Welcome to AIRGUN NATION - please introduce yourself here!

Hi all,

My name is Larry and I live in a remote part of Idaho, north of Boise about 100 miles.

I’m a retired LEO, live in the outdoors for most of the dry part of the year, and there is an abundance of ground squirrels and Coyotes to chase.PCP’s sound like another hobby I need to keep me active and they don’t aggravate the populace like the center fore guns do.

I'm Ted. I stumbled into 'notoriety' nearly five years ago after posting a few videos of me doing my thing with my Edgun Matador .22. But, the Youtube username I chose (EdgunUSA), created a problem. Viewers thought I was a importer/retailer for the Edgun brand, and emails were pouring in from prospective buyers. So, I renamed my channel "Ted's HoldOver." I found the name fitting, since I am almost always shooting at distances past my 2nd zero. And besides, people were already calling me "HoldOver Ted" - I just made the change "official" :) Since then, my wife and I have successfully created two, new humans. Those two munchkins are one of the reasons that my video production has slowed. Another reason is the creation of this forum (it took 6 months to plan, build, launch (HoldOverForum.com), tear it down, co-create an improved forum (AirgunNation.com), and relaunch). But, the AirgunNation is now completed....and it is awesome! And, we are lucky that an incredibly competent and honest person has agreed to be our administrator. The forum is in good hands, and I now have more time for videos and chit-chat. I look forward to our talks, and helping where I can. ted

We are very lucky to have you ! Your shared knowledge is appreciated. Thank you

Hello there! (Star Wars anyone?)

I'm from the Netherlands and have been shooting airguns since i was seven. While our laws around powderburners, replica's and airsoft are pretty strict, our laws around airguns are pretty relaxed. In the Netherlands you can own as many airguns as you like in any caliber and with unlimited power as long as you are 18 or older and the airgun isn't a replica of a firearm. You can shoot on private property as long as you don't bother anyone (i.e. keep the pellets from going into the neighbours property). There are also indoor and outdoor gunranges and clubs. It's not allowed to do pest control with an airgun although you can apply for a special exemption for mice, rats and feral pigeons but that's strictly regulated. In rural areas the police will generally be a bit more tolerant though.

Currently i'm trying to save up for a Leshiy 2.

Anyways, cheers from the Netherlands! 

Hello there! (Star Wars anyone?)

I'm from the Netherlands and have been shooting airguns since i was seven. While our laws around powderburners, replica's and airsoft are pretty strict, our laws around airguns are pretty relaxed. In the Netherlands you can own as many airguns as you like in any caliber and with unlimited power as long as you are 18 or older and the airgun isn't a replica of a firearm. You can shoot on private property as long as you don't bother anyone (i.e. keep the pellets from going into the neighbours property). There are also indoor and outdoor gunranges and clubs. It's not allowed to do pest control with an airgun although you can apply for a special exemption for mice, rats and feral pigeons but that's strictly regulated. In rural areas the police will generally be a bit more tolerant though.

Currently i'm trying to save up for a Leshiy 2.

Anyways, cheers from the Netherlands!

Welcome to AGN! This forum is a great place to ask questions in general about our hobby. 

Sounds like your rules are closer to our way of thinking here in the USA. Thank God for the Second Admendment!

PrundedaleMike

Greetings from NE Indiana. I'm new to the sport of PCP. I read AGN on a daily basis for MONTH'S prior to making my 1st PCP gun purchase. I jumped in with both feet first... Thanks to Brian (EDGUN West). My 1st PCP is a EDGUN Leshiy 2.0 .22 REPR. Accurate, Reliable, Fun and the vermin like me even less. I'm a lifelong shooter, retired firearms instructor, retired range officer and armorer. I made the decision to go PCP for numerous reasons. A single trip to my indoor range of choice in my area cost upwards of 300 bucks in ammo and range fees based on current cost. Since I'm no longer provided M882, M193/M855 free of charge and the aging process is catching up with me... I decided to try something new. The REPR caught my interest with it's capability's... It sure looked good on paper and thanks to Brian for his insight and encouragement I jumped on it. I'm glad I did. Now it's time to find a better source of air... So without further chattiness, I will continue to read, learn and fall further into the rabbit hole. Thank you! TGRNEIN. (Corbitt)

PS: Been using springers for many years. Gamo Hunter 220 .177. Just parted with a Diana 54 Airking Pro Laminated... too heavy for my shoulder. It should be called a crew served airgun!

Leshiy 2.0 REPR .22 w/Vortex Crossfire II BDC 4x12-40 AO. Harris UL. ARM's 36 Swan Sleeve cut down and repurposed into a lower rail system. Magpul grips.

Rat Hammer.1637535146.JPEG

Hi from the Boise area. I have a couple of spring piston rifles I use for informal field target. Looking to start small game hunting this winter.

Welcome Vincent,

Learn to shoot those "piston" rifles correctly and you'll be a crack-shot with a pcp. 

What kind of rifles do you own? I assume you mean "springers", or are you utilizing gas rams?

PM

At this time I have a HW97 and a Crosman 6100. The 6100 (Diana 45) has a JM spring and shortened barrel with Mac-1 Gen II brake. The HW97 is a MK I with Vortek PG4 12lbs kit.

Good morning Vincent,

Hard to go wrong with a hw97. I'm not familiar with the Diana 45. 

Are they both .177 cal.?

I have a Hw97k in .20 cal. tuned by Paul Watts. It roughly comes in at 15 ftlbs, capable of pcp accuracy out to 60 yards.

I also own a Hw80 in .22, V-Mach, 20 ftlbs, Beeman R7 in .177 Vortek , R9, in .177 Vortek, Hw 55, V-Mach spring with leather seal, Beeman C1 gas ram in .177. Then my pcp's.

Went over to the "DarkSide " with a highly modified Hw100 in .22cal. AZ tuned. Outstanding squirrel gun. Two Cothran 22 xx builds , .22 and .25 jeep guns.

This hobby is a blackhole of pure fun, enjoy your journey.

Hello my name is jason Esposito and I got into airgunning because i watched a video on YouTube about ken hicks from southern précision air weapons. I knew that if i got my gun tuned by ken hicks i would enjoy the love and passion of airgunning.I have been an airgunner since march 13 ,2021. Every day i learn something awesome. I shoot my fx impact mk2 30 cal 700mm sniper.Its modded out to.
20211031_081557.1643068994.jpg