Welcome to AIRGUN NATION - please introduce yourself here!

Zdravstvuj from the Peoples Republic of New Jersey!
My friends know me as Butch. I grew up shooting, rimfire,shotgun, but most of all muzzleloaders. So I am a REAL powder burner! I did a stint with Uncle Sam's canoe club, where I was introduced to the truly sublime experience that is 7.62 NATO... I'm sorry folks, but the "Mattel Toy" ain't got nothin' on the M14...;-) Fast forward to last October, when I picked up a Crosman break-barrel for some pest control in the back yard. My Dad raised me with firearms, and flatly refused to even discuss anything that used air. His position was that they were "toys", and that they fostered bad habits from a safety stand point. Remembering some of the dumb stuff we did when my dad wasn't looking leads me to think he was right. lol Anyway, that $129 Crosman was the beginning of the addiction! It started innocently enough with a GRT III trigger, then a scope upgrade, then another scope upgrade, recrown, chamfer the breech, bronze pivot washers, Summit stock, sling mounts, muzzle brake... You get the picture! Thanks also to Ted, who instructs, entertains, and makes us laugh out loud while showing us what these marvels of engineering can do. His obvious enjoyment of what he's doing is REALLY infectious!

BTW, I live in South Jersey, Clayton to be exact. I'm always happy to meet fellow air gunners. 

Regards,
Butch

My name is Dave. I'm a retired soldier living in Colorado Springs, CO. A Korea/Vietnam veteran, with prior service in the U.S. Marine Corp Reserve, the U.S. Navy, and the US Air Force. Started shooting at age 11 with a Springfield .22 bolt action rimfire rifle. Have been shooting ever since, and have had the privilege of shooting with the 6th Army Rifle Team at the All Army Rifle Matchs at Fort Benning, GA.. I've just recently acquired my 1st decent air rifle; a .177caliber Weihrauch HW97K. I've since set up a very decent and safe 18 yard shooting range in my basement, with a safe backstop and bullet trap, as well as a sturdy shooting bench and good lighting. Enjoying the good life.

Hey all, jmoss80917 here (John Moss, 80917)
Got into air guns a couple years ago as they tend to be a little more neighbor friendly than my powder burners.
Bought a Benjamin 392 for my son when he was 12, bought it back from him when he informed me he was going to pawn it for $20 a couple years later. Have since added a couple rifles and pistols to the collection.
I bought a Crosman 2400kt with the intent to convert it to a PCP using a Disco tube & valve (still on the list but I'll get to it) . I don't have anywhere near the experience to be giving advice, but I'll be lurking to see what I can pick up.

Cheers,
John
BTW did I mention I'm a home brewer too?
(AKA GrizzlyBrew of the Brew Brothers of Pikes Peak)

Hello , my name is Stian and im from norway .

been shooting since the age of 10 , lots of powder burners , having been in the military and gun enthusiast in general .
passion tho is for air guns and rimfire at stretched ranges :)

joined the darkside (pcp) 5 years ago then sold all and now i am back on the light and narrow (springer) with my walther lgu and hw45 some other unmenthinables also lol.
tho if the economy dir will allow , a pcp will once again darken (or ligthen) my collection pretty soon .

happy shooting and holdover :)

Hello all! I'm Mike and I live in Northern California (near Sacramento).

I bought my first "real" pellet rifle in 1979 - a FWB 124. When I showed it to my friends and told them what I paid for it they thought I was crazy. Then I loaned it to a couple of them for a week - and they each bought one! I installed a Maccari upgrade in 2000, and I still own and shoot it.

I have done very little shooting in the past 16 years or so, but I'm now a few years from retirement, own a couple of acres of remote land in the mountains adjacent to large tracts of forest, and looking to get back into shooting airguns. I think it's going to take me a few weeks to catch up with the technological changes of the past few decades.

I'll be window shopping for a while, but I sense a .22 and .25 in my future. :)

I sincerely appreciate all the great information the shooters post here, and I hope to have some valuable input to share with others in the future.

My name is Zaccai King. I am 15 years old, an amateur blacksmith, and a air gunner. I don't have an income so pcps are out of the question for now, but I use a spring break barrel rifle. I mostly hunt squirrels and rabbits. I have been using air guns for 4 years. I eat what I shoot whenever possible and tan the furs. As I am stuck in southern California air guns are really my only option. I am looking forward to the helpful advise and comments.

Hey folks, Chas DiCapua here. I target shoot and plink. I'm working on 5 shot groups at 50, 75 and 100 yard distances. I'm shooting from the bench at those distances and shooting from a sitting position at spinners and gongs from 30 - 40 yards. I do this with an FX Royale 200 and an FX Boss. I also shoot 10 meters with a Crossman Challenger. I'd like to get into field target, but am somewhat intimidated by all the range finding and scope work that needs to be done. I'm just not aware of all that involves. Looking forward to learning and laughing with you all on this forum.

Hello AIRGUN NATION. My name is Glenn Elliott aka, AirGun Man. I live in Northern California and I specialize in hunting Turkeys with pellet guns and became known as AirGun Man after posting my first pellet gun turkey hunt on youtube in 2010. Someone called me AirGun Man and it stuck with my friends.

