Welcome to AIRGUN NATION - please introduce yourself here!

Howdy!
​ I'm a home brewer myself! Ever been on homebrewtalk.com? It's one of, if not the, best spot on the net for home brewing, wine & mead making, foodie stuff, even Kambucha. Just about anything to drink or eat with it. I like brewing rare or extinct beers, besides the usual culprits of the hobby. Now that I'll be getting back into shooting/hunting, It'll be fun matching home brews to wild game dishes. See ya in the forums!

Hey everybody...Don here from Florida's fabulous treasure coast.
​I'm a retired senior citizen who has never owned an airgun before. Nope not even a bb gun.
so I'm real excited to learn all there is about target shooting and hunting.
​My first air rifle will be arriving tomorrow. Air Arms TX200 with scope from pyramid.
​Looking forward to hangin' out with y'all

Hi all,

I'm in my 70's and about to have cardiac bypass surgery.

Break-barrels, etc. are out for me, at least for a long while, so I've decided to go with a couple of CO2 rifles: an Umarex Fusion .177 and a Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22. I'll be using the Fusion for target shooting in my back yard and the AirMagnum for target shooting at the range and hunting small game. I'm using the 4 x 32 scope that came with the Fusion; I found that it's adequate for my needs. Initially I'll be using the factory metal sights on the AirMagnum, but I'm planning to add a 4 x 32 MilDot scope in the near future. I'll also be adding a (taped) compensator if I decide to shoot it it at home.

I found that the 88 gm CO2 cylinders aren't stocked by any of the local stores so I also ordered the 12 gm adapter so I will never be without propellant.

I'm looking forward to shooting these rifles a lot before my surgery and after the recovery period.

Hey from Virginia Beach!
My name is Terry...I'm just getting back into airgunning, which has always been one of my favorite passions, since I was a youngster! I'm an "oldster" now, and I am truly overwhelmed and amazed with all the innovations, improvements and vast choices available to modern airgunners today! Growing up, we had Crosman and Daisy...that was pretty much it and BB guns were the most popular. You either "pumped it" or "gassed it" when the basic CO2 technology was finally developed! Nobody knew how many feet per second their pellets were traveling or how many foot pounds of force they generated either! If you had a scope on your rifle...you were a real "marksman"! Times have definitely changed and I have a lot of catching up to do!
I decided that my first new airgun would be a "springer" or break-barrel. After much research and many hours of watching or reading airgun reviews, I chose the Hatsan Mod 95 in .22 caliber. I am really pleased with my choice and pleasantly surprised at the quality, consistency and power of that airgun! I wanted more! My next choice was a CO2 rifle, so I opted for the Beeman QB78 Deluxe because of the very affordable cost, great reviews and the abundance of "hop-ups" available down the road...Great little "plinker" for not a lot of $! I wanted more! Nowhere left to go, except to the "Darkside" and PCP airguns! I bought a Hawke Airmax 4-12x40AO scope on another airgun forum, because I knew I was going to need great glass! I then purchased a SCBA air tank on this forums' classifieds, because my bad back couldn't handle a HPA hand pump! I'm probably going to get the SCBA assembly from Joe at AirTanksForSale.com in the next few weeks...I hear you, "where's the PCP airgun?" Well, if I'm a good boy, Santa said that "she" would leave a Gamo Coyote Whisper .22 Airgun under the Christmas tree! I feel just like Ralphie in A Christmas Story! So, I'm going to be really good! I'll let you know...
Thank you for the opportunity to introduce myself! I look forward to you all sharing your airgun experience, knowledge and wisdom!
Nitro1527

Hi everyone!
My name is Mark. Got into air guns just a few months ago. I am 63, retired company officer at the Clovis Fire Dept (NM). Looking forward to learning all about this sport. I have a Fx Monsoon and Fx Wildcat both .22 with Hawke Sidewinder scope on each. Just got a camera setup and been having a ball with it. We have lots of pigeons at the local feed lots here so there is plenty to shoot at. I am amazed at how accurate the air rifles really are! Wish I had gotten into it many years ago. This site has so much info, can't stay off of it. Thanks to everyone for making this site and sport so rewarding.

Mark

Hello everyone. My name is Joe and I am from East Texas. I just found this forum today and I am looking forward to learning a lot about modern air rifles. I grew up in Southwest Arkansas just about 4 hours south of the Daisy BB gun factory in Rogers, Arkansas so naturally, when I was 8 or 9, my first air rifle was a Daisy BB gun. Christmas of 1957 I was 10 years old and for Christmas I got a Benjamin 22 cal pellet rifle, I believe a model 392. I shot that rifle so much I literally wore out the pump linkage. Then in the late 1970s I found and bought another Benjamin 392 mostly just for nostalgia and have shot it very few times. Now I have gotten the air rifle bug again and just last week purchased a 22 cal Gamo Whisper Fusion Mach 1. Yesterday I had time to shoot my new rifle a few times and I think I am going to really enjoy this new hobby. I plan to build a target/pellet catcher and backyard plinking will be the majority of my shooting. I really would like a PCP but for my usage I just can't justify the additional cost.

