Welcome to AIRGUN NATION - please introduce yourself here!

Guess I never fully introduced myself yet, so here goes nothin'...

Have been a long time airgunner from Alberta/Canada, but took a hiatus after selling off everything airgun related about 12 years ago during some harder times.I went down the firearms rabbit hole when I did get back on my feet financially and left airgunning in the rear view.
I was around for the old yellow forum and the old brown forum on Straight Shooters back in 2002-2009, went through quite a few airguns during that time:

CZ Slavia 631
HW30S .22cal
HW50S .177cal
HW95 .177cal
HW90 & RX-2 both in .22cal
FX Cyclone .22cal
AA S410C .22cal
RWS Rapier .22cal
And many other cheapy Crosman/Daisy's ect

Recently this spring I had a couple Magpies nest in the pines in my back 40 and decided to get a cheap Crosman Optimus to take care of the problem.
I quickly caught the bug again and remembered just how much fun this sport really is and found myself a Diana 280 in .177cal to satisfy my need for another quality German springer.

I must say the game sure has changed since I've been gone, I didn't expect PCP's to become as popular and dominant in the market as they've become.
It is sad to see alot of the good stuff on the springer/gasram side go the way of the dodo though, but I'm glad I've found this forum to catch up to on a sport I didn't realize I needed in my life again😁

Now if I can only find an HW97 in stock up here, I've never had an underlever....

Reactions: CHPreps
Hi Folks,
Name is Mike Clark.
I've got my first BB gun , when I was 12, 58 years ago. Not to long after I got my first really pellet gun, a Sheridan Blue Streak, 20 cal. Hunted everything I could with it. Even shot my grandmother's pet squirrel, unknowing it was her pet. She was really good about when she saw how proud I was of my kill. We skinned it and she cooked it up for me, delicious! Didn't know about it being her pet till just before she passed, but she was very proud of me till the end.
Got into sprngers after read some of Robert Hamilton's posts that he did about farm pest hunting. Looked him and he became my mentor for springers. Robert taught me the inside and out of the Beeman guns, the good ones. Had a ball hunting with him. Always had to have a shooting contest for hamburgers. He had to pay many burgers due to everyday practicing with my Hw80 in .22 and my Hw97k in .20.
Then joined the "Darkside" as pcp's they were called then.
I still get my springers out and mess with them, just to say hi to old friends but today my go to guns are the .25 600mm barreled Crown mk2 and my highly modified Hw100 in .22. Ground squirrel killing tools. Extremely happy with them.
I have had alot of help from AGN over the years and really appreciate how the members will help when needed.
Thanks Folks,
Good shooting

I didn't see this thread when I registered here recently. I'm from Alabama; started shooting airguns with a Daisy 105 as a little twerp. Got a Daisy 880 later on and shot that until I wore it out. Reading the gun magazines at the time, back in the late 1970's to early 1980's, I saw the ads for Air Rifle Headquarters and sent for a catalog. Just as I had enough money saved up to buy a rifle, Robert Law closed the business. Ordered a Beeman catalog and drooled over Robert Beeman's cool ad copy for a while then ended ordering a Webley Vulcan, starting me on a path of airgunning that continues today. :)

I recently got a .22 Weihrauch HW100S, have had an .22 Evanix AR6 Renegade since 2009 and also have a .177 Beeman R1. I'm the second owner on the R1; it was like new when I bought it, in the box with all accessories and papers. Came from F&S of Michigan (I think that was where F&S was located). Bushnell Trophy scope, Professional Scope Stop, Sportsmatch Mounts, Rear Sight Cover Plate and Beeman Muzzle Brake. The PCPs ruined me for springer shooting though! o_O

Wow, I didn't see this either. I started out back decades ago, with a Crosman 760. Then in high school, hunted with a .22 Ruger and some no name 20 gauge, grouse, rabbits and squirrels. Did a little pistol shooting over the years, but tinnitus put an end to all that. Just discovered pellet guns and am negotiating myself around that and my hearing issues. Got a springer and that turned out to be a big nope. Happily shooting my HW75 pistol though.

Reactions: MEC17670
I don't believe I ever really introduced myself. I'm a semi-retired professional structural engineer living in NW PA. I'm married with 3 grown kids and 4 grand-daughters. My first air gun was a Daisy Cub which I got when I was about 9 or 10. My best friend had the same gun and we spent many hours shooting various pests on the farm. A few years later my dad bought a used Hy-Score Model 801 0.22 cal which I still own. He got it from a man in town who lived next door to a church which had a large population of pigeons which were messing on his car and he bought the gun to get rid if the pigeons. Of course that didn't go over well with the parishioners so he sold the gun:D! That gun really sparked my interest in air guns. I was fascinated by the fact that I was basically shooting for free by just using air power! My dad had a 1956 Shooters Bible that had an ad for Sheridan air rifles and I spent hours drooling over them but at $23.95 they were WAYYY beyond my means. Sixty years later I now have 6 Blue Streaks and 1 Silver Streak and they are every bit as great as I dreamed they would be!! At last count I now have over 40 air guns including multi-pumps, single pump pneumatics, spring pistons, gas rams, PCPs and CO2s. Unfortunately, I don't know of anyone else in the area who is into air gunning. Everyone just associates them with kids BB guns. In fact one of my friends son refers to me as the BB gun guy:LOL:!