I am proud to be a member of the Benjamin Prostaff and here is a link to my hunting bio. Although pellet gun turkey hunting is my favorite the legal list of species that can be hunted with airguns in California is large and so are the giant jackrabbits not to mention the never ending Eurasian Collared doves.

My goal is to promote the sport of Airgun Hunting and help to legalize it in all 50 states especially when it comes to hunting turkeys with airguns. I hope to help this process along by posting youtube videos and educating hunters and non-hunters that hunting with today's modern airguns is very effective and ethical and should be legal everywhere just like hunting with bows and arrows is legal. I truly believe that we can achieve this goal within the next 10 years. Airgun hunting is facing the same challenges today that bow hunters faced 50 years ago and we are poised to breakout big time with regular ammo getting much more expensive and harder to get.

Airguns also open up many hunting areas that could not be hunted with traditional firearms and bullets due to noise and safety concerns. That gives airgun hunters unique opportunities just like bow hunters to hunt game that is not so pressured making the hunting experience that much more enjoyable.

Check out my hunts on youtube under "Pellet Gun Turkey Hunting Television" and some can be found under "Benjamin Trail Nitro Piston 2." Good luck on your airgun hunting adventures this year.

Hey Glenn, Glad to see you on Airgun Nation.

Sorry, writing with my old glasses. New ones broke.

I used your Youtube video on how to shoot the NP2 Trail .22 out to 60 yards Great instructional piece. I only knew you as AirGun Man.

Concerning Texas Hunting laws:
The only game animal you can take with an air gun is a squirrel. It needs to change. I hope Benjamin can push this. I know AirForce is--but they are a smaller business. You can kill a turkey with a .22 Trail. Ditto with my Disco and Marauder. There are many air guns up to the task. But I think people in state government just do not understand air guns. Texans like big power. Even a .22lr is considered a youngster's gun. So it could be an uphill climb.

I have not hunted since the seventies. But I could actually become interested in Turkey. They are thick around here (San Antonio area). . The other day I was shooting my Disco on an isolated road and a hen walked right in front of me.(I let it go, of course) And two years ago I nearly hit one on my mountain bike! 
But
it is sad to see videos where they die while attempting coitus with a plastic decoy---Sliding the hell off a synthetic hen. On Duck Dynasty the decoy had split in half and did not resemble any member of the animal kingdom. But he mounted it and Uncle Silas took him with a shotgun.

Hey, those turkey hunting videos. Eva Shockey is great!
Jeff

Regal_US here (aka Mark from Maryland). Fantastic forum. Thanks to Ted for starting this and for all the Hold Over video reviews. I'm an expat from the UK - the land of 12 ft lbs, and very much appreciate what we can use over here. After a low cost springer, and perhaps having a bias towards the homeland, my 1st serious rifle was a Day State Regal XL 30 ft lbs, with a Huggett moderator and Mamba Lite scope purchased from AOA. It was educational to see 1st hand how accurate and quiet PCPs. I look forwards to learning a lot from all the experts here, starting with Ted!

My names Josh, and I'm a resident of Southern Indiana. First gun I regularly shot was an old Daisy BB rifle. After that I had a few crosman pumps, and an old CO2 revolver. Just recently I bought a Benjamin Trail NP All Weather, and a Discovery both in .22. So far they've been a blast going for pests like starlings, even if I do miss from time to time.

Hi Everyone,
My name is Bob Abbott and I live in Eaton Rapids MI. Like most on here I got my first bb gun at the age of 9....Daisy. I own a Crossman springer that is at my daughters house for my son in law to use. They live in an area he can't shoot a powder burner in.

I am 61 now and am a powder burner and I do a lot of predator and varmint hunting along with deer hunting and bass fishing.

I stumbled across Ted's Youttube channel and after watching many of his and others videos I became interested in adding a PCP rifle to my hunting rifles. I currently have 3 cattle farms that I varmint and predator hunt. They all have lots of pigeons and starlings they would like me to work on thinning out.

I haven't decided yet on what PCP rifle I am going to get and hope that between this forum and visiting the air gun range in Kalamazoo I will find what I need.

Take care
Bob

Hello to the fine folk on Airgun Nation.

I am blessed to live on 4 acres of prime SE Wisconsin former farm land.
I bought a Marauder Pistol with the thought of harvesting the rabbits that are busy eating 1/3 of my garden.
I call it the Bunny Buster.

Through out the fall and winter I have managed to harvest 11 bunnies! 

I really enjoy the PCP experience and shoot a lot. I love the quiet that you can get with an airgun.

Hi. I go by jeager106. I have a jeager .58 custom built flintlock serial # 106.
I have 2 other flinters also custom jobs.
I have numerouse powder firearms and tons of ammo. I'm incurable.
I have a Walther Talon that an a.g. smith tuned and installed an industrial gas ram.
It's a bear to cock but I get 950 f.p.s. with xman 14.3 pels.
It's very accurate and powerful.
Also And RWS 48 and RWS 350 in .22
And the junk Benji trail, first edition that has lots of Q.C. troubles.
I posted asking about a fix for this thing.
Been airgun shooting for about 15 year and thinking hard about precharged but 
one needs a tank or hand pump and it's expensive and a general p.i.t.a.
I love hunting small game, rabbits, squirrels, groundhogs & crows with the a.g.
Really, really, nice site here!
jeager