Welcome to AIRGUN NATION - please introduce yourself here!

Hello. I am a retired science teacher from the Houston, Texas area. I am a fan of Ted's videos and will admit that it was Ted that got me interested in adult airguns. I have always been a fan of the shooting sports but for most of my life it has been the powder burning varieties. With the shortage of ammo and the expense going thru the roof, airguns made perfect sense. This transition to airguns happened about two years ago so my collection is small, but here goes:
Flying Dragon FDPCP .177 cal.<< very fun gun with open sights
Daystate Huntsman Regal XL .22 cal. <<<<<<<<< Absolutely due to Ted's review and my go to gun at this time.
Mrod Gen1 .22 cal. w/MDRL Bullpup<<< The squirrel killer
Mrod Gen1 .25 cal. w/MDRL Bullpup << The long range killer.
Crosman Titan .22 cal. (Gave to son cuz artillery hold don't do it for me)
Crosman 2240 .22 pistol
Crosman 1377 .177 pistol (apx. 30 yrs old)
2 Gamo .177 Breakbbl Whatevers
2 Bug-A-Salts (Got Flys? Shoot um!)
Thank you for all you do Ted.
Sincerely, Kyle

Hi, I'm Nathan. I build work as a gunsmith for Krieger barrels making mostly AR style barrels. I build custom long range powder burners in my spare time and hopefully full time in the future. I know next best thing to nothing about air guns but teds videos have gotten me very intrigued by them so I came here to learn more and maybe get involved with this sport. 

Hello all, Justin here and I am another one of Ted's converts. I'm an engineering graduate student at Texas A&M and love long distance shooting. I was thrilled to learn how accurate an air rifle can be and am looking to get into PCP seriously now. Happy to see so many experienced enthusiasts being part of this community. Looking forward to learning.

Hey everyone. My name is Dave Cole. I live in NE Oklahoma. I, like all of you here I am an avid air gun enthusiast.

I work a major world food supplier but I occasionally work as a chat person for Pyramyd Air.
(No, we are not paid a commission!!!)

My gun power of choice is PCP. My “grab and go” hunting gun is the mrodair P12 Gen 2. I try and participate in the local 10 meter steel silhouette meets shooting an Air Force Edge as often as time allows.

I have done a few videos which can be found on my YouTube channel “airgunsoftulsa”. As of this writing I am working on a review of mordair’s M10, Air Arms S500, my chrony test stand setup, and a few how-to’s for the newbies.

My 18yo son is my marksman. He hardly practices when we shoot 10 meter. I hand him the gun and show him what direction to shoot. The kid is a natural (just like yours are). My 14yo daughter also shoots with us occasionally but her (secret) reasoning is not to try to out shoot dad like her brother but just to hang out with me.

Hi all.

My name is Chris and live in the Phoenix area. When I was a kid I had a lot fun with my Crosman and Daisy pump guns. As an adult I've owned many firearms, but ammo has become so expensive and I now have to drive so far out into the desert to shoot that it's not that much fun anymore and is more like work. So I got into PCP airguns which I can shoot in my back backyard which is 75 yards long. I'm thankful that AOA is right across town so when I want to look at a new gun, I can. I've bought a few guns from AOA, a few from Precision Airgun and Supply and a few from Pyramyd Air. Unfortunately I don't get to shoot as much as I would like to because of other hobbies, work and projects around the house but when I do shoot the airguns it's still a blast. I look forward to hearing and learning from the rest of the forum.

What's going on team. Swing360 (yup THE one, haha). I am 29 years old and a semi professional metal detectorist and an avid air gun shooter. Like most(or many), Ted's videos on YouTube sent me here and I'm glad to be here.

I currently own/shoot a Benjamin NP .22 break barrel, but am in the market for a MRAD .25 PCP after a coyote took one of our dogs.

Although I'm not the BEST hunter, my buddies and me go out and do what we can.

I have a wonderful wife who loves to come shooting with me and although she grew up on the west coast, she has just the right amount of country in her. :)

I appreciate the opportunity to be here and to learn from all you seasoned shooters.

Hi, My name is Jerry and I am new to air gunning. I had a BB gun to start out my shooting enjoyment 55 years ago. I have many .22 guns but with the shortage of ammo I was getting pretty aggravated.I started reading about airguns about 6 months ago in one of the many bullet magazines I get and was impressed with how far air rifles have come. I started watching Ted on You Tube and was glad to hear he had developed this site. At this point the guns in the 3000 lb range seem a little expensive and hard to find a place to get the tanks pumped but with the help of the site I hope to decide which gun would be best for me.

Hi, my name is Andy. I live and hunt in Vermont. I've always had an air rifle around. Mostly keeps my marksmanship up for hunting but the main reason is that it's so much fun! I mentor a young man who loves to shoot and we shoot alot. We often shoot my Sheridan C9 but for Christmas I got him a Gamo gas spring gun. We used to watch Ted's videos over on the old site. I'm thinking about venturing into the pcp thing with a Discovery this summer. Ted and Michael, thanks for all the work!

Hey Guys,

My Name is T.J. Schaefer, However most of you know me as "EXZIVER" on YouTube, as well as other forums for that matter. I've been an airgunner most of my life and hopefully for the rest of it. I've built a pretty good collection over the years, but my passion is Airgun Hunting. The past few years I've been making Airgun Adventure Hunting videos and have had a blast doing so. I'll have to thank Ted for the inspiration to actual go forward with it! I finally got around to joining this forum. :)
Exziver Out~

Hello from NZ. I'm Brian.
I've had air rifles since I was a teen. Nothing serious until You Tube came along and piqued my interest. I planned the next time I was State side I'd buy a PCP. In the mean time I spotted one in the Hunting and Fishing store in Kaikoura. I asked a few questions but the kid couldn't shed any light on it. $900 with a dive tank. After looking up what I could I decided to make a $750 offer. A five hour drive up and back and I possessed a very nice BSA Sportsman HV in .22. I've since purchased a Hill's pump and found this rifle will group under,1 inch [4 rounds] on a calm day at 100 meters or 110 yds. Like most of you I'm hooked! I plan a trip this Oct and am studying my .22 or .25 options. I've joined this forum to pick your brains an learn what I can from the vast store of knowledge out there. I am blessed that there are a couple very good air gunners out at my range who are clued up and helpful. These fellas tell me I have a very good rifle. Very encouraging.

My name is Gunnar Trones, from Norway.
I use PCP's and springers in most calibers, and I also like to shoot air-pistols. No restriction in my country when comes to caliber and velosity, but it is NOT legal to hunt with airguns here. Shotguns for small game in the hunting season, but airguns rest of the year, plinking and practising.
I like this forum a lot!

imagejpeg

Alan from NW Iowa. Looks like I've got a new hobby on my hands and not one I expected. Did some plinking with a .22 and, of course, a BB gun when I was a kid but hardly any shooting since then (37 now). Over Easter weekend a friend came to town and asked if there was somewhere we could do 1000 yards. I asked some rancher friends of mine and they found us a nice big pasture with a backstop that was good for 925 yards. Watched my friend nail the 10x20" target on his second shot and took a few shots myself, scoring a hit on the 3rd round. It was way more fun than I expected. For the next week I hoped the excitement would pass but it didn't and had to resign myself to the fact that a new hobby had chosen me.

Figured I'd start with a .22 but since ammo is still so hard to come by why not get an airgun that I can shoot in my back yard? Made me feel a little dorky but I went into research mode to see what was out there, what it could do, and how much it would cost. Quickly stumbled upon Ted's Youtube videos and was blown away by the range, accuracy, and cost of air rifles. His enthusiasm was infectious and I felt like I was getting off cheap with a RWS 34 springer for my first gun. A few weeks later I ordered a Discovery .22. Went out to about 100 yards the first evening with the Discovery and was amazed to even be on paper with a breeze blowing. I think long range is going to get addicting and already I'm lusting after an Air Arms S510. We'll see how long I can hold off on that.

In this short time period (the past month) I also picked up a nice .22 Rifle (Savage MKII BV) and while I've been out to shoot it a couple times and it's a fantastic gun I still find myself dreaming about air rifles more than rimfires. So I thought it was finally time to bite and bullet and join a new forum for a new hobby and learn all the new names, lingo, manufacturers, and nuances. Here we go!

Alan

Hello,
My name is Paul and I'm from Santa Fe, NM. I recently got hooked watching "Ratting" videos on YouTube and was amazed by the accuracy of air rifles. Of course it is impossible to not stumble upon Ted, Matt and many others having a blast making incredible shots with PCPs. So after doing some research and coming up with a budget I bought my first Pellet gun from AOA two days ago. I went with the Daystate Regal XL in .22 cal and UPS should be delivering it shortly after I arrive home from work tonight. I've shot .22s since I was a teenager and shoot in a level action silhouette competion on Sundays.
I am excited to get into the sport and to have found a forum dedicated to airguns.

Greetings. I am JR to my friends. Into airgunning when younger and had a blast on grandma's farm with .22 rifles bows and such. I have lived in the midwest, west coast, Florida, and NE region of the U.S. For years i drove tractor trailer. Been to and spent time in 42 States. Was always able to find a nice patch of woods/forest (except in regions where you'd be lucky to see a tree). Shooting in various climates was fun learning experience. The wind in parts of Texas and Central/Up State NY is Crazy impossible! But fun just the same. Will be interesting to hear more from our Peruvian friend shooting climate at 14,000ft elevation.
Now afflicted with various ailments and disabilities I am limited to living the airgun life thru others (more photos and vids Please!) but with the limited occasional venture to woodlands with a borrowed rifle. --This forum is the absolute Best TED. Many thanks to you and others who make this possible.