Welcome to AIRGUN NATION - please introduce yourself here!

Hi Everyone,

My name is Rob and I have been shooting for many, many years. I focused on varminting and even wrote free lance for shooting magazine a long time ago. I still own a 40 plus year old Sheridan Blue Streak and re-started my interest in air guns about 8 years ago. I shoot PCP Theobens, and have recently added PCP BSAs, and have made a number of modifications focusing on accuracy. I hope I can help provide some answers to those with accuracy issues. I have spent countless hours on modifications and testing to improve accuracy and power.

Hi guys, my name is Dave and have returned to airguns after serving 25 years in British Army. Missed the shooting when I left and this is a way of continuing my skills development. Unfortunately I only get to shoot a couple of times a year as I am working overseas in the land of sand!, old skills and habits I suppose. Purchased a Daystate Wolverine "C" and love it, but now looking to extend my mini armoury.

My name is Dan Carpenter im a 33 year old from Vermont Im new to the airgun world ive been at it for about a year now, My favorite rifle write now is my .25 caliber AirForce escape with a R&L shroud & UTG swat 3-12x44 IE AO scope. I love hunting and plinking cans and paper, anytime i can get out and shoot is a good day for me. Thanks for having me. Im looking to buy my first big bore, (saving my pennies) to get the AirForce Texan cant wait to see what it can do to some Vermont White tail bucks

My name is William Edwards I go by Will grand kids call me wepop.
I started shooting PCP guns in 2010. I started big 457. I took my first deer in November
Of that year. I have been hooked ever since. My best hunt was two years later when I
Took a 7 point and a doe with in 5 minutes.
Now I have a gun for each size gume.
My guns are
22 cal. Mrod LW barrel and reg. 25 fpe
25 cal. Cricket rifle 50 fpe
257 s cal. Haley 220 fpe
452 cal. Ranger 600 fpe
457 cal. Haley 450 fpe. ( I am going to change it to a 357 one day)

I see a number of people here that a have seen on other forums.
I don't post much but I do read a lot this is how I learn. I look forward
To learning here. 

Hi all, I'm Gijs, 40yo, Dutchman, but living in Belgium for over 14 years now. Married, 2 kiddos 4 and 6.
Loving (air)guns as long as I can remember. I've been shooting PB's for 10 years, a Steyr SSG match and a custom build heavy barreled Weatherby mkV 300wby mag.
Unfortunately I had to sell them because of a law change, and I regret it eversince.
Because I missed them so much, I started airgunning again with PCP's, and I enjoy it very much.
I currently own 2 custom Steyr LG110 huntings, a 12ft/lbs .177 for FT, and a 48 ft/lbs with Hatsan BT65 air tube and BSA barrels in .22 and .25. for long range (100m)
The Steyrs are topped with a Sightron SIII 10-50x60LRIRMH (.177) and a Schmidt & Bender PMII 5-25x56.
Also own a 2004 first gen HW100t in 12ft/lbs .177 for HFT which I gave a second life. (Completely rebuilt, and added a foster type quickfill) it's in like new condition again☺
The HW100 is topped by a Vortex Diamondback 2-8x32.
Next gun will be a .25cal FX Impact. Looking forward to that one.
I also like to make my own custom parts on my lathe and milling machine (toolmaker background)
Other hobbies are astronomy, motorcycles, flyfishing, rc cars, and I'm addicted to high end optics:) (binos, spotting scopes, rifle scopes etc. etc)
Looking forward to participate in the forums!

Kind regards,

Gijs

P.s. Ted, I've seen you at the FX stand at IWA Nürnberg 2015, but we haven't met, I'll say hi next year if you will be there again☺

Hi all! My name's Tom and I'm an airgun addict. PCPs are my thing. I took my moniker from the name of my favorite rifle. I'm a relative newbie and very glad I stumbled across this site. I can tell that there will be lots of great information shared here. Maybe I'll even be able to contribute.

We built this in my back yard after things started to get serious (BTW - there's a strict limit of 2 beers per afternoon):

Hi I'm Nick from air-superiorityproducts.com,
I have been an airgunner since my grandfather introduced me to them in 1998. I have always enjoyed hunting and plinking with my crosman 2250's. Eventually I caught the PCP bug and now am a life long memeber. Look forward to meeting all you guys and having fun discussuions. Recently have been involved in getting airgun regulators and accessories to airgun shooters easier and faster!

AIRGUNS RULE!

Hi there,

My name is Stijn and i'm from Belgium.
Got into airgunning at a young age but started to drop off after a while.
In recent years I have rediscovered the fun and joy of plinking away and shooting as tight of groups as I can :)
(Would looove to get some hunting in but the problem is it is illegal to hunt with airguns in the über-politicaly correct Belgium...)

Anyway, i love watching the hunting vids Ted and so many others made and make and will probably book a shooting vacation of to England or even America when the time comes :)

For the moment I am shooting a tweaked Snowpeak P12 .22 for longer distances shooting.
For 10m target I am shooting a rather vintage Anschütz Mod 220 .177 which despite it's age has never lost an ounce of accuracy.