Hello All

I'm John, from the Phoenix AZ metro area. New to the current state of airguns. Born and raised in Wyoming, getting my Daisy 99 when I was 7. Took part in a training/competition group with it. Learned a lot of the basics. Continued shooting, hunting till my mid twenties. I was always attracted to the idea of being able to make the shot, rain, snow, wind, cold, hot, good position, bad position didn't matter, make the shot.

Now at 52 and having done many hobbies its time for a change. I've been lurking on the internet, looking, reading, researching for months. Something I always loved was benchrest shooting, rather it be the "go to guy" to sight in a new rifle or just running a box or two through. Rather it was short or long or extreme distance I enjoyed it. So that's what I setting up for with airguning. 

I ordered a Thomas BR today and with a bit of luck I'll have it in hand come the end of October. I looked at a lot of guns before deciding on this one. Bottom line is the proven performance of putting the projectile where the reticle is.

I'm starting from scratch, have a great deal to learn and I'm sure will have questions as time goes on.

Howdy,

Jay in central AZ here. I've been shooting and hunting all my life. I recently got a Benjamin Steel Eagle and have enjoyed shooting it quite a lot. I bought it to declare war on the ground squirrels who've been chewing up my little piece of the desert, but I haven't seen a single one since I brought it home. I guess I won the war already :).

I've also been doing a lot of reading and youtube watching and I'm already saving up for a PCP. Probably a Wildcat .25, or maybe the Streamline if it comes out in time.

Hi all, 

my name is jim, I have been shooting air rifles for about 14 years now and about 7-8 years ago I moved into the pcp side of things.
i started my own YouTube channel

http://Www.youtube.com/pelletpower

I did try to use that as a username here but it's been used 😩 I've recently sold my customised AGT Vulcan in .25 in favour of the impact but I'm still not 100% it was the right move as the Vulcan is an extremely reliable rifle.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself before looking round the forum. 

*i don't know how to add pictures here**

Hello, my name is Brad Shumaker aka "Bowhuntr5" and I reside in Olive Branch, MS. I work for Bayer Healthcare in the Farm Animal products division as a Sales Rep. Basically, I hang around sale barns and visit cattle farms all day. Almost hard to believe I get paid to do it! I have been an avid bow hunter since my pawpaw built me my first bow out of a hickory limb when I was 4. I have shot Airguns from the time I was able to hold one. I just recently got into high end Airguns. I have 3 girls and my hunting has severely suffered. My plethora of weapons and Ammo sits in my 4 safes collecting dust. I live in a neighborhood with 30 acres of woods as my back yard. The Airguns give me a chance to go outside when kids go to bed, get on my Caldwell bench and shoot until my wife makes me come inside. I literally fell head over heels for these things and now have a small fortune invested as many of you do. I do not post much on AGN but read a lot of posts from you guys. I may from time to time stick my two cents in if it is something o am familiar with. Great site and "Kill a Big Ern"!!!

Hi I'm Earl from Lincoln Nebraska I'm a newbee to pcp's but have been around guns my whole life I've been watching lots of videos and reading a lot of reviews I'm thinking of getting the .257 condor and would like some advice from anyone willing to give it got hooked on this ideal from watching tofazfou's videos on YouTube if you have any advice on the build would be great and you can message me here or buy phone or text at (402)601-6975

Hello
Being from the great state of Texas, i am familiar with firearms, hunting, sport shooting and the underrated euphoria of napping in a warm blind on a cold day. My passion for hunting has evolved however and I actually prefer hunting for things that died 65 million or more years ago. I still occasionally terminate those invasive little extant dinosaurs that disrupt the tranquility of my feeding stations in the yard however. Airguns have improved dramatically in recent years to the point that my once state-of-the-art .22 RWS feels obsolete. I enjoy shooting it though and enjoy seeing what new technology brings forth. Happy shooting

Hello everyone!

I've been reading posts and watching airgun youtube videos for quite a while. Thought it was finally time to join a forum and meet some fellow airgunners. Been shooting airguns for about 40 years off and on mostly in my early teens and in the last ten years or so with a good size gap in-between. My first gun was a Daisy lever action bb gun and my latest purchase, a .22 Wildcat. Who knows what's next LoL

Matt