Welcome to AIRGUN NATION - please introduce yourself here!

Hello from Oregon,

I have recently picked up my first PCP Airfare Condor .22 in 24" flavor. I have been pleasantly surprised with how accurate it has been. My history is that I never really was around firearms/airguns until about 10 years ago. Since I have awoken a drive inside. My recent turn into airguns was driven by a want for more trigger time. I wanted something that I could dispose of a few pests in the backyard terrorizing my flock of chickens and also something that could accurately punch some paper. All my needs so far, have me needing/wanting to be a quiet as possible.

Oh yea forgot to mention that I have been shooting my crossman 1377 for the past 15 years and recently acquired a daisy power line 935.

Thanks 

Cally

Hello, all,

My name is Jerry Cupples - from Dallas, TX. I've been shooting airguns for about ten years. Started with a Mike Melick BAM, and have worked my way up to target rifles. For the past few years, I have been doing field target, and enjoy shooting my Marauder and TX200 in local events. The Texas shooters are a friendly bunch, and it has been good fun.

Besides the TX and the Marauder, I have a vintage Walther LGR 10 meter rifle, a CZ-634, and the newest addition was a 1968 Blue Streak.

I'm a member of the Dallas Field Target Club - look for me at one of the shoots.

Just a few weeks ago, I had an idea for a way to measure pellet head sizes. This became the PelletGage. I hope to hear from some of you target shooter types - the bench rest shooters in particular believe in this measurement. The "Ted's Holdover" video was on inspiration for bringing this to market. It's a simple way to get an accurate measurment (within 10 microns) of a pellet's head diameter. 

regards,

Jerry

I'm Reggie. Okay, Ted, you got me hooked on your videos. You make it look so easy but I am sure it is a lot more difficult than it looks. But I'm sure you have developed a lot of interest in the Edgun Matador. You've got to tell us how to get one. I've checked Amazon, Ebay and all the other air gun store sites and have no idea where to order an Edgun Matador R3M. Right now I have springs and CO2 - Benjamin, Crossman, Smith & Wesson (an airgun) and Beeman. Need to get my hands on a Matador PCP. 

Hi,my name is Brian.I live in middle TN.I bought a $100 springer from wally world just to keep rabbits out of my wife's garden a couple years back and thought it would fun to do a little target shooting to pass the time.After zeroing the little 4x scope that it came with i was impressed.However,I thought what can i do to make this thing better,and so it began! After tuning a couple springers, I seen a video where some guy named TED dropped a starling off a powerline @125yds.It was over,hooked for life.When i'm not shooting i'm reading anything i can find and thinking about my next rifle.Of course after realizing that they exist it was pcp all the way.Thank you all for the great info and, i look forward to any correspondence.

P.S A special thanks to you Ted, without your videos I would not have known the airgunning world existed much less fell in love with it.

Don here - I got into airguns about 6 years ago at the ripe old age of 51. As a kid I loved walking logging roads with a .22 or a 12 gage while hunting grouse, or just blowing stuff up:) Then life went on and I stopped shooting.... until a friend showed me his Gamo Whisper, and from there the addiction took off. Just love it! Currently I have a .22 Cricket and a 177 HW30s. I'm typically a forum stocker but have posted on GTA and Talon, and have been waiting for Ted to get this site rolling. Always have been a fan of Ted, just love his infectious enthusiasm. Like watching a kid in a candy store. Keep it up!

Cheers,

Don

Hi,i ame Ric i live in Belgium and i ame a competitor in the Dutch 100m airgun competion.
The last two seasons i schot the competion with a FX Boss,IOR 6-24x50 scope,Atlas bipod and JSB Kings.
Before the the Boss i used a Airwolf CDT.22.
My best results tree third places,one second place,and one time the smallest group of the day,36mm:10schots.
My smallest group up untill now in Competion 21mm/5schots.
I sold the Boss 14days ago,and are now waiting for my RAW.30 to deliverd(hate waiting).
I growed up shooting guns for as long as i can remenber,shot fire arms up until 7 years ago and now i only shoot airguns preferably@long distance 100m...
I also have a Edgun R3M .22 Short, fitted wit a Sightron STAC 2,5-17,5x56 IRMH.
I cant shoot just for fun ,i always want to see small groups,and always want to do beter than the last time...
My youtube channel is;
https://www.youtube.com/user/ERICAIRGUNNER its mainly about airguns,the 100m competion,and my other intrests,some knive sharpening, a little boxing and my parakiet,.