I didn't see this thread when I registered here recently. I'm from Alabama; started shooting airguns with a Daisy 105 as a little twerp. Got a Daisy 880 later on and shot that until I wore it out. Reading the gun magazines at the time, back in the late 1970's to early 1980's, I saw the ads for Air Rifle Headquarters and sent for a catalog. Just as I had enough money saved up to buy a rifle, Robert Law closed the business. Ordered a Beeman catalog and drooled over Robert Beeman's cool ad copy for a while then ended ordering a Webley Vulcan, starting me on a path of airgunning that continues today. :)

I recently got a .22 Weihrauch HW100S, have had an .22 Evanix AR6 Renegade since 2009 and also have a .177 Beeman R1. I'm the second owner on the R1; it was like new when I bought it, in the box with all accessories and papers. Came from F&S of Michigan (I think that was where F&S was located). Bushnell Trophy scope, Professional Scope Stop, Sportsmatch Mounts, Rear Sight Cover Plate and Beeman Muzzle Brake. The PCPs ruined me for springer shooting though! o_O
That R1 is a great gun. It was designed for .22 cal. though. Swept volume of the compression tube is perfect for .22 cal.
It's a hard gun to learn depending on the tune but can really sharpen up your shooting skills that transfer over to pcp's make you even a better shot.

0917011431a_zps6riluraf.jpg

Hello Michael and Ted or Ted and Michael. Lol. I'm a bad Addict (with airguns) who started in the early 80's.
My addiction has steadily gotten worse over the years and I'm guns that are still in boxes so I'm hoping you people (the forum) can help. I'm feeling a lot better now, knowing I have people out there like myself. We'll happy shooting and talk soon, thanks guy's. Mick.

Didn’t see this page when I signed up. Name is Daniel. My brother got me into airgunning a couple years ago. Have a couple PCP rifles and a pistol. Mostly punch paper. Love being able to shoot all day for a few bucks. I’m hooked.
Welcome aboard!
Airgunning is a rabbit hole, a good rabbit hole, but still. I sit down at my bench, 4 hours later, I climb out and have to face chores. Shooters beware! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: MustardBiskit
Missed this thread myself. I got heavy into AG's around 2013. Had them as a kid but that was a couple years back.
;)
Started this adventure with a Hatsan 125 Sniper with the Crosman Gas Ram conversion.
Once I shot an AT-44 .25 and hit a fly at 43 yards? It was all over! Like leading an addict to a Meth Lab!
I have had some really great Guns in this time period. Some rare and some SWMBO made me sell!
Shooting a Squirrel in the attic with a 100 round fully automatic belt fed .22 through the ceiling don't go over well!
:ROFLMAO:
And PLEASE don't tell her about nicking the back door with a .30 cal! She hasn't spotted that yet!

Jerrod from central Illinois. Got hooked while shooting the Crossman and Daisy multi pump pneumatics as a kid in the early/mid 80's. Had a few, sold a few. Some I regret. Held on to a Benji 392 Mac 1 Steroid and a British Webley and Scott Tomahawk. Have added a beautifully tuned AA TX200, Weihrauch HW30, and 35e. Have a Remington NPSS that should hit the chopping block to clear room on my rack for a HW97, HW98, or an AA Pro Sport(still miss my Pro Elite). As you've guessed I'm old school!

Hey guys my names Rye and im from CT usa. Been shooting airguns all my life. Self taught and turned a few friends on to air guns throughout life. I also got into real firearms when I was 18 and 21 but they never truly had a place in my heart like air guns. I love the ability to shoot them almost anywhere and very quietly. I'm in my 30s now and still very much loving my air guns because I'm able to shoot in my backyard now :) I was handed down a diana p5 magnum as my first break barrel gun ever and it has served me so well that I made it my screen name here! Its truly one of the best .177 pistols I've ever had in my life! I also have a 100th aniversary webley tempest. Although it needs a repair and I have not been able to find help with that. I recently bought a gen2 gamo fusion and man the semi auto break barrel function is a true leap in technology! For anyone who has.not experienced one.i say you must try it! I've been looking for a break barrel repeating pistol now for quite some time (hyscore 802) so if anyone is looking to part with one im your guy! But besides that I am mostly just a pinker who loves marksmanship and also appreciates the craftsmanship of anything metal but especially guns.

I am an automechsnic by trade who has been running my own shop since I was 20. Although in the last few years I have gone though a career change due to health reasons and am now in wealth management. I know how boring right lol. I also did some hobbies machine work but never really was able to learn enough. This is my first time on a air gun forum and I hope to make some friends and learn more about repairs and older guns! For some reason the old pellet guns just speak to me! Maybe I was an air gunner in a past life ha! Thanks for having me! -Rye

Hey y'all, I'm A.J. from the NC Piedmont. Recently got into airgunning about 6 months ago and built up a small collection. Grew up with Daisy lever springers, but have finally gotten into break barrels. Set up a pellet trap in my basement recently and I'm having a ball. Favorite airgun I've got right now is a Crossman valiant .22, but I've also got two Benjamin Trails, a Ruger (can't remember the model), and a Remington 777, which I still need to get a scope on.
In other parts of my life I tinker with blacksmithing and muzzleloading PBs, and i intend to combine those loves with my new found interests in airguns. Eventually, I want to build some sort of air muzzleloader, in the style of 18th century ones.
Glad to have found a good community of good and helpful folks here!

Last edited:
Reactions: MEC17670
Hello Airgun Nation,
My name is Mark. I'm from Western North Carolina USA. I joined this forum because I have a re-born interest in air guns. I own several "fire"arms both rifles and hand guns, but only one other air gun which I've had for over 40 years. It's an old Sheridan Blue Streak. I love the old pump up, but it suffers from barrel saparation, which I do hope to have repaired. I am a member/moderator of another forum where I've gotten to know several members well. We have an air gun category on there, so I asked for recommendations on a new air rifle. I am now the owner of a Weihrauch HW95 Luxus. What a beautiful rifle. I've only had it for about two weeks now and I felt I needed to join an appropriate forum as the springer is a whole new world to me. Not sure how much I can contribute at this point, but, I sure hope to learn a lot.
Thanks to administrators for accepting my membership.