• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch Weihrauch thread protector?

Do HW guns come with thread protectors? The threaded portion is abnormally long. So, even though I have correct OD protectors, they are too short to cover all of the threads. I just like having protectors for all of my guns. I have a hw100 barrel on a nova star and it is just too long to store with the moderator on. I ordered one from trrobb that is long, but lists absolutely no specs. Not even thread pitch. So, basically I'm just hoping it might fit or be able to be made to.

As always. Wishing I had a lathe or even anywhere to put one. I would 3d print one, but got rid of my printer as well. Hadn't been used in too long, and honestly didn't even have space for it.

PSX_20231117_145336.jpg

is the threads 1/2x20?? if so you can get, I forgot what they are called.. like a coupling but.. it's like 3x as long as a regular nut.. should be able to get them at a good hardware store..
I could make you a thread protector if it is USA threads but unfortunately I don't have much metric threading tools if it is metric.. I could do it out of steel, brass or aluminum stock and if you want nylon that would be easy to do.. id just need the outside diameter and length..
pm me if you want to.. I have a lathe and mill and enjoy doing something.. I'm retired/disabled so I am slow.. but I can do it.. I also can knurl the outside.
Mark

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas