Welcome to AIRGUN NATION - please introduce yourself here!

Greetings everyone. Apologies for doing this late.

I live in Indiana. I am 53yrs old and happily married.

I got into airguns about 2 years ago. During that time the collection has grown to a number that in my opinion is TOO MANY. I don't get to shoot any one of them enough to get good with it.

I keep trying to get in shootouts to try and find one that shoots so well I don't want to reach for another rifle.

I own springers, Co2 and 1 PCP at this time. I have several pistols though generally don't shoot them since unrested I am like a weeble .. I wobble but I don't fall down. LOL

I hope to learn some things, pass along things I have gleaned from countless hours on the internet and forums and meet some like minded friendly people to converse with.

Hey Geoffrey, it's good to see you here and welcome! Good natured folks here with lots of pooled brain power it would seem. 

Remember that reticle filming issue I asked about? Turns out the guy was just curious so no biggie, but I've been wanting to shoot through a cam adaptor for my iPhone and found one here on the classifieds. It's on its way.

Rock

Greetings everyone. I'm a 65 year young lifelong firearms guy, and have had pellet guns since I was a kid, but until recently, they were cheap .177 cal break barrels. Back in August I bought my first "big boy" air gun, and now own 5 of them...all three Hatsan 95 Vortex calibers, a Benjamin Genesis .22 and a Benjamin Trail NP .22, and my el-cheap Chinese .177 that's been around for about 25-30 years.

I like to hunt tree rats with the Hatsan .25, and plink and target shoot the others in my 10m basement range. Looking forward to adding to the collection in the near future.

Joe
Mentor, Ohio

Oops! I forgot about my P17 Beeman pistol. Don't shoot it much, but it's a nice diversion once in awhile.

Greetings Joe,
I am a 60 year old gun guy. Like you, I played with air rifles as a kid. Didn't come back to them until about 8 years ago when the tree rats attacked my deck furniture and began an ongoing war. I bought a Gamo spring gun, thinking it was the best thing on the market. I was sorely ignorant. Anyway, I discovered the UK guns a while back and after some time of hankerin for one, I bought a Daystate Wolverine B Hi-lite last month. I laid down a substantial chunk of change with AoA. But let me tell you, my jaw dropped when I first shot the rifle. Now I'm hooked. Looking to buy a bull pup next. Probably going to be the FX Impact if the waiting list ever goes down.

Haven't done any long range shooting yet. I have it set up in my basement window on a bench. I call it my sniper room. The old lady two doors down likes to feed the tree rats. So I decided to do the "Squirrel Hunter" trick. If you haven't seen his Youtube videos, you are missing out. I put out my own feeder about 4 feet up the trunk of a tree in my back yard. The tree rats come for their last meal there. The Daystate is so silent that the loudest noise any of the neighbors could possibly hear would be the .22 pellet slapping the tree after passing through the skull of the rat. The feeder is well below line of sight for anyone around because of a six foot fence. So the most anyone could detect is that a squirrel went down the tree and didn't come back up. I'm having a blast and winning the war! AND...the old lady is surely spending much less on squirrel food. The parade across the top of my back fence has ended.

Cheers, and welcome to Airgun Nation. Lots to be learned here.
Danny

Hi! I go by Waste. I'm new to air guns, and plan on becoming very actively involved in it. I'm 13, and just started getting interested in It this year. Everyone starts somewhere, right? I actually live pretty close by to Ted! I plan on getting a Benjamin Trail NP2 .22 with a synthetic stock for Christmas. I have done so much research over the past few days about air guns, and have come to the conclusion that for cost and skill level, this will be a good first gun, once I fix the trigger and clean the barrel. Over the past week alone, I've spent easily over 8 hours researching. I would like to become an active member of this community.

Hi I am Joseph from the tiny island of Malta ,my passion is airguns, hunting pigeons mostly with my 

Air Arms S400 classic and for longer shots i use my Evanix Blizzard S10 both guns are .22 caliber.
I always loved airifles i had a small one when i was a child but a few years ago istarted whatching you tube and i was hooked . 
Kind regards to every one.