Sorry for my crappy Englisch,learned it @shool ,and that's 35 years ago.

Greatings Ric

Hello everyone, my name is Amos. I have spent a little time looking around this forum for a while so I went ahead and decided to join. I own a few air guns, including a Benjamin Discovery and Titan (my two hunting guns) along with a few Daisy's, Crosman's and a Gamo. I have been shooting air guns for a number of years, and mostly enjoy hunting with them. I look forward to many good discussions!

Hello from Belgium everyone, I'm actually the one who bought Ric's FX Boss (see two posts above). Read about this forum on a Belgian/Dutch one, Ric mentioned it there. He said 'Ted' which made me want to take a look... Well, who doesn't know his Youtube videos :) Anw, looks like a good source of info.

Apart from the Boss I have a some other airguns, more specifically a Benjamin Trail NP XL in .22, a .22 Benjamin Marauder pistol with collapsible stock (tuned for more power), an .22 Evanix AR-6 Hunting Master with adjustable cheekpiece, and a BSA R10 Mk.2 with shrouded barrel. More or less hunting oriented rifles, one might say, but it's not what I do with them; more into target shooting and plinking (there is no legal airgun hunting in Belgium, also our population density makes a lot of places unfit for shooting without a proper backstop).
Never go to (indoor) shooting ranges though, although it would definitely be interesting in the future, after my last two acquisitions (the Boss and the R10). Adjusting for wind, usually atshorter ranges than that 'famous' 100m, is something I'm more into at the moment.

For the time being, I'm also having looots of fun with a Shin Sung Career II 707 that I'm revising for a friend. Lever action goodness :)

Texas Hoosier. I am Jeff.. Was raised in southern Indiana near Louisville and moved down fourteen years ago. I do amateur astronomy and spend a lot of time doing outreach for kids in the Austin-San Antonio region. But weather is a constant problem. I just needed something new--something challenging to learn. I picked up a NP2 Trail 22 at Cabelas and spent a lot of time plinking and target shooting. Started watching Ted's videos and decided to try a PCP. Added a Disco and just got my Marauder .25 Pyramyd is real happy with me right now--but that is the last gun order for some time. The Disco was a bargain--you get a lot for your money. And the Marauder might be the best gun I'll ever need. I am learning step by step. Plan to take up some kind of hunting--even if it is for pests. But not Texas wild hogs. Let the firearms fellas handle them. Or someone with a Bulldog 357. Nutria might be more in line with my skills and equipment.

Hello fellow air gunners.

I'm Jeff from the beautiful San Juan Islands in Washington state, USA.

While I am relatively new to air gunning (about a year a half) I am completely hooked! I have been following Ted's air gun escapades and have learned a lot. Thanks Ted and thanks for this great new forum! I enjoy reading here. I started with a Browning Leverage under lever .22 Then moved up to a used 1st gen Marauder .22 that I got from Precision Air guns. Wow what a difference in power, range and accuracy! I have been modifying it for power and consistency. Its now regulated with a Hill valve etc. and putting out 39 fpe with Baracuda's. But I just can't get the accuracy I want. I enjoy the challenge of long range target shooting and of course accuracy is paramount for that. I have a range in my back yard with targets out to 125 yards so far and I want to go further but the Mrod is just not cutting it. I have a Shoebox compressor and a Tiger Shark 4500 psi tank from Joe Brancato. Now I'm ready to move up to a high end gun. I just placed an order from Straight Shooters for a RAW HM 1000x in .25 cal. with the carbon fiber bottle. So I wish to join the ranks here and continue my education and hopefully contribute what I can.

