Welcome to AIRGUN NATION - please introduce yourself here!

Ive always plinked with airguns since I was a kid, mostly break barrel rifles that didnt have much range or accuracy. One day I stumbled on a video by some guy named Ted smoking pigeons at long range. Thats all it took to convince me I needed to step up my game. Just got my first PCP, a FX wildcat. I do a lot of depredaton for friends that are ranchers here in SoCal and used my .17 mostly for ground squirrels. With homes moving in all around I had to move to the quieter airgun option. Thanks for the great forum, Ive already learned a bunch and hope to contribute some of my adventures and haired brained ideas.

Just stopped in to say HI.
After watching a ton of videos. I have decide I want to get into air rifles for plinking and target shoot.
I guess I am coming in at a good time with introduction of lower priced PCP's.
I am located in the Hudson River Valley , near Hyde Park.
Have not ordered anything yet but it probably will be the Benjamin Maximus 22 cal and the high pressure pump.
See you later.
Gondorff

Hello, I am Matt. I am 42 years old from Northern California. I hunt most everything, and enjoy shooting archery, muzzleloaders, shotguns and rifles. I grew up shooting pump BB and pellet guns, and with all the hunting and lead restrictions coming down through our state for firearms, decided to get back into a pellet gun for upland game and migratory birds (dove), as well as pest control around my ranch. I just pre-ordered a Benjamin Trail NP2 SBD Stealth in .22 caliber, which will hopefully ship in early April. I have read good reviews on the NP2s and hope this follows suit. I got some Crosman premier domes per Ted's Hold Over Youtube page to try in the gun, and hope they work well. I will experiment more with different pellets after the break-in period.

I hope to eventually get a PCP gun but have a lot to learn as a lot has changed from my little daisy pump gun! I enjoy long range shooting, and being able to do it with pellet guns looks to be a lot of fun. I just found this site and looking forward to learning and sharing experiences and hunt reports.

Hello from east Tennessee. My name is Warren. I've only recently begun the journey into airguns. I had a Daisy model 599 as a kid (still have it), and now I have a Diana model 48 and an Air Arms TX200, both in .22. They are fantastic air rifles. I'm not much of a hunter (not at all really), but I enjoy the outdoors and trying to do some long range plinking. I believe I have watched all of Ted's videos on YouTube and recently found Steve's channel, which, by the way, is the best review of airguns I've yet to come across. I look forward to perusing the pages here at AG Nation and learning from those more skilled than myself.

Hello folks,
I am new here and an avid airgun junkie. Been into airguns for many many years and always enjoyed them. Have not heard of this site until recently. Mostly been over on the yellow forum since before james Kitching died and before that the airgun letter LOL. Some of you may know me as petefromTn. I am also an airgun machinist/CNC fabricator and designer. I make a lot of parts for the FT community including custom droop compensated scope riser and rails as well as Custom designed Sidwheels. I am happy to find another airgun forum with different people/views/experiences. I am mostly a spring gun FT shooter having shot in many matches using my old HW97 and now an HW77 and I am working on a 12ftlbs RWS54 sidelever low recoil rig also. Always loved the lower power spring guns to me it is airgun nirvana. Working on a heavy laminate stock blank for my HW77 right now and trying to setup the CNC to cut the intletting for me so it is perfect ;) Oh well just dropping in to say hi. Nice to meet everyone... Peace 

Pete M
A&N Precision Machine
Port St. Lucie Florida

Hey Art! Yeah man it has been awhile. I have been crazy busy moving back to Florida, buying a house, getting the shop set back up, working and playing with the kids. I have not shot an airgun in months. In fact I was so jonesing for it I finally pulled out my RWS54 project I had been working on today. It has sat in the case since we packed up for the move from Tennessee. It still shoots nice but as it was when I left it it is still shooting kinda slowish at 580 FPS with 8.44 grn FTS. Unfortunately I think I scrapped my damn homebuilt spring compressor in tennessee to make more room on the truck so I have no good way to dismantle the damn thing to tinker on it. ;) I guess I need to make another spring compressor now hehehe

I also am working on doing a custom CNC inletting of the HW97/77 rifle stock and it is almost ready for a test run. Once it is good I will stick my chunka blue sky laminate in there and get cutting. Hopefully soon. Working on more rail orders here today as well. Got some FWB and Steyr rails getting cut on the CNC. Hope you are well and thanks for the warm welcome... 

Pete

Welcome Pete. Glad y'all got relocated & landed, how far from st lucy to where Cliff's FT ( heck he even shoots BR now ) place is?
Yours was the first owner built ( cant really count martin & friends) pcp I ever tried

Good times for certain!
Tammy & I have 20 acres in E. WA now should you ever be in the area.
Best wishes to you & yours,
John

Hey John long time no see!! Yeah that was a LONG time ago now. Jeez how time flies. I have NO idea where Cliff is but we are central east coast about an hour north of Palm Beach. I am working on my RWS54 AS WE SPEAK!! I just had to make another spring compressor because mine was left in tennessee with a friend to make room on the moving truck LOL. this time I went with a wood design and just machined the parts in the VMC LOL. It worked okay altho the cheapass C clamp I cut up for it kinda sux. It got the rifle apart safely and now I can maybe finally see about what it is that is keeping it from the 12ftlbs mark. I am going to try to make it to some FT shoots around Florida as there are some around here as I understand. I remember back in the day I almost WON the Florida Grand Prix but had to miss the last match due to a death in the family. We are pretty happy to be back here in Florida tho it is beautiful here right now. Going kayak fishing tomorrow hopefully ;) Hope you are well my friend. 

Pete

Hello Ted and all. I've been watching Ted's videos for a while now but just thought of joining the forum. I'll be turning 60 in a few days and my thought are toward getting into the PCP world. I've been shooting a Benjamin392 for about 20 years now. I bought it at the same time I bought my son a BSA Supersport. He carried that Supersport thru the woods so much he wore the bluing off the trigger guard. 
To be honest the FX give away made me want to sign up here when I found out about it. Thank you for providing this forum.

Hi I am Asher Forge a.k.a. Desmond. I live in Cisco Texas and I'm looking forward to finding other airgun enthusiasts in my area 
I'm an artist Blacksmith by trade
I caught the Blacksmithing bug at about nine years old and slowly progressed to the point of full-time Artist blacksmith and finally started my own business about two years ago. I've always enjoyed quiet long distance hunting and hiking/camping I'm 33 and I'm looking forward to a lot of good times this year. 

My name is Ed. I live near Rochester, NY and I've just gotten started in PCP air rifle target shooting and field target shooting. When my wife and I moved into our new house, which backs up to a woods, I noticed a rather large squirrel population attacking our bird feeders. My 94 year old widow neighbor asked if I could do something about the squirrels. She said squirrels were on her porch and jumping on her screen sliding door and hissing at her. I tried Havahart traps but this is risky business and it's against local code to capture and release nuisance animals. I purchased a Gamo .177 with scope and over the years added a .22 Benjamin NPS and a .22 RWS Diana. The squirrel population is pretty much decimated.

I retired recently and a member of our local gun club introduced me to PCP. Luckily, I have a mentor living near Syracuse, NY who has been a huge help. With his help I ordered an Air Arms S500, Hawke scope, and a great white carbon fiber tank. I target shoot with a great group of guys who go out of their way to be helpful. I'm sure I have a new hobby to keep me out of trouble during retirement.