reading discussions here.

- Neil :)

Hello all I'm max and used air guns since I was about 6-7 years old my first was a picway break barrel 177. then upwards onwards till PCP. I and my wife retired out of combined service active, res,, guard, both over 20 years I a CPT. she a SFC. I was a cop for about 33 yrs . PO'd a lot of state police as I was a constitutionalist and a peace officer. A lot of good state and fed guys but!!, I was Not a tax collector. So older and wiser I retired out of that and live in the woods. I really like the PCP rifles but I still shoot the springers. VA said i'm supposed to be dead but I am still here. I like to walk and shoot varmints. My heart doc say's it is good for me. I'm kinda a computer idject and don't type well or fast. I only know a few things well, In the Army I started out a pvt. got out a CPT. My MOS was inf., arty, jump school 101st airborne -173rd . recondo school ,RVN. 1 yr stint as a payclerk, A couple as a MP, and the 2 as a depot maint. small arms . then last 8 as a combat eng off. My hearing is about GOA so I have been using air rifles , great fun.
thank you all hope I don't bore you all