Scotty57 here spent most of my wee years shooting varmints in southern WI with a Benjamin 312 22. classic pumper. Went into the Navy after school and left the great white north for a while. ( If none of you know it was the US Navy that had the biggest air guns built they fired Dynamite projectiles). Been back in WI for a while since I retired. 
And now I caught the pcp thing. Lots of content online about them least of all ted...but I will not blame him for bringing me in to the fold. :)
I hope to learn alot from you all
take care

​Hello everyone. I am J.C. from Douglasville, GA. I am new to PCP rifles but I have been around air rifles since a teenager. My first air rifle was a Rossi Spring Model .177 and I used it for about 15 years. When I was about 20 years old, I bought another spring rifle. This time it was a Gamo .177. After about 10 years, while shopping with a friend for an air rifle, I stumbled across the Benjamin Trail NP XL .22. That has served me well, but since the day I bought the XL, I really wanted to get into PCP rifles. This week I was able to finally fulfill this desire. I got a Benjamin Marauder .25 (Wood Stock) and Joe Broncato's Great White. Of course, with most everything that cost a good chunk of money, I am very happy and hooked. A huge improvement over any air rifle I ever own.

J.C

Hi, I'm bcon043 or Barry from Indianapolis, IN. My twin brother and I was about 11 years old when we got are first air rifles. We would compete on who was the better shot most of our teenager years. I got out of shooting for many decades, until I went to work for a local pest control company. Part of my job is to go into grocery store after hours and shoot pest birds. My company would only buy us cheap toy air rifle that shot poorly. I ended up buying a .22 Benjamin Discovery. I've use it for about 4 years, I love it and get paid to use to too. Life is good.

Hey my real name is mister, I've already posted here quite a bit, various mod questions, scope questions all the basics, I'm new to the hobby of air guns , just found out I'm 50% accurate at 20 yard with my break barrel, I got into this hobby with a co2 crossmen vigilante revolver up graded to a crossmen m4-177 witch guys strongly resembles a 760 pump master, where I'm at now is the gamo Bullwhisper bone collector edition. I've taken 2 rats and four squirrels so far 15 yards out to 40 both with the gamo I haven't tuned or modded any yet but I'm slowly learning how. I plan on my first pcp within a year or so (QB-79) 
id like to thank everyone for all the help and pointers 
-mr.bullwhisper

Hello! Born and raised in Hawaii. Got into airguns five years ago had finally started my PCP line up with the high-end rifles - first being a FX Wildcat in .22 caliber (still waiting for it). Not a stranger to shooting since my powder burners are numerous (being a Glock fan -7 now in various configs, the 17L in 9mm being my fav of all time) and 8 rifles all bolt actions. I hope to learn as much in the airgun world especially maintenance and long-range applications. My shooting outings though are very private affairs though, for I shoot on private land in which the owners are very nice but do not want to advertise their sites.
My Wildcat venture was the result of watching Ted Holdover's vids and though the Wildcat is not with me yet, I feel a need (Ted's videos again) for a .25 in my life! Either the Wildcat again or the Vulcan with extra attachments for backyard fun. I cannot understand why Ted is not to being wooed by these airgun manufacturers!!! Would be money best spent and invested in him as a spokesman and ambassador for the airgun or powder burner world!
Thank you for this forum and the various subjects. I have learned quite a few things and hope to contribute too! 
Mahalo and take care!
OldFalc

Hey Airgun addicts from all over the world..
My name is Phi and I'm from Bombay, India... I've been shooting air rifles all my life but have never actually had access to so much information about this brilliant and bloody addictive sport until 'Ted's Holdover' videos caught my attention.
Here in India Shooting is considered a taboo (as it is associated with killing things) and the laws on air rifle ownership are quite rigid and kinda vague at the same time. As far as i am aware, we are only allowed to own .177 caliber air rifles without a license. Luckily for me, I have have a farm house where i do all of my shooting. Ive set up a range and can go for hours shooting at paper and reactive targets. There is also the occasional ratting.
Shooting my air rifles is like meditation to me. Nothing like the feeling when you see the pellet hit the exact spot you aim at, time and time again. The journey from buying a rifle to identifying the perfect pellet and shooting tiny groups at long distances is a journey only an Airgunner would understand and appreciate.