Hi all, Aaron from the west coast of Australia, been shooting airrifles now for about 4 years, have just recently relocated from Queensland to Western Australia so I have to apply for my firearms licence all over again, currently i own a HW97k & MK4is, love both guns can't wait to get them back in my hands, its also great to see some members whom I've watched on youtube and read there stories in magazines contributing their knowledge for us newbies on this forum, big thumbs up.
Cheers 
Aaron

My name is Brian and I live in Seattle. My fascination with projectiles started when I was 3 and I threw my first rock. Next was probably a stick I imagined was a spear. At around 8 I got my first slingshot and at 9 or 10 a bow and arrow set from Kmart. At 12 I got a Daisy BB gun. My friend had a really nice Crosman pump rifle. I don't remember which model but I was very jealous because I couldn't afford one that nice so I made due with what I had. As I grew into adulthood I became interested in firearms and over the last 10 years I have purchased and tinkered with all the good stuff out there. Since I have a growing family (wife and 4 kids) my ability to go out a shoot or hunt and been severely limited. A few months ago I noticed my brother had one of the nicer Gamo springers in his safe and I borrowed it so I could shoot in my back yard and maybe take the edge off the cravings to go to the range and plink. Well that was a mistake! I instantly got hooked and decided I needed to buy one. After some research I bought a Crosman P-rod and a hand pump. Then came all the common mods to the P-rod, a chronograph and lots of pellets. Next I decided hand pumping a PCP sucks so I bought a carbon fiber guppie tank, a compressor and a Shoebox Max. I also set up a 20 yard shooting range in my back yard with a nice bench to shoot from. I have a FX Wildcat .22 on order with AOA and I'm looking for a good deal on .25 M-rod to round out my collection for now. I have found that PCPs have more then satisfied my cravings to shoot and it allows me stay close to home. As my son grows older I hope he will enjoy my hobby too. Although he probably won't appreciate that fact that he gets to start shooting with the P-rod and can skip the Daisy BB gun.
Thanks for the great website Ted and Michael!

Hi, my name is Brian and I started in to the realm of PCP air-gunning a couple of years now. First started out fixing/collecting old Daisy BB guns. Then vintage pellet rifles and now I hooked on the PCPs. I’m just into it for the fun of plinking and target shooting. I really enjoy browsing the sections and reading everyone else’s stories and experiences.

Hi folks,
I was going to buy a silencer for my .22lr, then stumbled across The squirrel channel and Ted's holdover on youtube. Wow! This is fun stuff. I've hunted all my life and now thoroughly enjoy pellet rifles. I wasn't impressed with springers, but these PCP's are amazing. I've started with a synrod .22. The gun is so quiet and dead on. I'll try and post a picture of my first outing. I just sold my home and I'm building a new one so all of my scopes are boxed up. I put an old steel tube weaver that was accessible on my marauder and it helped me collect a few squirrels. I'm already drooling over an FX bobcat .25. This may prove addictive and expensive !

Im Tommy, I am a Christian ,70 liveing in north east Ms. I probably had my first bb gun around 8-9 and a weak rws 177 at about 10-12. 2 more rws's in the next 40 years. I was introduced to pcp's with a 22 marauder about a year ago, its gone and now im an FXer.
retired welder, very few around here enjoy airguns as much as i do but one of them is comeing over to shoot tomorrow, i live in the boonies .

Hi my name is Mike I live in Southern Washington and have been shooting off and on for almost 50 years. I like to target shoot and used to spend almost all my free time shooting Metallic Silhouettes IHMSA competition in rim fire and big bore. I don't shoot the silhouettes any more but I still have all the guns. I live on a 6.5 acre piece of land outside town and have started plinking with my 2 grandsons I don't have any real serious air guns just toy grade stuff. I am looking into a new air gun and I am trying to research. The only real air gun I have had was an RWS model 48 years ago. The technology has really changed and I am trying to sort it all out. I have been looking for a lower end PCP type gun but I am not sure I understand some of the new types like inert gas, nitro piston compared to piston spring like my old RWS. I plan to spend around $500 if that is possible.

I plan to target shoot and shoot some varmints I am thinking probably a .22 cal. If you can point me to the right place to gather some info and knowledge I would appreciate it.

Thanks Mike