HW/Weihrauch Weihrauch’s

These sights are fairly common...but not boxed in such nice condition! And the real jewel may be the FRONT sight - the ones that have a threaded sleeve on both ends were made only for DIana's match guns. The same basic sight, with only a rear sleeve, was used on their sporter rifles.

As discussed above, these sights fit a lot of models, just not the 75 T01. You may be well-served in the future to hang on to it! 😁
Thank you, I didn’t even think that with Diana’s diopter sights everything was so confusing.

the whole vile would be poured in, the amount of gas is then metered by the bolt being cycled.
You do.

Thanks for sharing.
Do you pour all the either in or just a drop ?
Reminds me of the movie I think The Deep. Nick Nolte and Jacqueline Bessette.
LOL, I thought the same thing (the deep)

Thank you, I didn’t even think that with Diana’s diopter sights everything was so confusing.
It's a great mystery to me why Diana changed the rail design on the "75 T01" sight...what good is a sight that fits none of your previous models!?!? Weird. But the older 60 and 75 diopters are handy to have in your stash, since they work on so many other Dianas.

As an example...I bought this excellent-condition model 60 recoilless rifle for a bargain price, because it had no rear sight. But I had a Diopter 60 set exactly like yours stuck in a drawer, so - no problem! 😁
IMG_0616.jpeg

Last edited:
It's a great mystery to me why Diana changed the rail design on the "75 T01" sight...what good is a sight that fits none of your previous models!?!? Weird. But the older 60 and 75 diopters are handy to have in your stash, since they work on so many other Dianas.

As an example...I bought this excellent-condition model 60 recoilless rifle for a bargain price, because it had no rear sight. But I had a Diopter 60 set exactly like yours stuck in a drawer, so - no problem! 😁
View attachment 447357
Oh no, I don’t plan to buy a Diana Giss, now I’m just getting rid of all my Dianas. I decided to keep only 4, two Diana-30 NOS, in boxes, from the Beeman collection, bought at RIA, Diana 54 T06 and Diana 24D T01. I'm done with the Dianas.

I've never owned one of the model 82 sights, but handled one at an airgun show a couple years ago. It is made by the Swiss company "Elit," and really lovely. I don't know that it will help you shoot any better than their standard models, LOL, but yes it is a step up quality-wise. Note that classic Anschutz sights will also fit any Diana rails just fine though and are relatively easy to find.

The boxed sight shown in the post above is a Diana "Diopter 60." It will fit the models 60, 65, 66, and 75 match rifles, and many of the older Diana sporters, but NOT the 75 T01 rifle. The "Diopter 75" fits the same guns. The "Diopter 75 T01" fits ONLY the 75 T01 rifle as far as I know.

These pics all show the 60, 75, and 75 T01 left-to-right. The latter two look much alike, but the Diopter 75 T01 has a narrower flat rail shape, and "T01" embossed on top:

Thanks Mike! I know the 82 is supposed to be pretty nice, not really looking for more accuracy out of it, kinda just want it for the cool factor...plus I'm a nerd and like finely made sights.from what I can tell the 82 sight is actually a elite model 202 sight. The fact that you don't have one only adds to how rare they are🤣 well since you held one in your hands.....have you ever had a sight in your collection that was more nicely made than one of these sights? I have a diana 75 lefty that is missing its rear sight, so I figured if I have to find one anyway... I might as well try and find a upgrade like the 82 sight for hopefully only a little bit more money 😁

Reactions: Bandito
I didn’t look at what stamps were on this sight; diopter sights were only installed on T01 and were never installed on a Diana crossbow trigger. Show me what your optional sight looks like and I’ll tell you if I have it. If this is what I'm thinking about, then yes, one of my Haenel rifles has an optional micrometric sight, which is impossible to find. And yes, it works better than the diopter one.

View attachment 447182

View attachment 447183

Screenshot_20240320_210742_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240320_210805_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240320_210833_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240320_210818_Chrome.jpg

Does it live up to the hype as a fantastically made swiss watch of a rear sight?😂
It works exactly as advertised, and it never once failed to repeat when dialed for wind or distance.
The clicks are precise and tactile, if slightly on the soft side, and the turrets scale out bang on the graduations when clicking.
The eye piece screw in aperture feature, while rather original in thinking, is actually a moot point if using an adjustable aperture such as a Gehmann or Siebert etc.

