• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Weihrauch problem

ProSport is an excellent rifle! I own a TX200 and a HW77. The TX200 is way more refined (and hefty) than the HW77, but... there's always a but! The HW77 has open sights, where the TX200 (or ProSport) can only be shot with some kind of optic on it. That's why I have both, because I love to shoot with open sights. And there are different types of HW77's out there. This is mine, scope sits on a weaver rail with quick-detach mounts so I can switch quickly between scoped and open sights. 100% fun guaranteed! ;) 

I don't discount the 77/97. I am a big Weihrauch fan and if I could only have one rifle a Weihrauch would be it. I do feel like though that the ProSport is much more refined that the HW. The shot cycle is smoother and it is a more efficient designed, exemplified by the lack of preload on the spring of the Air Arms guns compared to German guns of similar power. Some of the parts on the Air Arms guns do seem a bit dainty and I question their realistic lifespan. The Weihrauch guns, if anything, is overbuilt like a tank. But they also handle as such in some ways. Also, when it comes to either brand's underlever, I feel it does a disservice to either not to scope them. To get the potential out of either, you have to mount a quality optic.

True, the ProSport from an engineering standpoint is more refined. But the TX200 can be compared to the HW97 and is equally well built. In fact, when they created the TX200, the HW97 stood model for it, you can say the TX200 is an upgraded HW97 in all respects. The ProSport is somewhat of a different animal. I've been in doubt for a rather long time between the HW77 and HW97 (next to my TX), but since you can only shoot the TX scoped, that's why I choose the HW77 in the end. No regrets so far. :D