HW/Weihrauch Weihrauch’s

So scopes only for me these days.... But that does not stop me from appreciating and admiring the precision and craftsmanship in these sights.
I have to give my standard "Diopter Sight Pep Talk" here, LOL.

German match sights all use a standard eyepiece thread (9.5 x 1.0mm), for which many nifty accessories are made. The secret - especially for older eyes - is to replace the OEM eye disk (typically with a small opening around 1mm) with an adjustable iris allowing you to adjust the aperture size to fit lighting conditions. You can add colored filters, polarizers, and a focusing 1.5x magnifying lens to these, but the basic adjustable opening is the big step forward.

Check this page out:

I use this older Gehmann (with iris + lens) the most.
IMG_0565.jpeg

I did just buy a early model 6702 sight for my lg380, but the attachment knobs come so close to the compression tube of the rifle I may have to clearance them, which sucks.
For what it's worth, the similar later 6800 series sight have smaller clamp knobs. Possibly for exactly the reason you describe!

IMG_7010.jpeg

For what it's worth, the similar later 6800 series sight have smaller clamp knobs. Possibly for exactly the reason you describe!

View attachment 448042
Yeah....I'm assuming that's the correct sight that would have came with this rifle.maybe I'll just keep a eye out for one of them and use this 6702 on something else.i had just assumed all anschutz series of sights would fit,should have known better😂

Yeah....I'm assuming that's the correct sight that would have came with this rifle.maybe I'll just keep a eye out for one of them and use this 6702 on something else.i had just assumed all anschutz series of sights would fit,should have known better😂
My LG380 has a 6702 sight on it as issued.

The clamping knobs come very close to the comp tube, but never touch on my rifle. Have you tried it on the rifle yet to see if they are indeed too large and make contact?
I am not aware if Anschutz made that sight with different size clamping knobs, but it would not surprise me one bit if they did.

Ck in OH--- Wow, that Diana sight and the one you have (the Elite) look just SO well made and just ooze PRECISION! Had no idea these sights were out there. Very impressive. Are these both 11mm dovetail mountings? I'm pretty well passed my "iron sights" days, the eyes just don't work for that anymore. So scopes only for me these days.... But that does not stop me from appreciating and admiring the precision and craftsmanship in these sights.

precision
Yes, the pictured Elite 202 sight is designed with an 11mm dovetail mounting base.

I will also second the above recommendation to try an adjustable aperture in a match type sight before writing them off entirely.
Being able to adjust your sight aperture for different lighting conditions is a true game changer when using a diopter rear sight.

My LG380 has a 6702 sight on it as issued.

The clamping knobs come very close to the comp tube, but never touch on my rifle. Have you tried it on the rifle yet to see if they are indeed too large and make contact?
I am not aware if Anschutz made that sight with different size clamping knobs, but it would not surprise me one bit if they did
They come close enough I can't fit a sheet of paper in between them and the compression tube....enough to make me VERY nervous! Afraid if I try and tighten them I'm going to Mar the tube. Do you have a picture of your 380 with the sight installed?

They come close enough I can't fit a sheet of paper in between them and the compression tube....enough to make me VERY nervous! Afraid if I try and tighten them I'm going to Mar the tube. Do you have a picture of your 380 with the sight installed?
20240324_213413.jpg

20240324_213526.jpg

20240324_213552.jpg

If you are running into clearance issues on the large knurled diameter of the knobs, you can remove the knob from the threaded stud and shim it out slightly with an appropriately sized washer of some sorts.

I just realized that my sight is a 6705 as well, not a 6702 as I previously stated. I need to take M. Driskills course on rear sights again to sharpen my ID skills.......

Last edited:
View attachment 448708
View attachment 448709
View attachment 448710
If you are running into clearance issues on the large knurled diameter of the knobs, you can remove the knob from the threaded stud and shim it out slightly with an appropriately sized washer of some sorts.

I just realized that my sight is a 6705 as well, not a 6702 as I previously stated. I need to take M. Driskills course on rear sights again to sharpen my ID skills.......
Yeah I think that 6705 has just a little more clearance....I was hoping to do exactly that and try to shim them out a few thousandths, that's how close I am to having this sight fit. Maybe I'll try and pull the knobs off tomorrow and see if I have a shim washer in the right size I need. Thanks for the pics!

Felt like touching back on this little gem of a rifle
1000000858.jpg

Have not changed the spring, or done anything to it. I simply took it for what it was, and learned to love it. It is a fantastic rifle for squirrel sized pests around the yard IMO.

The Perfekt trigger, while not perfect, is pretty darn good fellas. The trigger was addressed only to clean, polish and lube the engagement and bearing surfaces, and any obvious rough spots were stoned.
The Rekord rules the roost, due to its adjustability, and the Perfekt has no chance of equalling that. What the Perfekt trigger does have is, a clean first stage, and a second stage that breaks at 2.5 lbs. The weight on the second stage actually feels lighter because it breaks so clean. I am pleased with it, and it will not get changed out.

In a nutshell

Don't walk by an old Weihrauch because you don't see a Rekord adjustment screw, you may be pleasantly surprised.

And I would add that old HW 50 stock - severely plain though it may be in appearance - fits me like it was custom made. Absolutely the best-handling sporter rifle I own.

Light, ideal slight muzzle-heavy balance, easy to carry (note how the finger grooves are near the center of gravity), and flies to the shoulder with the sights aligned. I've held on to this homely thing whilst two of the ultimate cosmetic evolution of this basic gun - the R8 - have passed through here.

Last edited: