Welcome to AIRGUN NATION - please introduce yourself here!

The name's Johnny, but you've probably gathered that by the username. I hail from the west central part of a tundra called Wisconsin in what's known as the Chippewa Valley. I've lurked the forums unregistered for a little while, but figured I'd pop up to introduce myself. I was going to go into how I got here, but after reaching what I would assume was 5 pages worth of back story I figured I'd give y'all the sloppy cliff's notes version.

I garden for sentimental reasons, rabbits and squirrels saw fit to start a turf war, used to be a crack shot with a compound bow as a youngin', fought back, made "that shot" that no one ever wants to repeat, almost gave up gardening from the guilt that followed that shot, remembered why I started to garden in the first place, did some newbie research via Amazon reviews, got a gamo hornet, practiced on pop cans, did more research as to what to do after making the shot everyone wants to make on quarry (when I get confident enough again), found some guys in the UK, then found this guy named Ted who had a video on how to clean and cook rabbits, found his video on how to use a mil dot scope, bought a better scope, more research and Ted videos, "hey this guy knows his stuff", "what the eff are pcp guns?", "whoa, I better start budgeting for that bobcat!", reality check... I live in suburbia and other than a few coons and a stray fox once in a while I don't need all that, "what else have you got for me Ted. A 22 Maurauder hmm? Now THAT I can afford in a few months rather than years!", more research, "holy crap this dude lives here (Wisconsin) too!", lurking the forums, reading answers to the very same questions I've got, "these guys on here don't seem half bad", and finally saying hello to everyone.

"Hello everyone!"

Hello from Down Under. Names Ben.

Started with guns at 8, with a 177 Norica model 60C springer, not overly powerful, but it was amazingly accurate. Shot every feral pest bird I could get the sights on. Started reloading at 12, and progressed to bigger and better calibres. 22, 22mag, 257R, 22-250, 7mm Rem Mag, 221-300 etc. 2008 found the 17hmr and was staggered by its accuracy.

Then I found "Ted" on You Tube!

Dammit, Just when you thought you'd beaten the bug, along comes a guy with the most amazing scope footage I'd seen. Educational, informative, and addictive. Just purchased my first PCP in 25. Saving to get into the FX range, but at this stage I'm on the economy train. I'd like to thank all the experienced airgunners for sharing their knowledge and experience, as I hate recreating the wheel.

And to Ted, keep up the videos

My name is Doug, I Iive in southern middle Tennessee. I have been airgunning for about 3 years,I'm a retired mechanic I have a wife 3 kids and 4 grandchildren. I also have 2 PCPs a Mrod and a Air Force SS both in 22. I also order a FX Wildcat .25 last week so I guess I been bitten pretty bad.Before airguns came along I competed in sporting clays for about 20 years,a real fun sport but it ran it's course and air guns are my new fix. I punch paper in the backyard and take out a few pest when I can. I always enjoyed the shotgun forums and am sure this will add to the fun of this sport. Thanks Doug

HELLO EVERYONE, MY NAME IS ANTONIO I LIVE IN JALISCO MEXICO :/ NOT LONG AGO I STARTED TO LIKE SHOOTING WITH AIR GUNS UNFORTUNATELLY ALL WE CAN GET HERE ITS CHEAP RIFLES SPRING POWERED WE CAN NOW GET THE GAMO ONES BUT I WOULD LOVE TO GET A PCP ONE IM THINKING ABOUT THE BENJAMIN MARAUDER BECAUSE IS SOMETING I CAN BUY HERE IN JALISCO AT A REALLY HIGH PRICE ( COMPARED TO THE MENDOZA , WHICH ARE SPRING POWER AND THESE ARE THE MOST COMMON RIFLES HERE) BUT I BEEN SAVEING TO GET THE MARAUDER :)
LOOKING FOR INFO AND WATCHING VIDEOS I FOUND THIS SITE.
ALL I SEE IS PROFESSIONAL SHOOTERS HERE WICH IS A GOOD THING, THAT WAY SOME OF YOU WOULD TAKE THE TIME TO TELL ME IF THE MARAUDER ITS A GOOD RIFLE TO START WITH OR WAHT WOULD YOU RECOMEND. 
AS A SCOPE I WOULD LIKE THE HAWKE BUT I THINK THEY DONT SELL THEM HERE AND EATHER SHIP THEM HERE FROM THE US :( THAN YOU

Hello fellow airgun enthusiast!
I'm Randy, I've loved airguns sense i was a boy with my frist BB gun, the daisy moldel 105 B. Ever sense then my father and i have been collecting airguns where ever we go, always brought one along on road trips to upper superior (livng in wisconsin). When i hit the age of 14 i've started to get into the sport of airsoft, no no i am not here to bash on airgunners, i enjoy both with great passion. Now icurrently are getting into the more modern style of airguns. My current favorite airguns i regularly use are my umarex steel force, and my crossman m4-177. I want to start getting into the pcp and hpa world of airguns, and hopfully this forum will help me find the right one for me, 😃

Hi,

Ben W here aka binfordw, from Indiana, US.

Been around various forums off and on for many years, was just notified that this one existed recently so figured I'd better sign up.

I run Steelplinkers.com as a side job, and enjoy forum chat and info when I find the time, but the ones I used to visit weren't really working out. I was glad to hear about this one, Everybody loves Ted, me included, so it'll be a winner I'm sure.

Reactions: CampFussell
Hi my name is Eddie Boston and I'm from a little town in central KY. I got into shooting airguns when I bought a brake barrel Crossman at Wal-Mart to get rid of some starlings nesting around my house. It's a cheap gun but I love the thing for its simplicity and the ability to shoot it in my back yard. All was good till I saw what Ted was doing with his airguns on YouTube . I can't afford the type guns Ted uses so I searched around and found that I could get a Hatsun PCP . I've been practicing and pumping . So now I'm just waiting till it cools down a little to start squirrel hunting with it.

Hello guys, my name is Vinícius, I´m from Brazil, and I'm 26, the first brazilian on this topic! I shoot since I was 6, with my father's help, and slingshot hunting since I can pull the rubber. :)
When I was 9 my father gave to me a spring air rifle .177, and then i got in the game. It's very hard to be a shooter here in Brazil, but we try. After that a bought a nitro piston Hatsan 125 in .22, in 2009, very good rifle!
And now I´m just waiting to start on the PCP world, I have a EDgun Matador coming in 2 or 3 months, my son and I are very excited!!
So I´ll need you help guys to shoot well, and change some knowledge. Sorry by my english. Appreciate your attention. 

Vinícius Braz

Reactions: Moorair
Welcome ViniciusBraz. Your English is just fine, a lot of first language English speakers mastery isn't all that hot either. I know the excitement you feel as you wait upon your Matador, I wait for the end of October to go and collect my RAW 1000X HM in the U.S. I live in New Zealand and enjoy shooting PCP's more than center fires. All the best and good shooting. Brian 

Hi, All:
I am just getting back into Air gunning after a long time, thirty + years. I bought an Air rifle, along with some other guns of my neighbor's, through his wife's attorney, when he passed away. I installed air rifle mounts, and a scope on it, shot it a dozen or so times sighting it in, and put it away until a couple of weeks ago. Now I am trying to get that, old but near new Dina /RWS mod. 36 .17 cal. air rifle back into use again. looking back I bought my first .22 LR Rifle when I was six years old using money earned hauling ashes, and trash in a wheelbarrow, and was able to buy .22 ammo at the hardware myself also. There have been a lot of guns bought,and sold by this old poop since then, and at eighty four years old my shooting has slowed down quite a bit, due to many factors, and the recoil of this air rifle feels a lot better to me than most of my powder guns do now. It seems that Air rifle shooting has become a lot more complicated today, so, I will need a lot of advice, and help, getting set up with a suitable Scope again. Help! All suggestions and advice will be appreciated. Thanks
Lowell

Hello Lowell and welcome back. You are an encouragement to me for I am a few years younger than you and want to keep shooting as long as possible. I did take a neighbor out to the range one day who was 96 and hadn't fired a rifle for 15 years. That made two of us who had a great outing. He had won the Ballanger Belt for long range shooting here in New Zealand in 1956 using a .303 Enfield. [Contested since 1861] 

My first bit of advice to you is to sell some of those powder guns and purchase a PCP rifle, there's no recoil at all with the .17 - .25 calibers. Well none that I know of, thus they make a very steady platform to shoot. Setting up with the PCP's can be a little costly- rifle, scope [it doesn't have to be an expensive one due to the lack of hammering recoil within a springer ] then the air tank and coupling hose and gauge.
Then comes the reward of very good accuracy with the right rifle. I was fortunate enough to pick up a used BSA Sportsman H.V in .22, with a dive tank and chanced upon the right pellets for it at the outset. I don't believe the owner knew what he had as he was using light 14 gr pellets that shot fine at 25 meters but no good at greater ranges. With the 18.13 gr I manage some groups under an inch at 100 meters [110 yds] When the "powder burners"see the results they sit up and take notice and I get a kick out of that. 
There's no doubt you will receive plenty of advice to manage what you already have on hand and there is so much more info stored up on 'Airgun Nation' plus all the reviews on equipment to be sort online.
So happy years shooting Lowell. Brian
[PS I'd be interested to know where in the world you live] 

I agree with gimmiemooair!
i sent my 36 off to be polished and tuned and for $300 bucks it doesn't shoot any worse. It cocks smoother now but big deal. If you can afford a good pcp, get one. 
Im not positive about this but I think it's gona cost about $4000 for a good gun, tank and compressor, but it will be much more enjoyable to shoot. More accurate and will not hurt a scope.