It works exactly as advertised, and it never once failed to repeat when dialed for wind or distance.
The clicks are precise and tactile, if slightly on the soft side, and the turrets scale out bang on the graduations when clicking.
The eye piece screw in aperture feature, while rather original in thinking, is actually a moot point if using an adjustable aperture such as a Gehmann or Siebert etc.
Well....now I want one even more!🤣 hopefully I come across one soon.someone said they have one, but are having difficulty finding it😪. So for now the search continues. Congratulations on the gorgeous sight! And if you ever want to part ways with it.....I'm your guy!😁

I have a well loved 1977 hw50s....great little rifle! I also have it in the "r8" trim, but that ones a beauty queen though, and I find I grab the beat up old 50s with a rare beeman branded 13mm Williams peep way more then I grab the r8.
I got rid of my to R8’s but I love my old 50S

IMG_3755.jpeg

Thanks Mike! I know the 82 is supposed to be pretty nice, not really looking for more accuracy out of it, kinda just want it for the cool factor...plus I'm a nerd and like finely made sights.from what I can tell the 82 sight is actually a elite model 202 sight. The fact that you don't have one only adds to how rare they are🤣 well since you held one in your hands.....have you ever had a sight in your collection that was more nicely made than one of these sights? I have a diana 75 lefty that is missing its rear sight, so I figured if I have to find one anyway... I might as well try and find a upgrade like the 82 sight for hopefully only a little bit more money 😁
My personal fave is old Anschutz sights. Strong, compact, fit about anything with 11mm grooves, precise and repeatable adjustments, and pretty easy to find. IMHO much better than the vintage Diana, HW, or FWB factory sights.

There were both alloy and steel Anschutz sights. Today they all seem to go for about the same money on the used market, but the steel models were nicer, and much more expensive when they were new.

Any modern upgrade sight from Gehmann or Centra is also a gorgeous thing, again a step above the factory diopters, and IMHO comparable to the Elite.

FWIW here's a Diana 35 with a classic Anschutz 6700 steel "Universal" sight. A nice feature of these is that the eyepiece thread continues through to the front of the sight, making it easy to attach accessories (like this eye shade).
IMG_4809.jpeg

Last edited:
My personal fave is old Anschutz sights. Strong, compact, fit about anything with 11mm grooves, precise and repeatable adjustments, and pretty easy to find. IMHO much better than the vintage Diana, HW, or FWB factory sights.

There were both alloy and steel Anschutz sights. Today they all seem to go for about the same money on the used market, but the steel models were nicer, and much more expensive when they were new.

Any modern upgrade sight from Gehmann or Centra is also a gorgeous thing, again a step above the factory diopters, and IMHO comparable to the Elite.

FWIW here's a Diana 35 with a classic Anschutz 6700 steel "Universal" sight. A nice feature of these is that the eyepiece thread continues through to the front of the sight, making it easy to attach accessories (like this eye shade).
View attachment 447506
Mike, it's so funny....I actually have the exact same setup on my winchester 435, I put it on there because I absolutely love that rifle, and wanted to add a anschutz type sight to it, I bought a 6700 and put it on....what a absolute tack driver that old 35 is! I do like the anschutz sights, I guess I was just looking for something a little more exotic for my model 75. I did just buy a early model 6702 sight for my lg380, but the attachment knobs come so close to the compression tube of the rifle I may have to clearance them, which sucks.

Yes, I have had it for a some time. Still have the original box it came in as well.

It has filled in on a few rifles until correct sights could be sourced.
View attachment 447411
Ck in OH--- Wow, that Diana sight and the one you have (the Elite) look just SO well made and just ooze PRECISION! Had no idea these sights were out there. Very impressive. Are these both 11mm dovetail mountings? I'm pretty well passed my "iron sights" days, the eyes just don't work for that anymore. So scopes only for me these days.... But that does not stop me from appreciating and admiring the precision and craftsmanship in these sights.

precision