Welcome to AIRGUN NATION - please introduce yourself here!

Greetings all. I'm from so cal.
I've been airgunning ever since I was a young child and my dad let me shoot his Crosman c02 pistol in the back yard. From that moment I've have been afflicted with a sickness and a passion for anything that has trigger and shoots! I just got back into airguns a couple of years ago with a purchase of a benjamin p-rod , marauder . Now I'm on the waiting list for a FX Impact in .25 and looking forward to joining discussions on the great sport of airgunning.

Hello, my "handle" is Redleg - an obscure reference to when I shot really by guns in the Field Artillery....

I've been eavesdropping here for a while and was impressed by the content of the posts.

I can see that in terms of expertise, the majority of you are far ahead of me with air gun knowledge so I hope to become more familiar with
some of the nuances of the sport.

Hello everyone, I'm Philip and I live in Colorado. I'm new to air guns, but not new to guns. I do a lot of shooting and reloading for center fires rifles and pistols. I spent 20 years in the Army, retiring in 1988, worked for an automotive retailer until I hit 62 and retired again. Now I enjoy my time off shooting, fishing. camping, really just about anything outdoors.I'll probably have lots of questions since I've never owned an air rifle before.

Hello my name is Chris,
I live in Western Oregon and grew up plinking with BB guns. In recent years I have had my interest rekindled through my two kids.
Like myself, my daughter and son both learned to shoot with pump guns. This Christmas it was time for something more. But instead of powder burners my wife and I bought them Benjamin Discoveries.

A few years ago I purchased a Benjamin Trail NP for myself but soon found myself wanting more distance and more accuracy. This year I put an order in with AOA and hope to get my Wildcat next week.

Like many other air gunners on this forum I've had my interest heavily influenced by Ted's videos along with some other notable names I've seen on YouTube and here on the forum.

To all of you air gunners working hard on youtube and this forum to improve this sport, Thank You!!!! Your efforts are appreciated and please continue.

Hello,

My name is Tim and I haven't owned an air rifle since I passed on my Benjamin 342 to a friends son over 30 years ago (BTW; it was a great rifle and I was the envy of all of the neighbor boys when I was young).. I just bought a Benjamin Discovery .22 and was wondering what I can do to get the most out of my gun as far as shot count and accuracy... I have read as much as I can already about these guns but I thought joining here would be a great help...

Hi Guys , my name is Scott and just got into PCP like the Marador like 3 months ago after watching Teds videos ,[they are so addictive] , so I went out and got myself a .25 Benjamin Marador . Got a good one and would like to tune it down a little for more shots but not quit sure of the best way . I'm a DIY guy looking for advice . I did put in the HDD and she got a little quiter but lost some shots 16 down to 10 in a quarter @50 yds.I hear she could get 24 with the right tuning . thanks , aka Mchunt

I started shooting airguns when I was 9, and put a few thousand rounds through a few bb and pellet guns. While shooting them was fun, what I really like doing was taking them apart and praying that I could put them back together. When I was 17 I started shooting paintball guns, and did that for the next two years. While I was in college, I had to take a break from this to work and study; and I wasn't able to pick it up until recently.

Hello to all you air gunners! And thanks to the moderator that helped me get set up,,,,,well I'm in the heart of the finger lakes wine region,,I'll say I'm new to higher end air guns but have had one ready most of my life I'm in absolute awe of what you guys do with these things ,,,yes Ted is the man! I have learned so much about shooting in the last 8 months it's crazy I an no stranger to the shooting sports ,,but the knowledge is just unbelievable,, my passion is traditional archery I am a bowyer just love those long bows I build self bows laminated wood,and fiberglass bows,,and have been known to go real primeitive and hunt with stone points as well I have tow young kids who tag along with me ,,I'm a plumber hvac macanic by trade ....so that's enough about me so begins my new journey in this wonderful hobby ,,,,and by the way I live about 25 minutes from IMHO the holy land of air guns ,,,yes "Crossman arms" I am a life long fan of them and Santa left one for my son at Christmas ,,,(heck yes a 760!) so thanks and keep it coming ,,,,,,,Fraternaly yours Jeff

Hey Steve,
Welcome aboard! Your engineering expertise is welcome and I appreciate the sharing of your knowledge.
I have personally benefitted from your post on "optimum barrel lengths for springers" when I was modifying my .22 cal. R1 / V-Mach. I cut my barrel at 11 inchs , a little bit harder to cock it shoots like a champ! Thanks.
Mike
L

"Steve_in_NC"Greetings and salutations to the AGN community!

I'm a frequent poster on the Yellow Forum, but tonight is my first adventure here.

I've been addicted to "adult" airguns for about a decade and a half, and I think I found a nest of card-carrying fellow sufferers here. I hope we can enable each other's habit in a completely unrepentant fashion!
Welcome to the forum, from the big Yellow. 
raf

Hello AGN.
Am 56 live in Lake Dallas Texas. Have a back ground not unlike many of you.
Thanks to pumpers my left arm is three times bigger than the right.
Due to my love of springer's both thumbs end at the first joint and my nose now resides on the side of my head.
Have only recently been sucked into the black hole that you call PCP. { thank you TED }
Cant help but wonder when I blow up will I be the first or just another in a long long line?
Am currently saving up for a CARBEN FIBER TANK and a piece of land to house it on.
Judging from cost its about the size of a water tower. I have extensive experience hunting, yet to date a fill station eludes me.
Am quite certain in the near future any further correspondence on my part will only be possible when my neighbor is gone
and I can borrow an extension cord.
Thank you all and good day!
fuzznut

Bigship from Houston here. Shot a million BBs out of my Daisy air guns from 6 years old to about 12. Didn't even think about the stuff for 49 years. Then the squirrels started attacking my fig tree last year. I shoot crossbows and that's not going to work well for squirrel control. So, I did not enough research and bought a Hatsan 95 in .22 cal. Couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with it, and the quest for the perfect air gun was on. Purchased a Benjamin Marauder in .25 caliber and put three squirrels to sleep (and in my stew pot - much to wife's horror) in one morning. Put up a feeder to attract more LOL!  also purchased an AirForce Condor SS, and am back to looking for the perfect springer. Had three German guns and a TX-200 and just gave up until I talked to Mike Mellick. I pulled the trigger on a full tuned .22 cal Xisico XS25 that shoots lights out up to 30 yards (for a springer anyway). There's not much left of a dove after the .25 Condor or Marauder are finished with it, so I use the XS25 for birds. Taken 3 doves with it, one with a head shot at 21 yards. Kudos to Ted for his videos and I appreciate all the sharing that the forum provides. All the best!

Hi all,
I have been checking out the site for a while and finally decided to join. The information and opinions available here are a real benefit for myself being fairly new to this side of the sport. Over the years I have had a number of powder burners, shot guns, 22 lr and several pistols. Now living in town I wanted something that was relativity quiet for pest control. I shopped around and bought a Gamo Varmit Hunter HP .177 form Bass Pro. I liked the gun but had a lot of trouble holding the zero. After watching way to many videos of PCP's, I decided to get one. I bought an Air Arms S510 Extra FAC in 22 caliber. Love the gun....incredible accuracy, even with me shooting it! Anyway Im having lots of fun and hope to be a better shot soon. 

Ray