HW/Weihrauch Weihrauch “warning label”

I just saw this and wanted to know if Weihrauch has now gone exclusively with this print on their entire line. This is the first I’ve seen the “warning label” in print form. Not a fan. Borrowed picture.
379FA595-0FE5-4728-8C53-FAC01E3D6470.jpeg

Yes, I've seen that on the last few guns people have sent me. I'm not a fan but it's still more discreet than the giant "Beeman" on the newest R models.
I have a few guns with Lazer Model and caliber designation on the breech but none with the Lazer safety information on the tube. I initially hated it on the breech and in time I stopped noticing it. Eventually it will be the normal.

I will say there's been a down turn in quality at about the same time as the new etching. Right now I'd rather roll the dice on a used stamped model than buy a new rifle. And anyone that knows me well, knows I've always been leary of buying used guns.

It can be subdued with some knowledge of cold bluing . It is a cautious ordeal as you need to know how to remove it quickly and polish fast as it can streak factory bluing Too ..Will it remove it .. NO.. JUST SUB DUE THE GOLD

Rolled stamping is time consuming and expensive a dies need to be replaced periodically. I agree it’s cheaper looking but what I do like is it’s removable totally when rebluing giving you a stealth comp tube and smooth finish.

I know most won’t buy a $500 gun to reblue. Only a nut bag would do such a thing. 🤣

KWK beat me to it! Whether or not you like the content, etching does at least holds up well if taken care of. My sole pre-war BSA is readable, but nothing like that nice...

Yes, we old timers justifiably roll our eyes at warning labels and such. But this is not a new thing, and if we've learned anything in the Internet / Social Media age...it's that there are people out there who are SO ignorant they genuinely need it.

Last edited:
I just saw this and wanted to know if Weihrauch has now gone exclusively with this print on their entire line. This is the first I’ve seen the “warning label” in print form. Not a fan. Borrowed picture.View attachment 426683
Why would Weihrauch print Air Venturi's name of their guns unless some form of partnership has evolved?
Very Bad News when Air Venturi get's involved ........... as in "Selling Out" :oops:.

Reactions: bustachip
Air Venturi is on there because they are one of two authorized Weihrauch importers in the US. AoA is the other.

I believe there's international requirements now or pending to mark importer names on all weapons. It's supposed to help prevent illegal gun trading internationally by being able to trace back the weapons to the original importer.

I also believe the English importer information has been stamped on Weihrauchs for a long time. I believe it was Hull Cartridge or something like that. It also helps an importer verify their Warranty liability. I'm waiting to see if AoA lazers their name to the guns soon. Guns brought in by them and Air Venturi traditionally have their barrels stamped "USA"

It's long been required to provide the safety manual availability on a weapon.

It's long been required to provide the safety manual availability on a weapon.
Yup, I've got a few RUGER firearms from the early 80's ( Yes 40+ years ago ) that have engraved Safety messages / notes.
If anything the AG industry is finally getting with the program of Liability & Safe operation protocols :rolleyes: