Welcome to AIRGUN NATION - please introduce yourself here!

My name is Matt. However, everyone calls me Wink.

I started shooting air guns out of necessity. Owned a home that every pigeon within a 100 mile radius felt the need to roost upon. I tried every method imaginable, with failed results. I then purchased a Crossman 1088 pistol. With it, I was able to reduce the flying rat infestation surrounding my home. It also was a good outlet to relieve some pent up agression.lol.

Recently, I have had more opportunities to go hunting. However, a form of PTSD has me twitching anytime I'm around any substantial percussion waves (thanks to OIF and GWOT). So, larger caliber riffles are out of the question right now.

Then I started to find out more about big-bore air riffles. I have read that many big-bore guns are about the same loudness as a .22 rifle. Right now I am researching PCP rifles that will allow me to hunt boar, predators, and deer. I am looking at Sam Yang 909S (.45), Benjamin Bulldog (.357), and Air Force Texan(.45). I am open to any input, recommendations, and experiences with riffles that may fit my needs.

Howdy all ,
Newbie here. I hail from the high desert/ Mountain area of So Cal. Name is Bob. I have had an R-9 since 1997 or so ,but just got around to taking it out of my safe what with the rising cost of the hard to find rim fire ammo. Anyway I am taking the R-9 down to the local folks over at Pomona Airguns for a service and tune. I am thinking its been sitting way to long. Anyway I hope to share pics of hunts and hopefully learn from you folks and maybe get some opinions on some up coming gear I've been looking at. Look forward to surfing the site.

Howdy all ,
Newbie here. I hail from the high desert/ Mountain area of So Cal. Name is Bob. I have had an R-9 since 1997 or so ,but just got around to taking it out of my safe what with the rising cost of the hard to find rim fire ammo. Anyway I am taking the R-9 down to the local folks over at Pomona Airguns for a service and tune. I am thinking its been sitting way to long. Anyway I hope to share pics of hunts and hopefully learn from you folks and maybe get some opinions on some up coming gear I've been looking at.

Hi Guys, I kept finding myself lurking on this great site, usually as a result of recommendations. Thought it was about time I joined, thanks for having me along. I am so old have I have 2 pensions. A new BSA Super Meteor in .22 was my first decent rifle, and I was the only person allowed to shoot and fish in the grounds of an estate, owned by Horace Dodge (Dodge Motors fame). Bought by Billy Smart's Circus, and became Windsor Safari Park, and now Legoland. My years with the circus earned me the nickname "CORKY"... as in the TV series "Circus Boy" with Micky Dolenz. Happy days.

BrokenFaith (Aubrey) from South Tx. I was taken to Randolph Airforce Base Outside of San Antonio, Tx. at a very young age and was taught competitive rifle shooting (22 single shot).
I later got into competitive Pistol shooting. Lost my vision in my left eye (dominant ) due to a sixteen penny nail accident at work. Fifteen years flew by, then one day a friend sent me a link to Youtube with this Guy from Ted's Holdover. That was a year ago. I decided that if I was going to relearn how to shoot right handed the best way was to grab a pellet gun. So I ordered a Airforce 25 cal PCP and set out on a mission. I love my Airforce, but I don't like having to reload after each shot ( Fat Finger Syndrome) (also known as "that's a Great Reason to get another") and ordered a FX Wildcat 25 cal.

Ps. Thank you Ted

A big heart felt hello to all my fellow hunters out there. I'm not normally found at my computer and will probably be rather sporadic in posting topics and such but that doesn't mean I won't be checking out the great hunting vids posted on here, it's fascinating to see how people from other parts of the world deal with the limited ranges and problems that shooting air rifles poses us. And whilst some of our quarry are the same it's great to learn about other pest species in different countries
As I'm now in my mid fifties and have been using air rifles to hunt since I had my first hand me down gun at 8 years old I think I can say with authority that I've seen a lot of changes in the amount and quality of equipment Mostly for the better.
I have a few hunting grounds that I cover mostly for wood pigeon, Rabbit, crow, magpies Jay, jackdaw and rat. As I'm in the UK you will be aware we are limited to under power levels of 12ft Ib which places limitations we have to work round. I did have a period when I used to use a mix of shotgun and air but my love and fascination of the air rifle always brings me the most satisfaction of a successful hunt. My stomping grounds are mostly in South Derbyshire and North Nottinghamshire 
i have a few guns I don't know if they by different names in other countries but here's what I have. 
Theoben Rapid MK1 .22cal in a custom stock
Weihrauch HW100 KT .177
AirArms Ultimate Sporter .177
AirArms TDR .22
Weihrauch HW 95K .177
Weihrauch HW 98 .177
And a Crosman American Classic 1377 pistol in .177
anyway that's all from me for now, 
stay safe and God Bless
Dave

Hi, 
I'm Rob and I have been hunting birds since I was about sixteen. I grew up in Idaho and was tricked by a girl into moving to southern California were I will be stuck for a few more years. Then we will be moving back.

My Dad started a tradition of buying his grandkids a shotgun or rifle when they turn twelve. My youngest of four boys has been hunting two years with shotguns and would like a pcp air rifle to hunt with. 

We are brand new to pcp air rifles. We have a couple of Beeman springers just for backyard fun. In California it needs to be at least 22 cal. to hunt with. My price range is about $500. Used is great and in his words "a few scratches don't matter". I'm not sure if this price is even possible for a decent pcp rifle. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

P.S. This is my first post in any forum. I have bought a few things on ebay but I don't belong to any other forums like this.

Hello, As the name implies, for numerous years, Ive been a black powder shooter. I build custom historical muzzleloaders. I started as so many others as a kid. It was my task to take birds and rabbits in the early 70s to feed my dads falcons (Falconer) when he wasnt hunting them. Im back as a "slightly" older Cop, with a new Daystate Air Ranger. What a blast

Hey guys, I'm Todd! Live in south Louisiana between Baton Rouge and New Orleans. I've always enjoyed shooting been off and on with airguns since I was a kid. I got back into airguns a couple years ago, an just purchased my second pcp a cricket 22. While I enjoy target shooting its always been about hunting for me. Started bowhunting with a recurve (my first passion) about 15 years ago. Love to freedive also, but then it's all about hunting then too.... Hope learn from the experts and meet a few fellow hunters as well.

CHN.Lee and Chnysng, have you put yourselves on our map? I'd love to have a few members on the map in China.

The address for the map is:
https://www.zeemaps.com/airgun_nation

Click on the 'Additions' section at the top of the map
Select 'Add Marker - Simple'
Fill out your information. No need to enter your real name. Few, if any of us could read it. But we'd like to have your Forum username.