Hope to learn alot and talk alot with airgunners all over the globe :)

Greatings, Stijn

Howdy all, my name is Frank, but on the internet, I'm ztirffritz. My journey to airguns is a convoluted one. I was raised in a suburb of Pittsburgh, so hunting and guns were kind of around me my whole life. I never really got into the hunting stuff, but loved target shooting. I went on to college and didn't really do any shooting. Then I got a job and moved across the country to Yakima Wa. I brought a hunting rifle and a shotgun with me, but never made it a priority to find where to shoot or hunt. A few years go by and I'm sitting in a restaurant with a friend when the place is robbed by an armed robber. I wasn't involved with the robbery in any way, I just sat there while it happened because, really, what could I do? But I started thinking about guns again afterward. It was like it planted a seed. I started looking into what it would take to get a gun, a CC permit, etc. I realized that none of that would have really helped me in the robbery situation so I started thinking about what it was that I actually wanted from a gun. I realized I just liked shooting targets. Simple as that. I didn't really need a big powerful gun. So I started looking up BB guns. I found Ted's videos and saw some videos about the Benjamin Rogue and some other similar guns and realized that 'BB' guns had grown up. I bought an Umarex PX4 Storm CO2 gun at a local sporting goods store and started shooting that at cans and things. After a long time plinking with the Storm and watching the prices on a few Hatsan and Benjamin models, and reading reviews and things, I bought a .25 Marauder with synthetic stock. I've been enjoying the heck out of shooting it. I was at a local range and guys were dumbfounded by the accuracy and comparative silence of the gun. I was plinking a 1.5" spinner target at about 60 yards over and over again. They just couldn't believe it. I'm really glad that sites like this exist.

Name is Robert Adkins, thus the bobad handle. Retired Engineer, know a lot about metal and metallurgy, very good with my hands.

Big gun nut from birth, have several ,22 and centerfire rifles. My pride and joy is a Savage Anschutz .22 WMR.

Bought a cheap springer combo for varmint control. Squirrels in my 1 acre yard in town, mice and a few rats in my small barn and around my pond on 10 acres in the country.

Being somewhat OC about accuracy, I didn't use my .177 Gamo springer very much for 2-3 years. Gradually, I began to practice, read, and try other pellet brands. I began to get some 1/2" groups at 20 yards, so then I got hooked.

The Gamo is a scope destroyer, so I went through 2 or 3, and just bought a Leapers. Waiting on a Hawke picatinny adapter, hope it's solid. My goal is to get reasonably tight and very consistent groups from 20-33 yards.

Since I have taken up springers as a personal challenge, I will never buy a PCP. Not that I don't drool every time a see a Day State, but the Air Arms TX200 springer is a more likely next buy.

I'm here to learn, and pass on what I have learned. Don't take curt replies from me as anger or impatience, I just hate to type. :)

I do appreciate this board and this community, and hope I can contribute in some little way.

I'm Matt. I love to shoot and after the recent ammo crisis, I started looking at other ways to maintain my shooting ability. I don't remember how, but I ran across Ted's videos and bought a .22 Disco shortly afterwards. I've had it for a few months now and have put hundreds of pellets through it. Recently I haven't had the time, or the space to shoot as often as I'd like to, but I really enjoy the affordability and just the plain fun of shooting pellet rifles. I am learning and studying the rifles as much as possible. I really appreciate what Airgun Nation has done here, and I'm looking forward to spending lots of hours reading all the information I can to improve upon what I've learned so far. So to all you veteran Disco owners, if you want to divulge your most guarded secrets on how to get as much as you can from the Disco, please pm me!

Hello, another air gun junky here. It all started back in the early 80's, a friend introduced me to the FWB 124.
I immediately went out to Williams and punched a 124. I went back a few weeks later and purchased a FWB 300S RT TH.
Then a Beeman 850 pistol.

Then the wife started having kids, the air guns went into storage and never got used I don't think I even used a tin of pellets
in the 300S.

In the last couple years I kinda got back in to shooting 1022's with a couple of grand sons, not long after that the 22 ammo
just disappeared so last winter I decided to get dig my old air guns out.
The seals were mush in the 124 and 850 but to my 
amazement the 300 sprang back to life after a few drops of chamber oil. The gun is in like new condition shoots single
hole 5 shot groups and has to have the best trigger ever made. It is so nice I hate to even use now

I ordered a couple 2300S' and figured I would have a clean start. Soon after that I began ordering custom made breeches
shrouds and building my own. I began buying more air rifles and pistols. 

​I had always told myself it's all right there just springers and single pumps "747" c02/s as long as I don't get into PCP I should be
able to control myself. 

I really believe that c02's were to blame, so effortless no cocking just put the pellet in and shoot. Soon found myself admiring the looks
of guns I didn't already have then discovered they were PCP only. The next thing I know I'm at Precision Air Guns with a Daystate
Regal in my hands and can't leave with out. Now I'm looking at spending a huge amount of cash for a compressor knowing full well
that I'm going to have to buy that FX verminator to get my moneys worth out it.

This is really a great site and a true credit to the the air gun community. 

Hi All,
My name is Hank. I hail from Perth, Ontario, Canada and I have always been fascinated by anything that fired a projectile.

As a child I started out with home-made bows and arrows, graduated to pellet guns moved on to powder burners then back to archery and now I am again focused on home-made bows and arrows and pellet guns.

Three years ago I was surfing the net and came across a discussion of airgun accuracy – I couldn’t believe the groups being shot with “pellet guns” at 30 and 40 YARDS! Lots of research and several rifles later I am a confirmed air gun addict.

I am fortunate to live on 10 acres of property in a rural area where I can sooth my addiction anytime I like. :) 

Looking forward to talking with you! 

Hey guys and gals, Guilermo here. Currently living in Tecate ,Baja California, Mexico. Been airgunning for about 4 to 5 years now. Kinda late at 41 but better late than never. punch some paper, kill many cans and enjoy hunting with my rifles, mostly in .22. As a kid I always wanted an air rifle but it was never to be back then. Got into this when my boss busted out his dad's old RWS and he said we should get our own rifles to plink in the warehouse after work. 9 rifles later and still shooting, my boss not so much he can't stand being out done at anything, hahaha. Glad to be a part of this sport, and really impressed with the diversity of the people in it. Yet another great hobby and sport to grow and learn from great people who are willing bto share what they have learned as well.