Welcome to AIRGUN NATION - please introduce yourself here!

Hello everyone….Excited to join a new air gun forum, just a little background on myself.I’m 24 years old, I work as a registered nurse from Pennsylvania.I used to be REALLY into guns/airguns back when I was 15-19, but then I went to college and kinda put a damper on things.I used to work with a fellow airgunner from california who used to custom swage his own lead projectiles (boar hog long range slugs) and I conducted ballistics testing for him. I did testing on all sorts of 0.22 caliber projectiles and had a blast doing it, I still have some of my ballistics test sheets (boar hogs, crow mags, predator poly mags, H&N barracuda match, eun jin’s, predator big boys) for anyone who is interested at taking a peek at them, has full ballistic coefficient info as well as terminal ballistics results into homemade ballistics gel.I totally lost all touch with airgunning and sold my customized airforce condor about 5 years ago and got into high performance car stereos.Lately the car stereo hobby has been EXTREMELY expensive and am looking to take a step back and get back into airgunning, and maybe continue with my ballistics testing on many more projectiles.Anyways I’m looking for a PCP set up again and am most likely gonna go with a condor again or the benjamin marauder to start.So if anyone has any used airguns or some pumps feel free to hit me up.Feel free to email me at [email protected] or text me at 570-933-2172 to talk more.If anyone is from PA shoot me a message!I’m hoping to get involved in the airgunning community more than I ever was before.Glad to be here guys!!

Hello, I'm Phillip from Oroville CA. I own a couple of break barrels. One is a POS Benjamin Trail Np that needs to just go into the trash. The other is a Umarex Octane .22 cal. that I don't shoot anymore because last year I bought a my first PCP. A FX Gladiator MK1 .22 cal. that I can't stop shooting. I have named it Gladius Maximus. Anyway, Hello and happy shooting.

"sbvx67"Hello everybody,
Steve from Plano TEXAS. Don't own an air gun yet. Trying to get educated on the subject so I can make an informed decision on what I want.
This guys videos are the best. Then if you go to his you tube home page over on the right side he gives you a bunch of his favorite you tube video makers.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MoshDubber/videos

Hello. My name is Sean Mayo 
I am 34 years old and I live in Bakersfield, California. I've been into hunting and target shooting since I was 8yrs old and enjoy anything airgun or firearms related. Feel free to look me up on Facebook if you're in the local area and wanting a new friend into airguns or firearms. If you are not in the local area and need more friends in open to that too. Haha

I currently shoot a Benjamin Regal II NP .22
It's very fun and doesn't cost as much to target practice and shoot squirrels as my handguns. Kimber ultra covert 2 in .45acp and a polish P64 in 9x18 caliber which I can't shoot in the back yard. So the airgun is an anytime shooting option. 

Hope to find some new rodent control friends in the area and learn more about PCP airguns as I hope to upgrade soon. Would enjoy attending a Field target shoot, but the closest one I've seen is on the coast near Pismo Beach. If anyone attending that event views this post. Hit me up. I would enjoy learning more about beginning the field target world.

Thanks.

Hello Jerry, Brian here from New Zealand. Seeing that you are from Seattle and my knowing I will be there in Oct this year, I want to ask if you know of any gun shops in the greater Seattle area that cater for the airgunner. If there aren't any I will have to order stuff and it will be there for me to collect when I arrive.
Well have you made any discussions as to what you will get in the way of an air rifle? I used to hunt on San Juan Island, with a Smith and Wesson .22 pump air rifle. It bowled those rabbit no problem with a MV of around 700 fps. Now I use a BSA, PCP in .22 at 940 fps and it knocks over hares at 50 meters, goes right through them. The hare is about 2 + times larger than a rabbit. My .22 Bruno stays home and the pre charged rifles get used 99% of the time, it's the challenge of it I enjoy.
All the best with your choice of rifle & the hunting. Brian

Mayo661, i'm out in Victorville and love shooting PCP's, i've got 3 one i'm sending off for a tune so she will be missing for at least two months but i'm heading overseas so it won't be missed. When i get back we should hook up and do some shooting. I've also shot glock 19 when ever i get the chance. Welcome to Airgun Nation send me a message around the Nov 10th is when i get back in town and we can do some shooting.

I've been on the forum for a month or so, guess I should introduce myself. My name is Aaron McCoy. I live in Oklahoma. Been around guns my whole life, my dad has always been a serious gun-nut (buying/selling/trading). I never really "got into" shooting until a couple of years ago- when my son decided he wanted to. His grandfather keeps him well armed, lol. So we've been shooting all types of powder burners together for awhile. I really can't remember how my obsession with wanting an air rifle started. I think it was from watching a random YouTube video and saying, "wait... What... Did that just happen with a pellet gun?". 
So my boy and I are waiting on the arrival of our 1st air rifle- a Hatsan at44 qe long in .25 caliber. This is gonna be fun.

BTW, this forum has already proved to be invaluable to a newbie like myself. Thanks for all the help so far. I hope that after I learn what I'm doing I can offer help to others as well.

Howdy all,

Mick here, hailing from the mountains of New Mexico. A few years ago I bought a .177 Beeman R-1 from one of my shooting buddies. It came with a factory 4x scope. I have used it for pest control around the hacienda (Mostly chipmunks and ground squirrels. Lately I have been using it out at my work trying to keep the pigeons out of the warehouse and shop areas. I also have a pair of Crosman air pistols (A 1377 and a 1322) that I want to do some upgrades on.

I found the site while doing some research on gas piston air rifles....Looks like there is a lot of great info here and I am glad to be aboard!

Mick

Hey everyone, 

I'm Ray from South Carolina. Just recently got into watching videos about pcp airguns and am very interested into getting into the hobby. I've been doing a little research and watching video reviews. Trying to figure out what would be a good setup for a beginner that will also be good as I get more into the hobby. I'd rather spend a little more money knowing I'm getting a better setup starting off then spending money upfront and then looking to upgrade a certain component within a few months. Any recommendations? 

Ray 

"raksoter"Hey everyone, 

I'm Ray from South Carolina. Just recently got into watching videos about pcp airguns and am very interested into getting into the hobby. I've been doing a little research and watching video reviews. Trying to figure out what would be a good setup for a beginner that will also be good as I get more into the hobby. I'd rather spend a little more money knowing I'm getting a better setup starting off then spending money upfront and then looking to upgrade a certain component within a few months. Any recommendations? 

Ray
For anyone fairly familiar with powder burning rifles ... airguns are a step down insofar as safety and complexity ( not speaking of the mechanics of the instrument ) are concerned. The neat thing about high end pcp airguns to me is they will kill pests and I don't have to worry nearly so much about where the bullet is going if I miss or it passes through the quarry. Still gun handling with an airgun is no different than a powder burner. Safety first last and always.

I tossed the ' starter set' idea right from the get go and got a Wildcat in cal. 25. So glad I did. I've been shooting for over 50 years and a clunker of a pcp would have been a waste of my time and money. If you have the money get a good gun. You won't be sorry.

Hi, My name is Don (Gungeek) and I have been retired for 10 years. I live in western N.Y. and got interested in air guns after watching the local 4-H shoot team. I purchased a Crosman Raven to shoot pigeons in free stall barns for the farmers in my area. Then I purchased a Benjamin Trail 22 to dispatch animals that I trap because I live in a woods. I recently purchased an Fx Royale 400 22 cal. So I am relatively new to air guns and really enjoy learning about them. I have been hunting for 60 years and do a lot of night hunting for predators. I am new to forums also. Pleased to be here. Regards, Gungeek.