Welcome to AIRGUN NATION - please introduce yourself here!

Hello all,

I've been shooting a pellet gun on and off since I was 12. Nothing fancy, no competitions or anything. Just an RWS model 34 with open sights. 

I got here by means of YouTube and seeing teds holdover channel. Great stuff on there btw. It made me say "hey, I've got a pellet rifle! I'm not bad with high power rifles, maybe I could do something like that!" So here I am looking to get more precise, and potentially get a new gun and try out optics on hypothetical air/powered fowling piece.

Hi everyone, my name is Blair. I just got into airgun, I purchased a Hatsun 95 springer in .177 about a year ago and love shooting it. A good friend of mine that has been shooting for several yrs recently purchased the Benjamin np2 in .22 and he has been letting me shoot it for 2 weeks now. I love the nitro piston, so I purchased one and should be arriving Saturday. So I thought I would join this forum. Happy shooting to everyone.

My name is Frank, and I Just found this board on Teds' recommendation, so I signed right up. Love Airguns. Mostly PCPs, Yes..I went to that dark side 6-7 years ago and never looked back. I now have developed a terrible habit of having to own one of every gun that I think I'd like to shoot. Shiny new Airguns make me weak! So, I've also given some great deals to some very nice guys on the Yellow board trying to keep my collection manageable. That was my resolution 3years ago, that I could only have 3-4 Airguns that I use, no safe queens for me anymore! But, that's like that old country song, "Never Again,..Again". Anyway, I'm Frank and I love Airguns, carbines mostly.

Hi Gang! Mark Griffin here in Massachusetts. I stumbled onto Ted's holdover video's on Ytube and was amazed by his
shooting skills with an air rifle. I decided right then and there I had to try it. (thanks Ted!) I went out and got myself a Weihrauch
HW100 in .22 with a Vortex Viper and I'm hooked! Took up hunting after being away from it for about 40 years and it's great to be
back.
Having just retired after almost 33 years of public service, I have plenty of time to pursue my hobbies which include surfing, hiking,
nordic skiing, rowing and now shooting!
Thank you to both Ted and Michael for setting up this forum. It's a great source of information for us "newbies"

Hello
I am Jeff and I am from WV. I know everyone has a story, so this is mine.
I come from a small town called Mabie. Grew up an average kid, when I wasn't in school, I was hunting and fishing. I grew up in the logging industry. As a teenager I helped my grand dad in woods and operated a log skidder. After that I went my own way and spent 17 years working part time in a Gun Shop. 7 and a half years in law enforcement and another 2 years in prison for accepting a bribe. And I am first to tell you that prison was the best thing that ever happen to me. GOD took me from a life of misery and sin and reborn me a Christian. I have had a very close relationship with HIM and I am not afraid to say it . But I am not going to shove GOD down your throat. I am an open book, you want to know anything just ask.
So back to me, I am remarried to a Pastors daughter and what can I say, I am married to my hunting partner and I love her with all my heart.
What can i say, I have been around, I know things and I have seen things. And I am not afraid to say, I am new to the air rifle sport, but I am not wet behind the ears, I have spent a lot of time afield playing paintball. So I have a pretty good idea of how a pellet rifle works.
So thanks for having me and I hope to learn a great deal from everyone. Who know, I might even one day open up an air gun shop.

"boonez40"Hello
I am Jeff and I am from WV. I know everyone has a story, so this is mine.
I come from a small town called Mabie. Grew up an average kid, when I wasn't in school, I was hunting and fishing. I grew up in the logging industry. As a teenager I helped my grand dad in woods and operated a log skidder. After that I went my own way and spent 17 years working part time in a Gun Shop. 7 and a half years in law enforcement and another 2 years in prison for accepting a bribe. And I am first to tell you that prison was the best thing that ever happen to me. GOD took me from a life of misery and sin and reborn me a Christian. I have had a very close relationship with HIM and I am not afraid to say it . But I am not going to shove GOD down your throat. I am an open book, you want to know anything just ask.
So back to me, I am remarried to a Pastors daughter and what can I say, I am married to my hunting partner and I love her with all my heart.
What can i say, I have been around, I know things and I have seen things. And I am not afraid to say, I am new to the air rifle sport, but I am not wet behind the ears, I have spent a lot of time afield playing paintball. So I have a pretty good idea of how a pellet rifle works.
So thanks for having me and I hope to learn a great deal from everyone. Who know, I might even one day open up an air gun shop

Good for you Jeff. All a man needs in life is a good wife God and a good airgun. It takes a good man to admit these things on a public form. I would be proud to call you friend.

Thank you Bruce
If there is one thing I have learned, and that is to always be truthful up front.
I am always glad to have new friends even if I at first I seem hesitant to welcome people with open arms. My journey in life some times keeps me at arms length away from others, simply because I trust no one but the Words of GOD.
And as I stated before, if you have any questions about me, feel free to ask.

Hello everyone!

My name is Jason and I'm a proud native of San Jose CA. I had a few airguns as a kid but I got serious about hunting with airguns about five years ago. I have pretty limited time to get away and so I like to read about the lucky ones who can get out and shoot/hunt and try to learn from them. I hope to make some new friends and maybe get in on a few hunts.

Hello Jeff, Brian here from New Zealand, I like your testimony, hearing what God has done in your life. He's pulled you out of the muck and mire, set your feet upon the rock,[and placed a PCP[?] air-rifle in your hands] But the best gift is the knowledge that your future has been taken care of.
I'm new to the updated air rifle game as of three years ago when I bought a second hand BSA Sportsman HV in ,22. I get sub 1 inch groups at 100 meters with it when I do things right. It's great on hares, rabbits, and magpies. You'd have more varieties of game where you are i'd say. 
Let us know what you are shooting with, and at and we'll enjoy hearing from you.