Welcome to AIRGUN NATION - please introduce yourself here!

Hey guys. I'm Eddie from Connecticut. I literally never knew about pcp airguns before a month and a half ago. One evening my wife went to the garage and was greeted by two large raccoons eating all the cat food. We leave the door up a foot so the cats can eat and drink. I went out there with a 20+ year old daisy 10 pump bb gun. I shot one in the face twice and it just shrugged it off . I knew this wasnt going to work.I went in the house , got my phone and just out of curiosity I googled air rifles. I've seen the ones at walmart, expecting thats all I would find, but what I found blew my mind. Fx, Daystate, Edgun, Kalibrgun etc. How could I go through life having never knew about these. I had to have one. After a week of checking the internet for eveything related to pcp airguns(forums, dealers, videos, manufacturers, etc) I settled on the Fx Wildcat .25 . Hawke sidewinder scope, omega 75 cu.ft. tank. Atlas rail with Utg bipod(for now). I built a sniper shack with a shooting bench on my property. Targets at 35yds out to 105yds and I don't even have the rifle yet. AOA informed me it would be shipped out this Tuesday. I've been waiting for over a month. At least I had time to set up my range. Ive watched all of Teds videos which really inspired me. By the way, where is Ted. Ive been waiting for his review on the Wildcats. Hope everything is ok. I've been on all the forums and by far I like this one the best. Michael, your doing a great job. Hope to hear from Ted soon. Thank you everyone for your feedback and experience answering my questions.

Tim A. From Michigan received my first Airgun on my 13th birthday in 1974 a Crosman 1400. I have owned a lot of different Airguns over the past 40 years with 60's & 70's Crosman being some of my favorite. I really enjoy taking fairly inexpensive Airguns and making them shoot better with trigger, valve, barrel etc work. Currently I have been having a lot of fun with my Prods & recently acquired 1701P. An airgun buddy from CA told me about AG Nation looks like a nice site I am glad he did. Hello to all Tim A.

Welcome Windtek/Tim A. Don't be afraid to ask and answer questions. You'll notice a green dot under your name. If you see someone offering useful information you can give them 'accuracy points', or, likewise, remove points if their info is wrong or unhelpful. Don't forget to put yourself on the map. You might be surprised to see that there's another member closeby that you could go shooting with.

https://zeemaps.com/airgun_nation

We have users, ranges, PCP fill stations and airgun stores on the map. The more people use it, the more useful it becomes.

ArcherDon here and I have always been an airgunner since my first BB rifle when I was 13, then the old Crosman M1 Carbine (wish I'd kept it!) and these days a variety of CO2, pump and breakbarrel rifles and pistols. My two favorite plinkers are the Crosman 1077 rifle and the Crosman 357. As the moniker implies I also do a fir share of Archery. I have been able to introduce family members and friends, especially the young ones to the shooting sports. Education is the best persuader and some hands on usually seals the deal. I used to be a member of the ISRA and for the annual Range Open House / NRA day I worked the Air Gun Range. Yes we had mostly youth but the parents were there and I usually talked them into shooting as well. Our selling point was easy, the ammo was free. I proudly state we converted more than a few moms to the shooting sports. Looking forward to reading and sharing some great information with you all.

Hey guys my name is Justin I'm from Washington I started a lot like most people with pets in the backyard I've been into air gunning for the past year now and have several breakbarrel springers right now I currently shoot the Benjamin varmint NP 22 and look forward to getting my first PCP as soon as I can afford it I really like the atmosphere on this form and how helpful everybody is and how willing everybody is on sharing information looking forward to all the cool conversations will be having.

Violet Talley from Northern Illinois (Elgin Area) here. My love of fishing and hunting began at a very early age thanks to influence from my dad and brother. After mostly fishing for many years, I wanted to explore hunting more extensively, however I fell into air guns accidentally. I was in Cabelas (my favorite store) and wanted to talk to some gun experts about guns and hunting when I came across the air gun section. I immediately fell in love! I loved the look, feel and surprising power of the air guns, and right there, I made my first purchase: the .177 Gamo Big Cat. I played around with it for about a year and learned more about air guns from experts and online YouTube videos (Ted's Holdover is the BEST, thanks Ted) and I just made another purchase recently... just waiting for it to arrive: the .22 Crosman Nitro Venom.

I hope to be able to connect with other air gunners, especially in the Northern IL area. My husband HATES To fish and "kind of" likes guns..... so I would love to find people to connect with and areas to be able to use my air gun since I live in a subdivision in the Elgin area and I doubt my neighbors would be happy with my "plinking." I would live to explore hunting with my air gun in the future, but I would like to learn even more about all of the possibilities with these amazing guns from great people like all of you!!!!

Hi my name is Mike and I just got the airgunning bug! I am 50 (soon be 51), married, and have 3 great kids. I own a small automotive repair shop in Georgia and don't get much time away from the business and that means no hobbies because of the business. That is what happens when you love something so much.......you get good at it and next thing you know you are doing it for others......... fast forward thirty years and your in business with more than you can do!
Anyways, I have a client, Colin, came into the shop one day this summer and he said "let me get my gun out of the car before I leave it with you". I expected a pistol of some sort but it was a rifle case. He proceeded to remove the rifle out of the case to show it to me and he tells me "this is what we use back in the UK for a bit of fun!". I am now looking over his springer rifle with a scope and next thing you know he says "give it a go, will ya?" I did and that was it! I loved the fact I could shoot just out back of the shop and how accurate it was. I knew I had to have an air gun from that moment. Well as of 4 days ago I can have the same feeling over and over as I did that day with my friend Colin at the shop. I just received my pcp rifle, the FX Wildcat .25, and now I can get my air gun fun anytime I like! I look forward to learning my gun and how to use the scope properly / accurately. I hunted as a kid but only with shotguns and .22 rifles, we could not afford much else and certainly nothing with a scope on it. This air gun stuff looks challenging and that REALLY has me hooked. I haven't decided if I will hunt with it or target shoot only with it, we'll see. May need to squirrel hunt again like when I was a kid. Either way I know it will take a lot of time to get better but that may be the fun(est) part of it all. I hope to learn from you folks as much as possible and to help out as well when I can. This forum looks to be a good place to do both.
Thanks!
ps- Ted, U da Man!

Hello - Terry here. Just got my first REAL air rifle - RWS 34 and trying out various pellets to find 'the one'. I put a Sightron SII 3X9 scope that I had already...according to Sightron SII's are OK on air rilfes. It seems to like heavier pellets, so have ordered some ranging from 10.65 to 13.4 gr to see what those do.

My interest is plinking and pest elimination. Cottontails are overrunning the place, and in this area they're carrying the rabbit fever (Tularemia). I've taken five in the last few days. They also really tore up my cow hay last winter so I need to trim their numbers a bit.

Look forward to learning more from the more experienced here on the forum.

Hello,

My name is Peykan and my 11 year old son and I got into the PCP world after he showed me a couple "TED" videos 4 years ago. Since then, we have been shooting together on a monthly bases and I am proud to say he came home with 6 medals from the 2015 Extreme Benchrest! I only came home with 2 :)

We live in Arizona which is nice and close to Airguns of Arizona and Rio Salado Sportsman's club. We are also members of the Phoenix Airgun Club. Come and shoot with us on the first Saturday of the month!

Hi All
Hope everybody's Team won today !
Names Neil live in Socal been shooting since the early 70's started with a 760 pump like many others had to protect Grandmas veggie garden . Powder burners have been the primary. But I never gave up shooting Airguns still have 2 Crosman's one currently in pieces for a project pistol carbine hybrid. RWS 34 this shoots like the day it was new in 95 kept clean and lubed. Airforce Condor 22 shoots good but too loud for the backyard . New FX Wildcat 22 delivered Wed. Wow is this thing fun! need to readjust eye relief for me, I'm sure the guy at AOA is about 30yrs youger with way better vision . But damn I like it ! Also somebody said Ted's back where is he? He owes me money .Ha!!!!!!!!!
Like many of us I feel Ted has done a tremendous job promoting the sport ! Whether airgunner or powder burner without people like Ted all shooting sports will not grow like they should .
Thanks Neil